Win hospitality tickets to Man Utd vs Sunderland

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Niall, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Oct 10, 2009

Rood nostradamus like gloater

Tumbling - did you win the single ticket? I thought it was Pablo?

BTW I got my £50 credit with betfair - nice one !
  2. Oct 10, 2009

Valentino Banned

you are rich man now. will you play on sunday?
  3. Oct 10, 2009

Tumbling-Dice Caf Nostradamus

Roy Keane has five kids, partly because of his Iri
    Yea, Pablo won the ticket but he was going to Spain on holiday so he PMed a few of the caf regulars to see who could go short notice. I umed and ahed for 5 minutes before getting permission from the powers that be, booked my flight and went for it.

Pablo .. complete legend.
  4. Oct 10, 2009

Do you have the details for this mate ?

Name of tourney and password ?
  5. Oct 10, 2009

Jacob Full Member

Good read mate, gutted I didn't win the Macheda signed shirt though! Getting photographed with the premier league trophy was ace though, I was thinking about Gerrard too hehe. Agree about the copius amounts of alcohol, during that night I had beer, wine, champagne, vodka, jaiger, cider and tequila... needless to say, the day after was uncomfortable.
  6. Oct 10, 2009

Aye, it was good to meet you Jacob. Your friend's English was very good and he knew his football. I got a couple of t-shirts signed by Denis Irwin, one for me and one for my son, so anything on top of that would have been a bonus.

If I find out about that photo with the trophy I'll let you know, I'm hoping the picture will be emailed to Niall but I still have James' phone number so I might give him a call this coming week.

I just stuck to the beer, champagne and drank a shedload of that gorgeous wine. I wish I'd paid more attention to the label, did anyone find out what it was ?
  7. Oct 10, 2009

kps88 Full Member

My betfair account has been suspended due to a lack of proof of age. I emailed them my passport last week and they even replied saying thank you its all sorted now.

This had to happen over the weekend.
  8. Oct 10, 2009

Rood nostradamus like gloater

No - I cant play this Sunday but I will look out for those United tourneys on Betfair if they are going to be a regular thing

Lucky you and nice one Pablo !
  9. Oct 10, 2009

Jacob Full Member

Good to meet you too, yeah Daniel is a good sport, not the shy guy like me, maybe it was the wine talking because we loved it too. He knows the label and I'll ask him later, will report back to you when I got it. The only thing I got signed was my platinum ticket, which I forgot on the table when we left, that sucks. I've had a quick chat with James via mail and he said it'll take about 10 days for United to send the pics to Betfair, we won't be getting them before the 20th I'd say.
  10. Oct 10, 2009

MikeUpNorth Wobbles like a massive pair of tits

Name: Man Utd Freeroll #284690
    Password: Champions
  11. Oct 10, 2009

Complete legend is Pablo, I owe him big time.

Thanks. I was thinking of you and Daniel when I watched the Arsenal game on TV. I trust you made it down for the game OK, hope you got some sleep on the train. Fair play, if you are going to spend all that money flying over might as well fit two games in.

Thanks Mike. Best of luck, I should be around Sunday evening, hope a few caf members get in on this one.
  12. Oct 10, 2009

Jacob Full Member

We made it in good time, the game was good, 8 goals as you saw. Dissapointed to say the atmosphere was better at the Emirates.

Anyway, the label of the wine is Wolf Blass 2006, Gold Label.
  13. Oct 10, 2009

B Cantona Desperate

Well in fairness you saw a shocking United performance, compared to an 8 goal game at Emirates

The atmosphere at OT can be crap at times - although you need only look back at the league game prior to see how good it can be too - but if there's one place that makes it look like a 24 hour festival, it's Arsenal
  14. Oct 10, 2009

15. Oct 11, 2009

Jacob Full Member

No idea which one mate, if I recall correctly the bottle looked more like Riesling. After all that alcohol I wouldn't trust my memory one bit, go with your guts, I'm sure both will taste good.

As for everybody else, I recommend this wine strongely, best I've had in my life.
  16. Oct 11, 2009

esmufc14 9 Pages of infractions

It's so frustrating with United. The last 20/30 minutes against City was incredible, the roars, the songs, the cheers, the whole stadium was in voice getting behind the team. It should be like that every match.

So frustrating.
  17. Oct 11, 2009

VP Full Member

Is anyone else from here playing tonight?
  18. Oct 11, 2009

Ivor Ballokov Full Member

I may do, I'm going to visit my grandad in hospital so it depends on whether I get back in time.

650 players registered though :eek:
  19. Oct 11, 2009

Jacob Full Member

play what?
  20. Oct 11, 2009

I was going to play later, but I'm going out now.
  21. Oct 11, 2009

So if you're going out now why can't you play later?
  22. Oct 11, 2009

As in I have now arranged to go out later.
  23. Oct 11, 2009

I know, it was a play on words :)
  24. Oct 11, 2009

Kraftwerker Formerly RedAddict

Damn, that new tourney has 750 players registered and is full.

If people don't show up at the start will they let other people in?
  25. Oct 11, 2009

EdWeatherall Better than niMic

That's not usually how it works is it, tends to be that your just get eliminated as you pay your blinds
  26. Oct 11, 2009

Valentino Banned

Kraftwerker the only way is if someone who can't make it unregistered from the tournament. Like MikeUpNorth if he had registered before.

Come on guys let's take those tickets and that signed thing to redcafe.net:keano:
  27. Oct 11, 2009

RedNome Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)

"I'm going home to play with my kids, I am no
    I'm registered.
  28. Oct 11, 2009

VP Full Member

I'm Samsara, what are your aliases?
  29. Oct 11, 2009

First break, currently 18th with about 16k in chips, 323 players left.

On a table of 9 players, 6 of them have not even bothered turning up and are disconnected, one of them is Tumbling Dice, not long left for him though, he'll be blinded away in the next couple of rounds.
  30. Oct 11, 2009

Kraftwerker Formerly RedAddict

It's pretty shite that people can register themselves, not turn up, and take away the opportunity from someone who wanted to take part.

Flawed system.
  31. Oct 11, 2009

I thought it kicked off at 8. Spent the afternoon changing my brake discs and pads and showered and ate in time for 8. Joined the tourny at dead on 8 to find I had about 100 chips. Ante and blinded out very quickly.

I had every intention of playing.
  32. Oct 11, 2009

Hehe, wasn't having a go TD, just found it amusing you ended up on my table out of 750 players.

Anyway, 46 left I'm currently 39th, only 12k in chips and blinds at $1200, push poker from now on.
  33. Oct 11, 2009

Best of luck Nomey, I'm gutted at missing it to be honest. Promised the young fella I'd try for two tickets as he missed out last weekend. Delighted at getting the brakes done though, probably saved the best part of £200 in garage bills doing my own discs and pads.
  34. Oct 11, 2009

Cheers man, up to 12th, 35 left.
  35. Oct 11, 2009

Bah, out in 25th.

I had QQ against AK, money in pre flop, of course he spikes his ace on the turn.

That was a waste of time, any other tourney and I'd of been in the money for that.
  36. Oct 11, 2009

Pablo76 Full Member

So you had a good day i trust TD?
  37. Oct 11, 2009

Ah great day Paul. One to remember and many thanks to you. Hope you had a good un in Spain. I'll just copy and paste what I wrote earlier in the thread.

It was a good day out, got to meet Jacob and his friend, Niall and his good lady and later on Brad, Ralphie, LondonRedManiac and Sparkle. All good good people. The hospitality was excellent, started the day with a Champagne reception. The food was decent and most importantly, considering all drink was free, the portions weren't too big, leaving more room for beer and wine, of which we partook copiously.

Got to meet Robbo, Denis Irwin and Arthur Albaston, the latter two I had good conversations with throughout the day about things from the academy and reserves to Wayne Rooney and Cantona. Robbo, I only got the chance to tell him what a legend he his. Myself and Niall had our photos taken with Denis and then a professional photographer came around and I had my pic taken holding the Premiership trophy (eat your heart out Steven Gerrard) with Denis on my left and Niall on my right.

Good vantage point for the game, North stand, 2nd tier on the halfway line, but it's a lot different from where I usually attend games, 2nd tier of the Stretty. The atmosphere was strange all day, outsung by a few thousand Sunderland fans early doors, mostly quiet all first half, there were quite a few times when the East Stand was making more noise than the Stretty and starting chants too. When we do decide to make some noise though it's fecking brilliant. Second half, after Berbatov's equaliser was brilliant and for the rest of the game the crowd picked up a few notches. I got a few funny looks from people when I joined in with chants coming from the Stretty but they were told to feck off basically, they weren't ruining my day. People in suits have no business being at a football match, the only blokes wearing suits should be the team managers. I had one Scottish bloke behind me slagged off the team for the whole 90 minutes, myself and Niall couldn't believe the booing at half time.

The crab and the guinea fowl was nice but not as nice as the Chicken Tikka kebab in Naan bread I had later that night on my way home. The free bar was great, ordering your halftime tipple and then them replicating your order at full time without asking was a nice touch. The wine was superb. Meeting old legends was great. It was a great experience and I'm glad I did it but give me a bag of chips and a barm cake, a packed Stretford End and my jeans and trainers anyday.