Willian says Mourinho has sent him 'come here' messages... but

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Ranchero, Aug 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 7, 2018

Ranchero Full Member

So Mourinho keeps asking Willian to come to United. He wants to play for Mourinho.

But the issues may be about money; he is a player who is 30 on transfer deadline day, and who would command an OTT transfer fee. Plus, the fact that the source of Willian's disgruntlement at Chelsea was Antonio Conte - and he is gone.

Willian is loved by Mourinho because he is a forward that will also do his work tracking back. At a time when we have only one potential first team player through the door, I'm maybe too anxious to see us bring in someone of quality.

Anyway what does JoMo say of Willian? "He is top. He is the top of tops."

And what about Willian now? "He is the best manager I have ever worked with. We have a good relationship. We are friends.

"Sometimes we talk, we text, we send messages to each other on WhatsApp.

[​IMG]

"He is a great manager. I really enjoyed working with him."

He smiles and nods as he adds: "I hope I can work with him again someday."

Has he had an offer from United? "I don't know if there was an official bid [from United] but some things have happened.

"But Mourinho talks to my agent all the time. He says, 'bring him, bring him'.

"No he has never called me about it, but he always sends me messages."

[​IMG]

BUT...

"I am very happy at Chelsea, I want to stay at the club. I also like living in London, it is an amazing city and my family have adapted well.

"So, yeah, I intend to stay at Chelsea."

Hmm. Maybe that's him getting back 'on message'?
    Well perhaps the rest might show there is meat on his 'i'm staying' comment.

On the new manager Sarri, he laughs as he says: "I hope he is not like Conte! No, I'm kidding.

"Conte was a very difficult manager to work with. His philosophy, his way of dealing with things is very complicated.

"There were a few games... sometimes we just did not understand. There were to times I got substituted and went straight to the dressing room.

[​IMG]

"It was hard to work with him. But in life, we learn from these kinds of things. We learn so much from difficulties.

"There were two years when I stayed on the bench in so many games, coming in later in the game. But this is I the past.

"The important thing now is to talk about Sarri. From what I've heard, I'm sure he is a great manager, who does a great job with the team.

"I have high expectations ahead of working with him."

On Conte, again... it's clear he doesn't like him. "I don't know, sometimes the manager doesn't like you. I don't know if any of you have been in that situation before.

"You just feel that the manager doesn't like you but he has to use you sometimes. You didn't do anything bad, but he doesn't like you."

[​IMG]

He refers to Diego Costa being fired by Conte by text. "I was in Australia with Brazil, and Diego texted me, he said, 'I'm leaving. Conte said he doesn't need me any more'.

"I said, 'what do you mean' and he said, 'he texted me saying he doesn't need me on the team any more and i'm not supposed to go back'.

"But you don't lose a player like Diego Costa. It was a difficult situation."
  2. Aug 7, 2018

Ace of Spades Full Member

No thanks.
  3. Aug 7, 2018

ClaytonBlackmoorLeftPeg Full Member

I wish we could have more interviews like this to really see the insight of players and their relationships. Unfortunately in this day and age, footballers are so bland, because every word they say gets over-analysed, dissected and criticised by the keyboard warriors.
  4. Aug 7, 2018

Enigma_87 You know who

Is JoMo still a thing?
  5. Aug 7, 2018

VeevaVee despite the protests, wears Ugg boots Scout

Can we get this banned? @Damien?
    Can literally write Jose even easier, without being incredibly annoying.
  6. Aug 7, 2018

EasyE New Member

JoMo.
  7. Aug 7, 2018

Damien Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin) Staff

It was banned for two years. Got to the point where people were signing up with JoMo related usernames like @King JoMo Stand

I think Ranchero is the only one who uses it these days. If the usage goes up again then it'll be filtered again.
  8. Aug 7, 2018

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

I cant imagine any United players talking as fondly about JoMo as ex and current Chelsea players do

lol
  9. Aug 7, 2018

VeevaVee despite the protests, wears Ugg boots Scout

I'll have you banned from the Other Sports forum. Don't tell me you won't feel it.

Seen it a few times recently. Possibly all Ranchero. I hate you Ranchero.
  10. Aug 7, 2018

Ekeke Full Member

Mourinho already has Sanchez as an older experienced forward that will come back and help win the ball back.

Seems more than desperate to be texting another team's player asking them to come sign for your club. Imagine if Real Madrid or Barcelona were sending twitter messages to De Gea asking him to come or something. We'd be livid
  11. Aug 7, 2018

blue blue Full Member

Supports:
    chelsea
    I saw an interview with Willian on Chelsea TV after sundays game and despite the loss and only just coming back from holiday two days before he seemed happy at Chelsea and said he wanted to stay if the club wanted him to stay.

Reading between the lines this leaves the door open for CFC to trade. I suspect if they still wanted Martial they would consider Willian to go the other way.(Plus some cash I here you screaming). Whatever. Don't think it will happen. I'm happy for Willian to stay but were I a Utd fan I would be a bit worried about the age of the squad/team. Not an expert on Martial but doesn't seem to have torn up the PL. If he still has potential Utd should look to the future and hang on.

I really don't think Chelsea will take cash only for Willian at this late stage and can't think of any other Utd players that could reasonably fit.
  12. Aug 7, 2018

Harry190 Full Member

Do the Brits here not like him because of his impeccable teeth? Just look at the picture. Magnificent.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  13. Aug 7, 2018

blue blue Full Member

Supports:
    chelsea
    Eh!
  14. Aug 7, 2018

Olril18 New Member

you always seem to be negative
  15. Aug 7, 2018

amolbhatia50k Sneaky bum time

Control yourself Jose.
  16. Aug 7, 2018

Summit "do the dead, spread your seed and get out"

Surely classed as tapping up. All it would take is for Chelsea to report us and we are banged to rights.
  17. Aug 7, 2018

blue blue Full Member

Supports:
    chelsea
    Good idea.

"do the dead?" Are you a necrophile?
  18. Aug 7, 2018

Summit "do the dead, spread your seed and get out"

It is @Damien's attempt at being funny because of a stupid spelling mistake years ago. It's a shame isn't it? Poor fella likes to try and wind people up but then hates it when people call him for being an ice eater. The guy once ate ice out of a cat litter tray because it was the last piece in the freezer.
  19. Aug 7, 2018

King Kana New Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Happens more often than you imagine lad. Part of the game.
  20. Aug 7, 2018

blue blue Full Member

Supports:
    chelsea
    No sh*t!
  21. Aug 7, 2018

redIndianDevil Full Member

The guy is not really sure is he? Mixed signals. Don't think we need him.
  22. Aug 7, 2018

blue blue Full Member

Supports:
    chelsea
    They are mixed messages but I suspect he would go if Utd gave him a pay increase. He has said he is happy to stay if the club want him which leads me to think he would go if they didn't. He's nearing the end of his career and one last big pay increase would probably be a bit of a bonus.
  23. Aug 7, 2018

KM I’m afraid I just blue myself Staff

There's already a Willian thread right on this page. Why do you need to make a new one?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.