Yaya Touré: "I want to destroy the Pep myth" (France Football interview)

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Guy Incognito, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Jun 7, 2018

Ramshock CAF Pilib De Brún Translator

Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
    good post
  2. Jun 7, 2018

VBI Full Member

Supports:
    Celtic, Barca
    Keita is an odd example for people to bring up, he was a squad player, who never had anything negative to say about anyone. Also, he played 46, 44, 56 and 42 games in each of his seasons at Barca. He DID play, quite a lot. And he was both black and African born. The only 3 big players Guardiola actually "fell out with" to use those terms, were Eto'o, Zlatan and now Toure. All 3 are famous for being egotistical, "must be centre of attention" big mouths who have long strings of bustups, fallouts, media spats and other incidents in their past. And Eto'o was the only one who could actually do what Guardiola wanted on the pitch because he was mobile, fit and extremely hard working as well as technically proficient.
  3. Jun 7, 2018

clarkydaz Full Member

id say this is much worse. You cant make public statements like that against people without substance
  4. Jun 7, 2018

CA1 Full Member

Just speaking hypothetically here, if it was proven that United had a racist manager, would anybody give up their season ticket?
  5. Jun 7, 2018

M18CTID Full Member

Supports:
    Manchester City
    If it was proven that United had a racist manager he would be sacked on the spot (as would happen at City or pretty much anywhere else I'd imagine) so I'm not sure why a supporter would have to give up their season ticket.
  6. Jun 7, 2018

CA1 Full Member

Liverpool had a racist player and most Liverpool fans I presume were fine with it.

I was interested to gauge the United lads on here opinions on it on a United forum. God know what you're doing here mate.
  7. Jun 7, 2018

M18CTID Full Member

Supports:
    Manchester City
    Apologies for butting in on a thread about a former City player and current City manager, but yeah you're right - Liverpool didn't sack Suarez, and I can't recall any examples of any English clubs sacking a racist player. However, I feel with managers there's a greater degree of responsibility than there is with players and if a manager were to be found guilty of racism I think it would almost certainly end with them losing their job.
  8. Jun 7, 2018

Stacks Full Member

his comments "He’s too intelligent to be caught. He’ll never admit it (not liking Africans). But the day he picks a team with five Africans in, I promise I will send him a cake!"

using inference and deduction skills I can ascertain he has nothing incriminating, just a gist that he doesn't like Africans but you'll never here him (Pep) say anything of the sort, like a big fat racist would.
  9. Jun 7, 2018

adexkola Arsenal supporter

Me, and you. Yo momma, and yo cousin too.
    Supports:
    orderly disembarking on planes
    You don't fecking throw out such slanderous gists on a whim.
  10. Jun 7, 2018

Sassy Colin Death or the gladioli!

Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
    Unfortunately, this is a little bit like the boy who cried wolf, which is quite clear from many of the responses to this thread.

He has previous for acting like a cry baby twat, so whether this is serious or not, the first reaction is that he is acting like a cry baby twat again.

In any case, The Lord Pepus can do what he likes, mud never sticks to him.
  11. Jun 7, 2018

redIndianDevil Full Member

If it's a manager, he's a goner for sure. But if it's a player, it depends on the degree of racism and his actual skill. If it's a skilled and Ver important player, he'd likely to be forced to tender an apology but will not be sacked. If it's a squad player or one that has no hope, he'd be gone in a sec.

Best example is Leicester, Vardy continues to play and Pearson and co got fired for their Thai shenanigans.
  12. Jun 7, 2018

Stacks Full Member

errrrm yeah you do. happens every day. Look at the absurdity of his agents latest tweet with the Shamans. They are lunatics

"We Africans, we do not show that Africa is important to us,"

"We give more priority to what's going on elsewhere than in our own continent. This is what is appalling"

"Yaya will take care of Yaya and let Africa take care of itself. As I’ve been told many times, you can’t take care of Africa too much because Africa will be the first to let you down."

He shouted discrimination from Africans against Africans, merely because he did not win. He shouts discrimination against Pep because he did not play. He is a big cry baby, a man child and a bad example as a sportsman and human being.
  13. Jun 12, 2018

kaiser1 New Member

Supports:
    Bayern Munich
    “I never had any problem with Pep Guardiola,” said Sagna. “Whenever I was good, I playing. Whenever I was not playing well, I was on the bench.

“To me, it’s part of a football player’s life. Personally, I never felt different from any other player.

“I don’t know what the relationship (between Pep and Yaya) is today. But personally, I never had any problems. He was always respectful to me and my family. That’s all I want to say.”

https://www.mcfcwatch.com/2018/06/1...n-yaya-toures-explosive-pep-Guardiola-claims/
  14. Jun 13, 2018

Scroto Baggins Full Member

So no new actual evidence, so it was all just Yaya bs backed by the African shamans, wouldnt surprise me if Yaya was a flat Earther.
  15. Jun 13, 2018

ivaldo Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Yeah still waiting for the revelation here. Those who got up in arms over the Yaya criticisms might need to reevaluate.

I'm certainly no lover of Pep, but to just throw such an accusation on a whim isn't acceptable, and it's worrying that he's able to do so without any kind of repercussion, and to receive support for it to boot.
  16. Jun 13, 2018

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt Scouse Lover

I'd sue for defamation.
  17. Jun 13, 2018

Ramshock CAF Pilib De Brún Translator

Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
    This is going well
  18. Jun 13, 2018

Classical Mechanic Full Member

Accusations of racism aside, Yaya's 'myth' busting is nothing of the sort. Football scholars such as myself and other venerable denizens of Redcafe have been 'woke' to this truth for aeons.
  19. Jun 13, 2018

kouroux 45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Not surprised one bit by how this is unfolding. Yaya is a sad human being. Ready to triviliaze something died for and over for personnal gain
  20. Jun 13, 2018

@Cassidy : Have you heard anything substantial ? Looks like I wasn't wrong
  21. Jun 13, 2018

Remember his rant when Aubameyang won the best African player award.
    Bizarre human being.
  22. Jun 13, 2018

Stacks Full Member

This isn't so much an "I told you so moment", its just yourself like many knew that with Yaya, the quotes he made in relation to the accusation (really throw away) and his past nonsense, this was right up his street for it to be a big scheme. You can never, not take someones past into account when they make a fresh accusation. There is even a fable about it. Many were keen to hear more of Yaya's claims solely due to dislike of Pep.
    As De Bruyne said, it would be weird if Pep was specifically racist towards a past it, arrogant, self centered, delusional 35 year old Yaya, when he works with and selects so many black players on merit, has signed players of African descent, and very few have made accusations of racist treatment. In today's era it is common practice to weaponize or politicize discrimination, as there will automatically be a huge reaction regardless if there is any truth to it.

Yaya seems like one of the worst kinds of people imaginable. I want to blame his agents/advisors because I doubt his upbringing created this.
  23. Jun 13, 2018

@Stacks Kolo Touré seems like a nice and humble man in comparison. Maybe it is just Yaya who is self centered like that and his agents/advisors are fuelling this monumental ego of his.
  24. Jun 13, 2018

Cassidy No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

So you totally missed the point of what I was saying. I never made reference to whether what Yaya said was right or wrong
  25. Jun 13, 2018

EyeInTheSky Full Member

Does Fielding black or African players mean you are not racist? As in it means you can't deal with them differently in a derogatory or contemptuous fashion? Making use of someone as a means to an ends does not preclude you from being one(a racist). The two are not mutually exclusive.

Does not fielding black or African players mean you are a racist?

either way, it is not straightforward and we don't know the intentions behind Pep's decisions or thoughts inside his head. It is far more likely that he is generally a cnut that players don't warm to or at best just get on with it. He even just said himself he struggles with interpersonal relationships.
  26. Jun 13, 2018

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    I don't buy his racism claim. But Pep is a poor man manager. He only gets away with it because he rarely stays at a club beyond 3 years and rarely has more than a season of no success
  27. Jun 13, 2018

Stacks Full Member

In this case, it seems he had a 35 year old waster who didn't warrant a place in his record breaking side i.e. a footballing decision. Pep may be a racist. none of us will know, however he seems to consistently make footballing decisions, many of them vindicated and Yaya is just another victim of his ruthless streak. Sadly Yaya will be Yaya and make himself a victim of something evil and insidious.
  28. Jun 13, 2018

I didn't at all. Just asked you a simple question. Have you heard more ?
  29. Jun 13, 2018

Cassidy No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Nope. I havent even seen the supposed interview he did, except those exerps that were first shared by France Football. Seems odd.
  30. Jun 13, 2018

yumtum DUX' bumchum

The new Sol Campbell?
  31. Jun 13, 2018

ivaldo Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

In this instance, yes, it is that straight forward.

Yaya concludes that the only possible reason why he wasn’t selected is because Pep is racist. He that assertion.
  32. Jun 14, 2018

Arruda Love is in the air, everywhere I look around

Supports:
    Porto
    Damn, Samuel is a funny guy, loved that :lol:
  33. Jun 16, 2018

Sigma Full Member Scouse Lover

34. Jun 16, 2018

A reply.
  35. Jun 16, 2018

Stacks Full Member

right below this, in the same thread, a poster gives this translation of what was said#

Eto'o says "some decisions Pep has taken involving black non-European players might lead to that that suspicion, but that he's kept in touch with him through the years and wants to believe Toure's accusations are unfounded."

He didn't seem to confirm this.
  36. Jun 16, 2018

Stacks Full Member

This interview was legendary. pep seems a right Cnut
  37. Jul 1, 2018

Samid follows Pogue around, fixing his images

Is it tomorrow yet? Still waiting for the myth to be destroyed.