Why don’t Madrid or Barca ever try & sign City players?

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Paolo Di Canio, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Jun 11, 2019 at 15:06

SotonRed New Member

Established how?
  2. Jun 11, 2019 at 15:59

TsuWave Full Member

I don't know why reading comprehension on this forum is so poor right now, maybe its directly correlated to our form on the pitch or something. I didn't say I find theories of "back-dealing by City" funny (nor unfounded btw), I said I find using Ronaldo's transfer from a decade ago as justification/explanation for these theories funny. Especially when they are being used as counter argument to the multitude of reasons as to why players would want to stay at City.
  3. Jun 11, 2019 at 16:23

DevilAgeIdiot New Member

You said;
    "Using his (Ronaldo's) transfer then to justify these “back-dealing by City” theories is funny to me, but please proceed."
    I will admit to reading comprehension fail no problem but What then exactly do you mean when you write "justifying these "back-dealing by City" theories is funny.."
    As that looks like you are saying there is no City back-dealing, seen as you put it in inverted commas (usually indicating irony), and you follow this with 'theories', which is usually understood as either conspiracies or other fabrications.
    Anyway good to hear you are not brainwashed by the UAE PR exercise.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019 at 07:57
  4. Jun 12, 2019 at 04:47

BolehLand New Member

Supports:
    Valencia
    One day, one man city star player told the board ''My dream is to play at Real madrid, I want to go there!''
    Board replied ''we will pay you double what Real Madrid pay you!''
    Player kiss the badge and said '' I love the club, I will never leave!''
  5. Jun 12, 2019 at 20:08

Abe144 New Member

Supports:
    CD Guadalajara
    Barça tried buying Agüero. City said no and they went and got Suarez. Silva said he'd never play for a Spanish club not named Valencia. So they have gone after Man City players
  6. Jun 14, 2019 at 11:51

Gentleman Jim It's absolutely amazing!

Supports:
    city
    He has often stated that he’d like to end his career at his hometown club (Las Palmas).