Workrate

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Pogue Mahone, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Apr 21, 2017

roonster09 Full Member

Still we have possession because teams just defend with 11 players at OT? Also our distance stat is less because we have Zlatan who doesn't cover much ground.

Also our off the ball movement is okaish outside the box, once we enter final third our players just freezes.
  2. Apr 21, 2017

abhayselvan Full Member

I think the low work rate is due to the system we play to suit Ibra's strengths. Since Zlatan can't press from the top, we start pressing teams only after they enter our half. Our defending is also more zonal so the players don't need to go chasing the ball all over the pitch.
  3. Apr 21, 2017

friend Full Member

I think it's clearly a ploy to save energy, and not just because of the system we play. If we take the lead, we really relax and I can only imagine with all the "fixture congestion leading to player exhaustion" talk from Mourinho (and of course other managers), he tells the players not to over exert themselves. Probably explains why we haven't had so many injuries this season apart from the unavoidable ones.
  4. Apr 21, 2017

RB7N Full Member

Makes sense.

Out of intrest, does anyone know how Chelsea did under Mou in that regard? They hardly ever had injuries either. Or how we fared under LvG?
  5. Apr 21, 2017

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    We ran loads under LvG. See previous page. Loads of injuries too.