Would you be happy with Lukaku, Matic, Lindelof and Perisic?

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by charlenefan, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Jul 17, 2017

Dr. StrangeHate New Member

Expectations (however unrealistic) vs Reality:
    Griezmann // Lukaku
    Fabinho // Matic or Dier (probably)
    any CB // Lindelof
    Bernanrdo Silva // Perisic

This is really grim stuff, just like my life expectations vs reality.
  2. Jul 17, 2017

davidmichael Full Member

Unfortunately it looks nailed on that we'll be signing Perisic but that doesn't mean he necessarily ends up first choice on the left as Martial may have gotten over all of the off field stuff going on in his life from last season and may be at least as good as his first season which would mean Perisic regardless of fee is a first team rotational player.

If as expected now we sign Perisic then we still need a right sided forward as well as a defensive midfielder SOOOOOOO I'll be ok now with signing Perisic IF we also sign a quality right sided attacker as well as I don't like the idea of Mkhitaryan or Mata being used there as first choice seeing as its neither mans best position and I want to see Rashford used centrally this season unless it's an emergency due to injuries.

De Gea, Romero, Pereira

Valencia, Young, Darmian, Smalling, Jones, Lindelof, Bailly, Rojo, Shaw, CBJ, Mitchell

Carrick, Dier/Matic, Herrera, Pogba, Fellaini, Blind, Pereira, Tuanzebe, Fosu-Mensah

Mata, Mkhitaryan, new right forward, Lingard, Perisic, Martial, Lukaku, Rashford, Zlatan if re-signed later in the year.

I'd be ok with that as a squad for the coming season and think we'd mount a serious challenge on all fronts apart from in Europe.
  3. Jul 17, 2017

Dennis Viollet New Member

I don't think Matic will come, neither Dier or Fabinho.
  4. Jul 17, 2017

Android1974 Full Member

Different problems, though. The first two their club won't sell to us, Fabinho is clearly unwanted.
  5. Jul 18, 2017

MrSingh2002 Full Member

Land of the Giants.

De Gea
    Bailly Lindelof Rojo
    Valencia Fabinho Perisic
    Fellaini Pogba
    Lukaku Rashford​

Wouldn't mind seeing this side going to the Emirates or Anfield.
  6. Jul 18, 2017

Rhyme Animal Modmins said "freeze" and I got numb

We need a dynamic player, a player who's at least somewhat capable of 'picking a defense', or 'taking a man on', and I'm really surprised that we're not even being linked to a single player like this.

If our basic transfers just leave us with pretty much the same dynamic as last season but Rom instead of Zlatan, it'll just end up the same - a solid team with a very good striker who fail to break through teams.

Like I said, it's the fact of not even being with a single player like this that I think is very odd.
  7. Jul 18, 2017

AshRK Full Member

Bernardo silva and perisic are two different type of players. Seeing how we lack good wingers , I would any day take perisic over Bernardo. Similarly , a goal scorer like lukaku was a must. Even with griezmann , we required a proper number 9.

Fabinho, I understand and lindelof was always going to come.
  8. Jul 19, 2017

zlatan_ish juventino

Supports:
    La Vecchia Signora
    I thought Chelsea won't sell Matic to United and is going to Juve?!
  9. Jul 19, 2017

settembrini Full Member

Interesting stuff. Not happy at the moment with two new players. Four is the dream but he will be happy with just three.

I wonder if he has a preference in mind for our third signing if he could only pick one of Matic and Perisic. Two completely different players who would lead us down two different tactical paths. If we sign Matic we could only be playing 4-3-3 next season, Perisic would give us more options.

Also I like that he says he doesn't blame anyone and doesn't repeat that 'Woodward has known since March who I wanted and it's down to him' line.
  10. Jul 19, 2017

Kidders Full Member

Matic is certainly leaving Chelsea, it's us or Juve as far as I can make out, Perisic seems to be fading (not fussed) and we should move to other targets, I'd rather we went for Sanchez and Fabinho than Matic and Perisic
  11. Jul 19, 2017

Don _ Conte New Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    I will guarantee you now there is no way we will sell Matic to you and if we do it will be an extortionate fee.
  12. Jul 19, 2017

El-Manos Full Member

Ok, thanks for the update pet.
  13. Jul 19, 2017

Castia Full Member

I agree, the day we signed Lukaku killed that deal.
  14. Jul 19, 2017

Don _ Conte New Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Yeah I think so, Matic will most likely end up at Juventus if he was willing to be rotated in then he would be perfect as a squad player but no way he can be guaranteed time in the XI with Bakayoko seemingly his upgrade and Kante and Fab ahead of him.
  15. Jul 19, 2017

AndyJ1985 Full Member

If so that's a little childish by Chelsea.
  16. Jul 19, 2017

Castia Full Member

Maybe but they're pissed and Conte seems like the type of guy to hold a grudge.
  17. Jul 19, 2017

Yagami Full Member

I don't think it was a case of Griezmann or Lukaku. I believe José wanted Griezmann and one of Lukaku/Morata which makes sense considering how light our attack is and has been for years.
  18. Jul 19, 2017

Kidders Full Member

If you read my post you will see that I hope we don't sign Matic, so if you could have a word with your Russian crook I would be grateful.
  19. Jul 19, 2017

verminater Full Member

You'd drop Herrera for Fellaini?
  20. Jul 19, 2017

SomeRandomPerson Full Member

That's actually surprising. The 4 signings have to have changed because Griezmann was clearly one of them, and that fell through. And we've also been linked to Morata, Lindelof and Perisic for a while. So, the plan was clearly to do with 2 forwards. We got Lindelof and we got Lukaku instead of Morata, plus we're still in for Perisic, surely Jose hasn't gone from wanting one of the most consistent goalscorers in football to wanting a DM? Those two mean radically different tactical plans for the season?
  21. Jul 19, 2017

MrSingh2002 Full Member

Personally no, just showing that we could be fielding a very tall side at times next season.
  22. Jul 19, 2017

mitchmouse Full Member

the more I think about it, the more I want Hernandez. £13m (this is the amount being talked about in conenction to West Ham) is a steal these days
  23. Jul 19, 2017

Dominos Full Member

Doubt he wants to be back up again.
  24. Jul 19, 2017

roonster09 Full Member

I don't think we will sign 4 players now. Going by Jose's interview he is happy enough with 3 as the market is tough.

Since Perisic rumors are at the peak and DM rumors have cooled down, it looks like Jose wants Perisic more than a DM.
  25. Jul 19, 2017

SammyUnited_83 Full Member

City and Chelsea now really going for it.

Come on Woody.

Why are we not linked to Renato didn't Jose say he would have gone for him in the past?
  26. Jul 19, 2017

iammemphis iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain

Supports:
    Watford ST holder for 2 years
    I find the pessimism here over our chances next season abit suprising. Yes we were a fair bit off a title challenge, but i think we are one signing away from a good summer. Perisic would suit our style of play very well, Lukaku scores goals, whats not to be impressed by? Chelsea will see again what its like to challenge on 4 fronts, at least we won a major honour when we done it last season. The team is more suited to Jose's style now, we are hard to beat. I'm happy.
  27. Jul 19, 2017

bcubed Full Member

Endeavouring to persevere in observation of all th
    I think we'll need a straw hat, a bag of carrots and a shit load of sand for Lukaku.

Of course exceedingly happy to be proved wrong :D
  28. Jul 19, 2017

sammsky1 Full Member

Now that Chelsea seemed to have landed Moratta and PSG are probably going to buy Neymar, I think one of the remaining 2 transfers needs to also be a blockbuster.

We need to invest more than our competitors to catch up as we start the season behind in terms of sqaud quality.