Why the meltdowns and drama everytime we don't win?

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Peanut Butter, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Feb 1, 2018

Peanut Butter Banned

Now, before I start. Last night was grim. Have a moan by all means, I wasn't impressed.

Tactics were wrong, system was wrong and the players couldn't be arsed.

Oh, and Phil Jones.

But some of us here take the moaning and dramas to a different level. It's pathetic.

We're second in the league behind a phenomenal Man City side. We had a fantastic January until last night.

In football, you lose matches and sometimes play badly. I personally feel we're about 'par' for where are right now. We've got some superb forward/attacking players, two immense midfielders and a world class GK.

We're still missing Bailly. Jones and Smalling will cause most managers anguish when a pumped up Spurs side are pressing you.

I'm not excusing last night - it was dross. But we've had matches like it under Fergie and we'll have matches like it again.

The way some on here behave though as if the end of the world is nigh. We lost a match. Move on.
  2. Feb 1, 2018

roonster09 Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Simple, we have lot of drama queens here. Some of posts makes you think they post it for attention seeking.
  3. Feb 1, 2018

kouroux 45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Welcome to football forums, it's like that everywhere and has been for ages. No point in complaining about it, if you don't like it just avoid it. It really is simple
  4. Feb 1, 2018

Werd. New Member

Love reading a melt or two.
  5. Feb 1, 2018

NK86 Full Member

People vent their frustrations. Dont get the point of such threads where the OP acts as if he/she is one of the more balanced individuals around. If it bothers you so much, ignore reading them.
  6. Feb 1, 2018

KirkDuyt Full Member

Supports:
    Feyenoord
    Frustration born out of love for United. Football is emotion. People who act like a loss is irrelevant and just a part of a larger process are much wierder imho.

And some are just closet City fans on the wum.
  7. Feb 1, 2018

Ali Dia Full Member

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
    What if next season is the same?
  8. Feb 1, 2018

Drainy Full Member

When we win, we're great and everyone is the best, when we lose its the opposite.

It's the same at every club. It's how football is.
  9. Feb 1, 2018

Mciahel Goodman Worst Werewolf Player of All Times Staff

I've been in contact with Elon Musk. Need more money though.
  10. Feb 1, 2018

horsechoker Sailor vee, this is a right off.

We'll never win the league with Peanut Butter posting
  11. Feb 1, 2018

Raees Boing Boing Baggies

Pretty sure I've seen same OP about 50 million times and we still look like a bag of shit in big games. Reason why people moan is because we're a big club who want to be successful and as a fan base enjoy seeing our side beat other big teams. It's not against the law to want that?

Being second means feck all at this stage of the season if the performances suggest we're going to get knocked out of CL soon and drop out of the top two. Not saying that will happen but obviously if we constantly shit the bed in big games that could happen so people naturally and rightfully get concerned. It's out of love for the club not just because they enjoy being dickheads.
  12. Feb 1, 2018

eat_grass Full Member

They're genuinely emotionally unstable, OP. :)

Then there are some that just hide under the table when things are going well, waiting for United to lose so they can hammer away at all of the players and manager they don't like.

Half these post-match posts you see wouldn't even exist if fans/supporters would just take a deep breath, re-watch the game, then post. But no! Only watch once and I know/understand everything that happened and I need to post now!! :mad:
  13. Feb 1, 2018

12OunceEpilogue Full Member

I think it's the groundhog day nature of last night that's biting. We again looked unable to compete in a big away game and players who we know have quality were negated either through our own tactics (bad) a poor attitude (very bad) or a combination of the two (fecking really bad).

Also Spurs are the caf's personal nemesis. I imagine more than a few posters will have words like 'stadium complex' 'net spend' and 'NFL' in neon lights chasing them in their nightmares for some time.
  14. Feb 1, 2018

YouOnlyLiveTwice Full Member

Murmurs how we are shite throughout the game -> Knee-jerk kamikaze meltdown -> Threads saying “why do people moan”.

Yes, the circle is complete.

We are still 2nd, we still have problems against the top 6, Pogba should still play in a midfield 3, José needs to coach the attack better.
  15. Feb 1, 2018

arnie_ni Full Member

8 away games against top 6 sides since jose took charges. 1 goal no wins
  16. Feb 1, 2018

horsechoker Sailor vee, this is a right off.

We scored 3 against Arsenal
  17. Feb 1, 2018

OnlyTwoDaSilvas Gullible

We'll never win the league with (insert one of our best players) in the team. Get rid.

Moaning about Smalling isn't enough anymore. Controversial rant about the least of our worries is the new "Smalling can't pass. He's Championship quality".

At least the meltdown this week is fresh new material.
  18. Feb 1, 2018

Drainy Full Member

It's the same at any club when the team gets battered. Huddersfield fans are in meltdown at the Liverpool game.
  19. Feb 1, 2018

arnie_ni Full Member

Must have been given false information. Where aresenal in the top 6 when that match was played?
  20. Feb 1, 2018

TRD New Member

I think media is creating more drama than fans. Check the back pages of the newspapers. The big story on almost all the papers is us losing to Tottenham while Chelsea's 3-0 home defeat to Bournemouth is not a big story.
  21. Feb 1, 2018

minoo-utd Full Member

So what? People moan and complain because we were shit, because against the top six we haven't played good football, because some are worry that it's going to be the same next season, because .... so many reasons. If you don't like it just don't read or participate.
  22. Feb 1, 2018

ajf75 Banned

Social media generation. No grey areas allowed in any response to any event - things must be either Amazingly Fantastic or Disastrously Depressing. Trouble is our players are of the same generation . We are a team still on the way back. This league season is great compared to last one. Jose bowed to the pressure to attack last night. A mistake in my opinion - right now, we need to be solid against top teams away from home, cos with Sanchez we now have more than enough attacking threat to make the chances we need to win. SAF did no differently, except that there was not the same strength in depth in those days.

Also, Lukaku I’m afraid is not good enough for the big games. Doesn’t offer enough.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2018
  23. Feb 1, 2018

Member 90678 Guest

The term "bed wetters" springs to mind when reading the responses of some people on the match day thread when we lose.
  24. Feb 1, 2018

DomesticTadpole Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

We should win on Saturday, but I worry about United in emotionally charged games like this. If it were just us playing Huddersfield I would not be worried, but I do worry about the mentality of some of our players. This is the sort of game they should go out and put on a performance. Last night they let that early goal get to them. There was not one leader on that pitch at all.
  25. Feb 1, 2018

Lord SInister Full Member

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
    Well we have been quite underwhelming(that is a discreet word here).
    We are no longer in the league race, winning CL is as much possible as Trump not blabbering shite, and nobody cares about FA Cup.
    A bright start made most of us believe, at last we are going back to the glory days, but an unfortunate slump has made it bitter, and caf has always been cynical and negative. Even during Fergie years, despite winning leagues and consistently putting on strong showing, we always moaned about the shite midfield, uninspiring forwards(between Cristiano and Van Persie) and aging defense.
  26. Feb 1, 2018

Judas Open to offers

The drama levels on here are even worse than under LVG, even though we're comfortably better than then, and it's because there's a large part of this forum who hate Jose and get very excited when they get a chance to stick the boot in.
  27. Feb 1, 2018

Schmiznurf Full Member

There are more than a few people who clearly weren't hugged enough as children, or fecked enough as adults.
  28. Feb 1, 2018

I don't disagree, but I think there's a relationship between our tactics and our mentality in those big aways. Pogba in a two, Lukaku a fecking mile away from play too often, wide players isolated with little to no link-up: when it's clear to every man and his dog something isn't right with our tactical approach you can bet the players pick up on it too and lose moral.

Our lads come up against a Spurs team who do the basics well, look composed on the ball and always have a meaningful passing option on and it must suck when we're getting pressurised into mistakes over and over.
  29. Feb 1, 2018

DavelinaJolie Full Member

Venting frustrationss and falling so far behind city I imagine.
  30. Feb 1, 2018

Godfather Full Member

It's just that we have spent over 500 million pounds on players since Fergie left and look as disjointed as ever against big teams. It's not only the loss. It's the way we perform. We get outclassed. We look way off any title challenge in these games and if we perform like that in the CL we will get knocked out by the first half decent team as well.

You look at the tactics and system yesterday and many of us already saw some big issues when the team was announced. Why go with a 4-2-3-1 when Pogba has been hit and miss in that position, especially against good teams. We knew that. Still opted for that system just because Lingard had a good spell of one and a half months? Our midfield got flooded, we couldn't even pass out of our defense as there were absolutely no options.

And as some posters were saying, we seem to rely on individual brilliance way too much. Against lesser teams that's often enough but against better ones it isn't. We lack a gameplan and generally don't seem to train any drills when in possession. It's frustrating watching a team like ours so disjointed.

And why are we incapable of coming back from bad situations? I think there was nobody even expecting us to bounce back yesterday after we went 2-0 down. No fight, no winning mentality in that team.
  31. Feb 1, 2018

Godfather Full Member

Generally yes. Against the top teams we really aren't.
  32. Feb 1, 2018

sincher "I will cry if Rooney leaves"

Expectations were a bit high after a decent run and signing Sanchez. Both fans and players seemed to approach the game with complacency. Spurs away is one of the toughest fixtures of the season.
  33. Feb 1, 2018

Trizy Full Member

A loss is always annoying but when you go out a get hammered for 90mins with a team full of big names like ours it's infuriating. The individual performances, the tactics, the desire.. it was shocking.

What way should fans react? We're not a mid table club ffs.
  34. Feb 1, 2018

RuudTom83 Full Member

The older I get the more I can accept a few bad results, at the end of the season we will be able to count the bad performances on one hand.

United will never win every game, but win lose or draw i’ll be following the team until I die, so a few defeats now and then is no big deal.:devil:
  35. Feb 1, 2018

Ali Dia Full Member

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
    I really like Jose as a manager and can see the progress being made through our trophies last season and the league position this year. That being said I still don’t think we play good enough football, have a complete enough team or a good enough medium/long term plan for us to get back to where we were over the next season or two. I also think Sanchez may have already peaked as he’s shown very little this season but thats up to our very highly paid manager and scouts to guarantee... I think if we had spurs type scouting and faith in youth sprinkled with our big dick marquee signings we’d genuinely be one of the best teams around. We are failing in that way. It’s a team of individuals and we come asunder every time we are put under any pressure. There’s no fight or plan. That’s unforgivable with the money we are spending. Name one team getting worse value for money than us at the minute? The truth is we should be a lot closer to city if we’d planned properly.
  36. Feb 1, 2018

Leftback99 Full Member

Unrealistic expectations and belief about how good this team is. Over 70% predicted a win last night on the match thread, bookies gave us around a 30% chance.
  37. Feb 1, 2018

Definitely this. There was a time when I'd be genuinely low for a full week after a defeat. Thank Christ we were good back then and rarely had back-to-back defeats.

Now I post some sweary stuff on the caf, blow off some steam with my brother about how shite we were and not bother with MOTD and I'm fine the day after.
  38. Feb 1, 2018

togg Full Member

To be fair I think considering yesterdays match you can understand some highly charged negative reaction. Apart from 15 minutes or so between the two goals, we were collectively pretty abysmal. You can talk about systems tactics all you like but for most of the match it looked as though the players had forgotten how to play the basics of football. Also...it really did look like a lot of them couldn't be arsed. That is not excusable.
  39. Feb 1, 2018

Turnip Full Member

Extreme highs or lows are always going to get more attention than average performances. We've been average a lot lately and had as many lows as highs. Last night was one of the worst performances I can remember seeing from any United team and it was our best 11 baring 1 or 2 players. It was against a good Spurs team to be fair, and we did kind if stop them scoring an actual goal, but overall I don't know how we didn't concede 4 or 5, probably down to sloppy finishing from them.
  40. Feb 1, 2018

J_Red 11 Banned

It's like Arsenal Fan TV, when they don't win they rant. :lol:

Honestly it's almost normal to almost other clubs.