What's Paul Parker's problem?

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by ManUchosenbosslvg, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Jan 11, 2017

ivaldo Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

At the beginning of the season, absolutely, but then Mourinho inherited a side that had been devoid of the stuff for three years. In the last few months we've been playing very attractive, attacking football. That's down entirely Mourinho. Would be interesting to see stats on chances created over the last 2 months, can't imagine wed be fair off top spot.
  2. Jan 11, 2017

GazTheLegend Full Member

:lol::lol::lol:

You WUM.
  3. Jan 11, 2017

Denis79 Full Member

In all honesty those words should not come from a old United player. Disrespectful
  4. Jan 11, 2017

Oneunited26 Full Member

How can parker sit there with a straight face and not be excited with carrick, herrera, pogba, mkhi, martial and zlaten, maybe he's so outdated u got to play 2 strikers, 433 is too negative LOL, the players he mentioned sure are better than what we have got shut up parker, when undoing the damage moyes and VG have done for the past 3 seasons
  5. Jan 11, 2017

Sandikan aka sex on the beach

I know he was a good player for us and all that, but who honestly cares what some guy who has done nothing of note for 2 decades thinks?

He's like that clown in the office who insists Mourinho is the most negative manager ever, and that Pogba isn't that good a player, yet hasn't watched United play once this season
  6. Jan 11, 2017

illReD Banned

He's a bloke who has fallen into insignificance so comes out with controversial statements to get a little fame every now and again, a la Robbie Savage.
  7. Jan 11, 2017

sosolid4u09 Full Member

Lets be honest. Liverpool are playing fantastic football at the moment..but we're not exactly playing garbage so i dont mind too much. As long as we win the big trophies and carry on playing as we are, im a happy fan.

As for Liverpool players, I would take 4 or 5 of their guys.

Also mourinho has sacrificed flair for solidity that's what he always does. But there's nothing wrong with that as long as our football is still exciting!
  8. Jan 11, 2017

sosolid4u09 Full Member

Why not? If he believes them to be true he should say it. If you're gonna be a professional you need to be unbiased
  9. Jan 11, 2017

amolbhatia50k Sneaky bum time

Parker is pretty much the most absurdly deoressing and critical voices about everything United related from among those who have been associated with the club.

But to be fair those comments aren't that bad.
  10. Jan 11, 2017

Sereques Full Member

Some fans in this forum agrees with him that we lacked flair despite Liverpool creating few more chances than us. :rolleyes:
  11. Jan 11, 2017

SirAF Ageist

:D
  12. Jan 11, 2017

TheSwedeFromSweden Full Member

Supports:
    Zlatan
    So in his mind Firmino would bench Zlatan, Coutinho Martial, Mane Mkhitaryan, Lallana Pogba, Sturridge also Zlatan, Henderson Carrick, Matip Rojo and Wijnaldum Herrera?
  13. Jan 11, 2017

wolvored Full Member

He has had a pop at other times as well. Still hasnt gotten over being shunted out for Neville.
  14. Jan 11, 2017

RedPhil1957 Full Member

This ------------------- the guy was very bitter and twisted even though Fergie did everything to find him a club.
  15. Jan 11, 2017

Adnan Twitter machine

Parker I remember was on MUTV quite often in the past and he was in my opinion the most miserable ex red they had on there.
  16. Jan 11, 2017

Stobzilla Official Team Perv

Parker can get fecked. Got put in his place by Romario and has been less than half a man ever since.
  17. Jan 11, 2017

sullydnl Ross Kemp's caf ID

Those comments aren't that bad.

Based on this season quite a few Liverpool players would certainly get in our team. They have been better than us so it would be bizzare to think otherwise really. I have no doubt a lot of our fans would like to see us play with Liverpool's gung-ho style either. They are an excellent attacking team after all, it's their defence that lets them down.

Mourinho has traditionally had that reputation for sacrificing flair, even if we're playing well atm. It will hardly be a massive shock if we park the bus against Liverpool either.

As for the Carrick point, that seems totally in line with the caf's general opinion earlier in the season.
  18. Jan 11, 2017

davidmichael Full Member

He's basically trying to make himself relevant as no one actually gives a flying feck what Paul Parker has to say he's trying to be controversially critical in a more extreme way to how Paul Scholes actually IS or has been yet Scholes comments are seen as relevant because Scholes is Scholes whilst Parker was working for some Indian channel if memory serves me right ?
  19. Jan 11, 2017

DWelbz19 Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

I'm sure Coutinho and Henderson ballooning shots are probably quite a lot of theirs too.
  20. Jan 11, 2017

DWelbz19 Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

They were better than us. By some distance. In the past month and a half or so we've been just as good, probably better.

As has been stated earlier in the thread by stats, we're having as many shots as a team with so much more flair than us, and not that many chances behind. We have played very attractive football for the most part, our finishing has been/still is very weak and we rue so many chances. I'd be very, very surprised if we park the bus at home here. We'll definitely do it in away games against the bigger sides, but there's no way we'll sit back at home.
  21. Jan 11, 2017

vodrake Full Member

I can only dream of us playing with the flair Liverpool showed tonight
  22. Jan 11, 2017

Dir Wangem Full Member

Seriously though... I don't think I'd want any of the current Liverpool players in our team.

Who are Liverpool's 4 best players? Coutinho, Lallana, Mane and Firmino. The first 2 are attacking midfielders, which is a problem, because Pogba is better than them both. As long as we have Pogba, players like Coutinho and Lallana are gonna remain irrelevant. Mane has had a very good season, but I still think Micky and Mata are better players. Firmino is very good, and currently better than both Martial and Rashford. But these two are our future! Getting a player like Firmino in the team would stifle their growth. Milner is a better leftback than anyone we currently have, but he's 31 years old and he's not that great either. And it's not like he's gonna improve much. The same can't be said for sure about Shaw and Darmian. Henderson is the only Liverpool player I'd sort of want to play for us. I see some potential there, and Carrick isn't gonna last forever..

TDLR; Liverpool's current players aren't really "desireable" when seen through the eyes of a United supporter.
  23. Jan 11, 2017

Toad New Member

Well, the article seemed to work. 103 posts on the subject, they'll have made millions by kick off. Alas, 4 of these posts are mine :rolleyes:
  24. Jan 12, 2017

Sereques Full Member

Interesting result today after Mr.Parker said Sturidge can make something out of nothing.
  25. Jan 12, 2017

LilWayneHQ New Member

Lmao
  26. Jan 13, 2017

Grunge Full Member

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
    phew ... did you even take a breath in that sentence? ;)
  27. Jan 13, 2017

Dante Shares his caf joinday with Badunk

Supports:
    United!
  28. Jan 14, 2017

Jaybomb Full Member

He's talking rubbish. I wouldn't have any of those Liverpool players at United... maybe Clyne at a stretch cause we need a new RB. But even Valencia has been better than him this season. Lets look at their team...

Mignolet/Karius? Nope. We have the best keeper in the league.
    Matip/Lovren/Klaven? Don't make me laugh. Rojo and Jones have outperformed them this season. And we have Bailly/Smalling who are also better.
    Milner/Moreno? This is a tough one cause Milner has been good this season but I still wouldn't have him at United over Blind/Shaw.
    Henderson? LOL. Cause we would want him over Pogba...
    Wijnaldum? Already have Herrera, a better player.
    Coutinho? No thanks. I'd take Juan Mata over him any day. And that goes for Lallana too.
    Firmino? Already have Martial.
    Mane? We signed a better player in Mkhitaryan.
    Sturridge/Origi? We have the best striker in the league in Zlatan.

I'm not even being biased. These Liverpool players haven't won a thing, so why would we want them in our club?
  29. Jan 14, 2017

Oneunited26 Full Member

Maybe parker needs to realize Jose wants united playing smarter, tactically always on top and dominating teams, not this BS you score 2, we score 3. Like one said above, they have won nothing yet, no different to us, and imagine if we kept our nerve in the goals we give away, we be 10 points better off in the title race.
  30. Jan 14, 2017

Sandikan aka sex on the beach

I think you are being a little biased mate :lol:

There's a difference I think in quality v performance.

On quality, I'd probably only take Coutinho into our lineup, if him.
    On performance, clearly it'd be a few more, as they've stormed the league from the off, and we've only started doing that recently.
  31. Feb 21, 2017

buckooo1978 Full Member

32. Feb 21, 2017

Zoo Full Member

Arse.
  33. Feb 21, 2017

Red-Man-Walking Fully Erect

Why has someone with as many appearances for us as fecking Anderson become the default rent-a-quote?
  34. Feb 21, 2017

Adisa Full Member

Wife probably left him broke.
  35. Feb 22, 2017

RedMaestro Full Member

Former Manchester United defender Paul Parker criticises treatment of Luke Shaw
  36. Feb 22, 2017

11101 Full Member

:lol: sounds like Paul needs to get a new Ferrari
  37. Feb 22, 2017

JohnnyKills Full Member

Supports:
    United
    He's got one leg shorter than the other I believe.
  38. Feb 22, 2017

Devil may care Full Member

Probably because whatever he says is usually negative about United.
  39. Feb 22, 2017

OnlyTwoDaSilvas Gullible

But then he says almost the exact opposite about Martial, and how he is not grasping the few opportunities that he gets (even though he is scoring or assisting most of the time). It's like Paul Parker is arguing with himself.
  40. Feb 22, 2017

GBBQ Full Member

Too many pundits are making a living out of saying something contentious for the sake of it. I think specifically for the likes of United or Liverpool if an ex player is any way critical its guaranteed headlines.