1. If you're having issues with staying logged in, log out and in again. More details in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

What's Paul Parker's problem?

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by ManUchosenbosslvg, Jan 11, 2017 at 04:29.

1. Jan 11, 2017 at 05:37

Omar Little Full Member

Can't see why they wouldn't. Liverpool have been playing some of the best football in the league. We're playing well ourselves atm but need to be more clinical.

Anyway, that's enough from me. I'm off to scrub my hands with bleach after typing those positive comments about Liverpool.
  2. Jan 11, 2017 at 05:37

Toad New Member

Since taking charge of their current clubs:

Mourinho - 2.16 PPG
    Klopp - 1.73 PPG

Poor poor Parker forgetting the vital part that Klopp has had an extra season and 2 extra transfer windows.
  3. Jan 11, 2017 at 05:39

DiseaseOfTheAge In his safe space disliking Daim - the weirdo

In the league?
  4. Jan 11, 2017 at 05:39

Mciahel Goodman Worst Werewolf Player of All Times

It pays to say controversial things. Otherwise people might not care.
  5. Jan 11, 2017 at 05:40

Hopkins' law.
  6. Jan 11, 2017 at 05:41

AN17 Full Member

So you admit that his initial assessment of the starters for the spot was wrong. Carrick was available for selection, but Jose chose Fellaini over him at the beginning. Maybe he thought Carrick couldn't cope being a starter any more or that Fellaini was capable of doing the job. Once things weren't going well, he tried Carrick and found out what he was missing. Not dissing on Mou, but Parker isn't wrong when he says most fans had rightly pointed out Carrick was the better choice.

Again, I'm not saying Paul Parker is some pundit genius for his comments. But I don't see it as complete bull and mightly controversial to have a thread and bash him over it. Not in this instance. I'd agree if this was about the comments on us hiring Sherwood or the obi mikel better than pogba and various others.
  7. Jan 11, 2017 at 05:45

Toad New Member

Well, that's me never using transfermarkt again for stats :lol:
  8. Jan 11, 2017 at 05:45

Omar Little Full Member

I think it's fair to have a thread bashing him because (in general) he's either a clueless idiot or an internet troll making outrageous statements, just to be noticed. Either way, he's a bitter little prick.

If you're going to be controversial and you actually believe what you're saying, fair enough, but to do it, just for clicks, well he deserves all the stick he gets.
  9. Jan 11, 2017 at 05:46

:lol:

I see.
  10. Jan 11, 2017 at 05:47

AltiUn likes playing with swords after fantasies

You sound awfully like Moyes. We don't need to aspire to play like Liverpool, our last two months have shown we can play good football and get results, better results than Liverpool in the same period I might add, the negative stats around our attacking play have been skewed by our play in the first couple of months but once we'd found our first 11 things have clicked into play. At the moment I'd say we don't need to aspire to be like anyone in the league.
  11. Jan 11, 2017 at 05:48

Toad New Member

Just had a quick look. They are classing even cup games as points, but still it is overall in all comps for both managers; If you want to think of cup matches as points.

Still not a bad return for how little time he has had.
  12. Jan 11, 2017 at 05:50

Did wonder if that was how the stat came about.

Yeah, he's going well, right now, and that win ratio shows it. If we're still around that come the end of the season we shall be happy bunnies, I reckon.
  13. Jan 11, 2017 at 05:54

AN17 Full Member

Fair enough, although I didn't say he doesn't deserve to be bashed ever. Just didn't see any comedic value or controversy in the current statements. I agree in general that he sounds a moronic attention seeking prick.
  14. Jan 11, 2017 at 06:06

11101 Full Member

And conceded 4 more.

In fact since our team started to take shape since December they have scored 3 more, and conceded 5 more. We have 5 more points to show for it.

Everyone knows Mourinho builds his team from defence. Paul Parker shouldn't be surprised, and Mourinho is the most successful modern coach because of it.
  15. Jan 11, 2017 at 06:11

Yes. Which I would suggest is sensible - rather more so than Klopp's approach - but is also the reason we play with less 'flair'. Hopefully, if the trend you mention continues, it shall also soon be the reason we find ourselves with a better points tally than Liverpool.
  16. Jan 11, 2017 at 06:11

krazyrobus Full Member

As per usual, with pundits, and even most people, context is important and doesn't seem to be considered here.. In the real world, team dynamics are always important. No amount of money can improve that, only time, I think over the last 6 or so games we have been as enterprising as Lpool without the scoring as many.
  17. Jan 11, 2017 at 06:31

Infordin Full Member

Supports:
    Barcelona
    De Gea

Valencia - Matip - Bailly - Milner

Lallana - Henderson - Pogba

Mkhitaryan - Zlatan - Coutinho

That is my combined XI, based mostly on this season.

There are some seriously close calls. Clyne vs. Valencia, Matip vs Rojo, Carrick vs Henderson, Lallana vs Herrera, Mane vs Mkhitaryan, and Coutinho vs Mata/Martial are all so close.

At left back Milner is the best of a very average bunch.
  18. Jan 11, 2017 at 06:32

fellaini's barber Full Member

Where has this Liverpool 'flair' gotten them recently. What's with people and stupid comparisons, Mourinho just got here and in his first few months struggled to get the team going, some wanker journalist moans about Liverpool being better and some of you use it as a stick to beat him. So what you want right now is for us to have as much 'flair' as Liverpool?
  19. Jan 11, 2017 at 06:36

Sparky10Legend New Member

My eyes.

Very generous to include Henderson in my opinion. Supposing that changed to Carrick we would have a fast more realistic 7-4 total.

We are getting there, Jose will win the league with this side, no later than next season. The Dippers won't win the league anytime soon
  20. Jan 11, 2017 at 06:37

Probably not. It might be more the things the posts actually say.
  21. Jan 11, 2017 at 06:37

buckooo1978 Full Member

:lol:
  22. Jan 11, 2017 at 06:39

Classical Mechanic Full Member

Indeed. Our problem is not finishing chances rather than not creating them.
  23. Jan 11, 2017 at 06:50

Siddharth New Member

I like Paul Parker, possibly the first pundit to have called out Rooney, when he was still considered a "world class" player.
  24. Jan 11, 2017 at 06:58

sglowrider Against Oral Equality

B.I.T.T.E.R

Dumped unceremoniously by Fergie for Gary Nev.
  25. Jan 11, 2017 at 07:01

antohan gets aroused by tagline boobs

1. I'd take Mané no doubt. The rest? Either no way or a case of potato-potatoe.

2. I'd like us to score more goals. Feck all to do with them.

3. Hopefully we will make a killing, yes.

4. True, that one is fecking bizarre. The only explanation I can find is maybe he kept Carrick at arms' length while dealing with the Rooney situation (or am I the only one thinking their use has been inversely correlated?).
  26. Jan 11, 2017 at 07:18

Robbie Boy Full Member

Wijnaldum would get into our team, that's priceless. He's fecking poison :lol:
  27. Jan 11, 2017 at 07:30

The United Full Member

Ah some people are being a bit precious.
  28. Jan 11, 2017 at 08:07

harms Full Member

So is Coutinho's and Henderson's
  29. Jan 11, 2017 at 08:21

Ixion Full Member

He has always been a very miserable pundit, it's just the way he is it seems.
  30. Jan 11, 2017 at 08:22

JJ12 Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

DDG

Valencia
    Bailly
    Matip
    Milner

Carrick
    Pogba
    Coutinho

Mane
    Zlatan
    Mkhitaryan

Something like that I'd go for, but that's really attacking so maybe Wijnaldum for Coutinho for balance reasons.
  31. Jan 11, 2017 at 08:23

JJ12 Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

And Liverpool don't do this? Henderson and Coutinho love a pop shot
  32. Jan 11, 2017 at 08:29

lewwoo Full Member

Maybe I'm wrong and just notice it more but it always seems to be ex Utd players that come out being negative about their old team. Might just be covered less in the media but I dont recall many old pro's from other club's coming out with stuff like this.
  33. Jan 11, 2017 at 17:21

Oneunited26 Full Member

I don't see how we can complain, we can by dropping those silly points but Jose is slowly getting there. Can paul parker even say that liverpools spine is better than our spine he would knowing him lol, look at DDG, Bailey, carrick, pogba, herrera, zlaten, what a fantastic team Jose is building, we still in both cups, europa league looks promising a few points off top 4 we right there. So parker is having a go at Jose Mourinho who has had not one full season at united if we held on we be 10 points better off Jose is learning wanting more out of his team, compared to klopps extra window, so parker is not happy that the signings Jose has made? how many could not go one day and say we messed up with the pogba transfer when he left us, he's moaning about carrick that Jose did not play him, did Jose do that? no because carrick is always a slow one to get going, and the past few months Jose has played him which he forgets Jose did not have some players available, now he has and he's playing them.

Parker also forgets the likes of carrick always takes time to get going, pogba and zlaten was new to league, Mkhi was unfit, Bailey slotted straight in thankfully, so his main summer signings now are slowly starting to get their engines fully run in, and we seeing the pay off. We also seeing a very tactically drilled united team, what's wrong parker? united not mindlessly attacking, attacking, he's not happy seeing Pogba and Herrera building up one outstanding partnership, Mikhi's outstanding performances from the right, martial is slowly getting it together, and zlaten is looking fantastic. Jose has kept the home grown players like lingard and rashford in the fold, this idea parker thinks united should play rush football when we seeing a very good style of football come to the front, and seeing play carrick, herrera, pogba, mkhi, martial and zlaten in games, this is has exciting has its ever been at united, how about lets see how we get on has the future looks allot brighter

Apart from mane maybe, none of them would get into that united midfield of carrick, herrera, pogba, mkhi and zlaten, that is an outstanding set of players who dominate games. But I would love to see more of martial from the left, he gets going and Jose sees the performances improve day to day, don't think any liverpool player could improve our starting 11, especially the way we are setting up does not suit a liverpool player. For now yes mane would start on the wing, but martial could easily do that
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017 at 17:34
  34. Jan 11, 2017 at 17:25

Red Katie Full Member

Dude is unbearable and needs to lay off the caffeine. Was on Mutv a few years back and I couldn't stand him. Does he even like United?
  35. Jan 11, 2017 at 17:30

Walters_19_MuFc Full Member

Have to say I agree with the last two.

If we had replaced Carrick in the summer, it would have been fine, but we didn't, which meant Carrick was a must. Thankfully, we are playing him now.

Also, we know that in the bigger games Jose tries to solidify his team a bit more than usual. Maybe he'll change now that he's at United. He did mention that he wants to change his style, but in the past, he has been known to sure it up a bit against the 'bigger' teams.
  36. Jan 11, 2017 at 17:35

ravelston Full Member

Most fans (and Parker) were not at the training sessions while Mourinho was trying to take the LvG out of the players. We have no idea how Carrick performed - just the same as we had no idea how Mkhitaryan was doing. Both of them made it into the team when Mourinho felt they were ready - would have been great if that had been earlier, but it wasn't - and he's the guy we're paying to make the call (not mention that he's the only one with sufficient information to make it).
  37. Jan 11, 2017 at 17:42

dannyrhinos89 OMG socks and sandals lol!

Just a nobody trying to stay relevant somehow

Best off ignored.
  38. Jan 11, 2017 at 17:45

Omar Little Full Member

Exactly.
  39. Jan 11, 2017 at 17:55

Oneunited26 Full Member

I thought the way he had chelsea playing between 2004-06 was has devastating has a unit you could get. To be for to Jose, his key weapons were either not fit, or were not ready. I don't think carrick, mkhi, martial were ready, pogba zlaten and mkhi were new to the league, the only mistake he made was not playing herrera sooner, that was his only mistake, now he has put that right we are in everything. Hell I say our loss of concentration and poor finishing, not too mention poor decision making from refs cost us an extra 10 points, he's been trying to get the right team on the pitch, he just did not have the right players available, and when he was trying to change the way they were playing after the robotic playing style under VG, its been allot of hardwork for Jose. I like he's been experimenting, not mentality stuck with one system, he's gone with what suits the players the best and we looking very good. He's continued to play carrick, herrera, pogba, mkhi, zlaten and who ever is on the left in a 433, so he knows his best team now everyone is fit. Look how he's warmed to mata, where everyone thought he would dump him, he has not, he's been a key player for united, and Jose has really helped mata show what he is capable of. Parker makes out he played these players in march and april, and not november, Jose has moved quickly to get the right team and system on the pitch, he did not stumble across what he wanted to play
  40. Jan 11, 2017 at 17:58

ravelston Full Member

In terms of the players, I'd love to have Coutinho - he'd make a great backup for Pogba. Mane would certainly get into our wide player rotation - probably taking some of Lingard's time. Firmino is a nice player, just not sure where he'd fit into a Mourinho team. Lallana is like a hybrid of Herrera and Mkhitaryan - I'm not sure he's better than either of them in their positions but he'd be a useful backup. Matip would give us 4 CBs - whether he'd start would be another matter - certainly wouldn't have broken up Jones/Rojo for him. Milner is a maybe - I'd take him over Blind in a heart beat - rather depends on whether Shaw gets out of his funk or not. Henderson isn't as good as any of Carrick, Pogba and Herrera in their individual positions, so not a starter - and even having him as a backup would be risky - I seem to remember that there's something wrong with the way he runs. Sturridge is occasionally brilliant and might be worth a punt if he wasn't made out of glass. Wijnaldum just leaves me speechless - that one must have been a joke.
  41. Jan 11, 2017 at 18:02

prath92 Full Member

does paul parker watch us to say we dont have flair? we have dominated every team for past 3 months (nov, december and jan so far). that includes arsen;al and spurs