Why did we buy Fred?

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Josep Dowling, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Jul 11, 2019

jesperjaap Full Member

Lets face it, he actually looked scared and out of his depth half the time last season, he really cant be that bad again this season. I think he is a much better player than he has showed....but I also think the much better player is still not a good enough one for us to make great strides forward
  2. Jul 11, 2019

ClaytonBlackmoorLeftPeg Full Member

How long does it take to marry your sister?

Mind you Kleberson married a 14 year old.
  3. Jul 11, 2019

Lee565 Full Member

Was Mourinho just targeting him and Sanchez as they were both high on the list of targets for man city and he just wanted to disrupt their transfer priorities in a bid to gain ground in them?
  4. Jul 11, 2019

jesperjaap Full Member

ALthough I liked Rafael, he seems to be very fondly remembered during his time here as a player and I cant work out why. He had the one season, was it Fergusons las or MOyes first, where he really improved and was pretty good, apart from that he was naive and over assertive defensively.

I do like Valencia, actually think bar the last season he was pretty good as a right back for us and ok on the wing. Decent player, loyal servant, should be well remembered and recieved in my opinion too.

As for the rest, doing the dirty or not, I think both Heinze and Tevez were both superb in the short time they were with us and playing devils advocate would you expect an English player to be loyal if they moved to Santos for example? Veron started off well, he was a luxury player we didnt need but I liked him even though he flopped in the end. I also liked ANderson, though he never progressed from a good start, he was part of one of our great sides after all and he did love the club.
    I think DiMaria looked good for us too at first when played in midfield, the he got injured, got the burglary, came back played out wide which was an utter waste and quite obviously never settled with the culture so fair enough to name him.

Sanchez and Forlan certainly can be labelled in your argument, two very very good players that have been awful for us.

I would say SOuth American wise certainly with Brazilians, its not so much a case of them floping, more we havent actually signed a good one yet. Could almost say that for the whole league, mainl the better ones signed have been unBrazilian workman like players, such as the Arsenal midfielders. I liked Juninho and I do rate Jesus too, but there hasnt been a bona fide world class flamboyant Brazilian in our league to my memory anyway.....just RObinho the show pony
  5. Jul 11, 2019

izec Full Member

If he doesnt cut it this season, sell him for a loss and move on, instead of keeping him here for another 6 years as a squad option and nobody willing to offer us 10m at the end of it.
  6. Jul 11, 2019

redshaw Full Member

Javier Hernandez was good.

I think it's more poorly researched players mixed in with some good ones like Valencia, Javier, Rafael, Romero and Tevez did well as did Heinze

Falcao was injured and failed at Chelsea, took a while to get himself back. Di Maria wanted to move to PSG. Fred's game is high up the pitch.
  7. Jul 11, 2019

Litch Full Member

I think hes a player but not sure if he can adapt to the prem as his best games were in Europe......
  8. Jul 11, 2019

Nou_Camp99 Full Member

Mexico isn't in South America pal.
  9. Jul 11, 2019

Mr Pigeon baldy fatty bum bum

Staging a 'coo' against my enemies in Fife
    Wait, what?!

Followed closely by

Wait, what?!?!
  10. Jul 11, 2019

Gopher Brown Full Member

Actually, he had to wait until she was 15 to marry her and bring her over.

Shocking either way. Glad he didn’t work out.
  11. Jul 11, 2019

redshaw Full Member

Yes technically that's correct just like EL Salvador and Honduras isn't.
  12. Jul 12, 2019

Ainu Full Member

Why would he be marrying his sister? :confused:

As for the second part, I don't even know what to say.
  13. Jul 12, 2019

sunama Baghdad Bob

This would be logical. But Woodward is not logical. He has a track record of putting deadwood onto long term contracts.
    Darmian is currently wasting away and has been for several years, yet, we refuse to let him go.
    Fred was tried out last season, but clearly he has not cut the mustard and is now missing in pre-season training, at a time when he should be working on his fitness to bridge the gap between his actual performance the the required performance level. I know that he is getting married, but why on Earth did he choose this date, for his wedding? It makes no sense.

EDIT: it may be the case that he is merely attending a wedding. If this is true, this just makes the whole situation even worse.
  14. Jul 12, 2019

simplyared Full Member

Said it before: rubbish signing. A player who brings absolutely nothing to the table. All he does is get dispossessed in dangerous areas and puts pressure on our own defence. A manager's nightmare!
  15. Jul 12, 2019

Andy_Cole Full Member

Not Mourinho - Woodward.
  16. Jul 12, 2019

Halftrack Full Member

16, actually, but yeah. He cheated on her with a 15-year old, who apparently worked as a night club dancer.
  17. Jul 12, 2019

DoomSlayer Full Member

It's been almost a full week and Fred still isn't on tour. He and Darmian must be getting sold.
  18. Jul 12, 2019

BluesJr Full Member

Best player in the league this year.
  19. Jul 12, 2019

redshaw Full Member

I'd be surprised anyone would buy him. United don't look in the mood to write off part part of his transfer fee. Maybe a loan but we're short of midfielders and we're struggling to buy.

Perhaps it's just family reasons.
  20. Jul 12, 2019

Zlatattack Full Member

I'm even less sure now than i was before.
  21. Jul 12, 2019

DoomSlayer Full Member

We are in the most important part of pre-season. Ole will be deciding on future tactics, formations and selections. Right now, Fred won't even be part of the subs bench in his mind. I bet even the likes of Garner will get more playing time.
  22. Jul 12, 2019

Bestietom Full Member

Fred will be joining up next week. I think he will come good this year.
  23. Jul 12, 2019

DoomSlayer Full Member

How do you know any of that?
  24. Jul 12, 2019

Lee565 Full Member

If we really are in for Fernandes i wonder if the club would try to do straight swap deal for him with fred?
  25. Jul 12, 2019

bond19821982 Full Member

Swapping a b2b with an AM ?
  26. Jul 12, 2019

Lee565 Full Member

Depends if we really are after Fernandes and whether sporting would be content with such a swap deal and leaves us the Fernandes money to also buy a b2b midfielder
  27. Jul 12, 2019

bond19821982 Full Member

Fred is on 100k + wages and signed last year for 50m +

Why would both teams do a swap?
  28. Jul 12, 2019

Litch Full Member

Like him and in fairness played his best football in some big games in Europe. Transition to the prem is hard enough when your joining a team in transition too....
  29. Jul 12, 2019

roseguy64 Full Member

Only if Fred gets a long term injury.
  30. Jul 12, 2019

DoomSlayer Full Member

Don't think so. In my opinion, Ole won't have Fred in his plans after missing a whole week of the tour already.

He made sure every player was preparing themselves during the holidays so the squad can come in and go straight into working for the upcoming season. This is the time to impress the manager - Garner is a very talented lad anyway, so he might be a better option in the future instead of Fred.
  31. Jul 12, 2019

Stacks Full Member

You guys are so late. We obviously bought Fred so we can finally get Ronaldinho......
  32. Jul 13, 2019 at 00:19

UNITED ACADEMY Full Member

We signed him because we thought he’s a type of deep playmaker who can bring the ball from the back to forward. But it turns up that he’s very clumsy when under pressure and giving the ball away. He has good vision & instinct to play forward passes but he doesn’t have the composure.

Time will tell this season whether he can meet the expectation why we signed him.
  33. Jul 13, 2019 at 00:31

Hammondo New Member

Pogba plays the Mata role though.