Where is my thread?

Discussion in 'Admin/Mod Help Forum' started by TheReligion, Feb 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 12, 2012

TheReligion Abusive

Well?

A who has deleted it without so much as an explanation?,

Piss poor
  2. Feb 12, 2012

Utd heap Full Member

Hardly a suprise.
  3. Feb 12, 2012

TheReligion Abusive

This place is becoming a joke of late.
  4. Feb 12, 2012

Sparky_Hughes Donkey Buggering Tyrant who cheats at Monopoly

Chilling in Fellainis hair waiting for the debut
    It was making a perfectly valid point that liverpool have form for not accepting blame.
  5. Feb 12, 2012

Utd heap Full Member

Without getting myself in trouble - it's always been like that on here!

They play it ultra safe.
  6. Feb 12, 2012

TheReligion Abusive

It was making a point about Liverpool FC, and those associated, failing to accept responsibilities as they have done throughout this whole affair.

What is the point in a forum where you can't give an opinion?
  7. Feb 12, 2012

Sparky_Hughes Donkey Buggering Tyrant who cheats at Monopoly

Chilling in Fellainis hair waiting for the debut
    Well, im for bed, maybe it might be back in the morning....
  8. Feb 12, 2012

TheReligion Abusive

I wouldn't mind but there were plenty of people, including mods, happy involved in the thread making no issue.

Some people want to live in the real world for a minute instead of a land of make believe where everyone lives happily ever after and so on..
  9. Feb 12, 2012

moses control

I just read that thread, and the subject matter is being discussed in lots of other threads. I think the way it was named; like a tabloid sub editor would, sensationalising the most sensitive part of the overall point is why it bothered some. It seems it was deleted to be on the side if caution, and as I said the subject is being discussed, and that thread might have lasted if it wasn't so stupidly named. And quite obviously some mods and posters felt the same, as they said in the thread.
  10. Feb 12, 2012

Randall Flagg Worst of the best

Correct decision in my opinion. Your title and comparison was in bad taste
  11. Feb 12, 2012

TheReligion Abusive

Why delete it and not merge it instead then?

Certain mods on the Caf need to grow a pair of bollocks in mine and many others opinion. So far out of touch with the match going fan. There was no side of caution to be on. It was a simple comparison that the majority were clear on and happy to discuss.

Get a grip FFS
  12. Feb 12, 2012

Carl has permanently erect nipples

Not having much luck with threads of late are you TR? :lol:
  13. Feb 12, 2012

WeasteDevil Full Member

You're not a happy bunny are you Mr Religion?
  14. Feb 12, 2012

marcosdeto Moderator

for what is worth, i agree with you on what you said there

if history teaches something, then we shouldnt be surprised by the way liverpool managed the suarez being a racist cnut incident
  15. Feb 12, 2012

Sultan السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

The gist of the thread was fine if done in isolation without the Heysel reference, which, I would think was the reason for it's deletion. Liverpool, and a lot of their fans have messed up the Evra/Suarez affair big time. We can stay classy, and still debate Liverpool fans victim mentality without binging up moral equivalence of past tragedies.

Just my thoughts.
  16. Feb 12, 2012

TheReligion Abusive

Not really no. Modding here is like the FA. Full of inconsistencies!

Exactly, but for some reason there is a fear factor regarding talking about sensitive issues even if they do bear relevance to the topic at hand.

I understand your point of view, but to delete the thread is silly in mine, and many others opinion. Would have been more appreciated if the mod who decided to do that could have been bothered to PM about it if it was deemed so offensive it needed removing.

It was not even offensive though, lets be honest.
  17. Feb 12, 2012

Successful Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)

Dropp it TR :nervous:
  18. Feb 12, 2012

golden_blunder Admin

I deleted it.

I shouldn't even have to explain why at this stage, I think we've made our rulings fairly clear on it over the last 5 years, its not like its a new rule
  19. Feb 12, 2012

antohan gets aroused by tagline boobs

The upside is you did voice it, a lot of people caught on to the topic and it has moved onto other threads. Yours was turning into a discussion over the title, taste, etc. which wasn't particularly constructive.

Point made nevertheless.
  20. Feb 12, 2012

TheReligion Abusive

It was well within the rules and was nothing more than commenting on the blame mentality that we all know and talk about on here.
  21. Feb 12, 2012

Scrumpet There are no words

A copper with authority issues, well I never. :p
  22. Feb 12, 2012

golden_blunder Admin

http://www.redcafe.net/f14/heysel-references-bannings-109213/

read the rules

Your thread was starting to go way off track as is the usual way when these things are opened up.

Everyone knows what went on in the past, LFC will always have that shame. We have no need to drag it up into current arguments. People died, its not something that should be used in "banter".

You are here long enough on the forum to know how it works here. If you think its that disagreeable here, you are free to post elsewhere. Likewise with UtdHeap
  23. Feb 12, 2012

Brophs The one and only

Genuine question: if this place is so far from what you want in a forum why waste your time here? Surely there are other sites better suited to you?
  24. Feb 12, 2012

TheReligion Abusive

I don't see how it was being used in "banter". It was a valid point as stated by many others, including mods, who saw no issue with it. Hence the FA comparison.

I know where I can and can't post thanks and I certainly don't waste my time on forums as my post count shows in the time I have been here.

Just feel, like many others, that lately the Caf is becoming a bit soft. If anyone dare have an opinion that touches on anything sensitive then they are shot down and in some cases banned. The same goes for how over the top this place can be a la the allegations about Ravel Morrison recently.

It is a shame really as there are some really good knowledgeable people on here but it seems you can't say anything anymore and it will certainly cause these people to go elsewhere. I mean I had an infraction not long ago for telling someone to "feck off" in an argument.

What is that about really.
  25. Feb 12, 2012

Brophs The one and only

That's just being deliberately obtuse so I won't bother.

You're entitled to your opinion. But the allegations about Ravel Morrison being repeated here could potentially have had legal ramifications for the Caf so we asked people to hold fire until they were confirmed or denied. If not wanting people to spread idle, possibly unfounded gossip is your idea of the Caf going soft then so be it.

I don't know what the infraction was relating to so I don't know. You're better off taking it up with whoever gave it to you, if you haven't already.

As said before, if people don't feel the Caf represents them as supporters then they're probably better off posting somewhere that does. It's only the internet, after all.
  26. Feb 12, 2012

golden_blunder Admin

considering your profession TH, I would have thought you at the very least would understand why we take certain things down. Your remark about Morrison astounds me. You know full well the way social media is going, anyone can and will be potentially sued for things posted online. It is our responsibility to ensure that kind of nonsense gets nipped in the butt early days. If posters cannot accept that we are trying to stay within the realms of keeping Redcafe out of legal shit, then i suggest those posters find a private forum, where the doors are locked to outsiders, to post on. This is a privately run forum, but its also public and we have to move with the times.
  27. Feb 12, 2012

TheReligion Abusive

The thing is you can't be sued for having an opinion. It is far too overboard at times on the Caf lately, it really is.

I appreciate you like to be cautious but some things really are being taken to the extreme.

We take the piss out of RAWK and the way they handle people who dare to disagree with the majority, and I am grateful we are nowhere along that road, but we are starting to teeter on the edge of censoring opinions which in my own is rather dangerous.
  28. Feb 12, 2012

Sultan السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

I can guarantee one of the younger posters would have gone overboard and got banned if the thread had not been closed. Always the case during Munich, Hillsborough, and Heysel discussions.

Without going into the control panel, I can guarantee there will not have been more than a couple of dozen threads closed in 12 months, and less than a dozen main forum posters banned over the last year. Hardly bad going, seeing we have thousands of posters. If anything things have improved dramatically over the last few years.
  29. Feb 12, 2012

RK Full Member

"Nipped in the butt"

:nervous:

:lol:
  30. Feb 12, 2012

Randall Flagg Worst of the best

Alright folks, show's over, nut'in ta see here, move it along now

TR may well cop on now, and he will respect your authoritah
  31. Feb 12, 2012

TheReligion Abusive

You are a bit of a bell end at times