Your ideal 11 - 2018/19 and outs (being realistic)

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by jesperjaap, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Jul 11, 2018

abdo99 Full Member City Lover

We are not winning the title if this is the best we can come up with.
    Still need a RW and LB. Possibly another CM.
  2. Jul 11, 2018

kthanksbye Full Member

.......................DDG......................
    ......Bailly.......Smalling......Jones......
    Valencia...........Matic...............Young
    ...............Fred..........Pogba.............
    ..............Lukaku.......Sanchez..........

We're going to set up something like this next season.
    Think a formation like this suits most our players. At some point next season, I'd like to see Mata in the #10 position with two of Rash/Sanchez/Lukaku ahead of him.

Romero, Lindelof, Rojo, Tuanzebe, Dalot, TFM, Shaw, Fellaini, Mctominay, Herrera, Lingard, Mata, Martial, Rashford.
    there's another pretty balanced 11 among these 14 players too.

That's 25 players without counting Blind and Darmian. Jose likes to operate with a small squad. There's a strong possibility that we don't make another signing this window, unless we get a good offer for Martial.
  3. Jul 11, 2018

JoaquinJoaquin Full Member

Doesn't that starting team get you excited.
  4. Jul 11, 2018

kthanksbye Full Member

:lol::lol:

It doesn't, but I do not want us to just sign players who're available. If our targets are available, we should pursue them with intent, or else we should work with what we have.
    I am also a firm believer that better management can get more out of this bunch of players. Players like Pogba, Lukaku, Rashford, Lingard, Shanchez, Bailly, Lindelof all have a higher ceiling than what we've seen so far or are still developing as players. Fred could well be the missing piece of our midfield.
    Buying players doesn't solve our problems, unless we find a way to get the best out of what we have.
  5. Jul 11, 2018

sparx99 New Member

It is interesting to see us being linked with Sergej Milinkovic-Savic again now that Juventus have bought Ronaldo. With Fellaini staying it would only seem to make sense if we are switching formations to something like 3-5-2 or 4-1-2-1-2.

Looking at our squad I could see both of those formations being used for different challenges but 4-1-2-1-2 could be really exciting with our squad. Particularly as there seem to be so few quality right wingers available to resolve our issues when playing 4-2-3-1.

Imagine if we lined up with the following team next season.

De Gea/Romero/Grant

Dalot/Valencia
    Bailly/Smalling
    Lindelof/Jones/Rojo
    Shaw/Young

Matic/McTominay

Fred/Herrera Pogba/Fellaini

Sergej/Lingard/Mata

Lukaku/Rashford Sanchez/Martial

Personally, I think this could allow Pogba the freedom to roam down the left side of the midfield. It may give Shaw a final chance to make it by giving him the freedom to attack knowing there is Matic sitting deeper to cover him. Dalot/Valencia would be able to get forward on the right.

It's not completely ideal but that is a 24 man squad with only one more addition required to what we currently have and seems a formation best suited to our current players. I'd like to see an upgrade at CB but it's not an absolute priority this summer.

This also seems to fit with what we've heard about Mourinho being prepared to start the season with Shaw and Young as his LB options.
  6. Jul 11, 2018

diarm Full Member

De Gea

Bailly ---- TobyV
    Dalot ------------------------------- Sandro
    Matic
    -- Fred -------- Pogba
    Lingard

- Lukaku ------- Sanchez

7. Jul 11, 2018

KingMinger22 City >>> United. Moaning twat

Looking at these lineups...

We seriously lack top class players.

We have some that are “decent to good” but very few that, for example, any of our rivals would ever be interested in poaching from us.
  8. Jul 11, 2018

Judas Open to offers

I fear we're going to look back at this summer as another one where we let the rest of the pack get further away from us. We'll still be top 4, but we're hardly going to be making City nervous.
  9. Jul 11, 2018

mad1max954 New Member

As much as I would like to see this, or even a diamond in the middle, Jose ha shown no inclination to try this. Think we are settled with 4231/433.
  10. Jul 11, 2018

Kidders Full Member

DDG
    Valencia-Bailly-Koulibally-Sandro
    Fred-Matic-Pogba
    Mbappe-Lukaku-Martial

Romero
    Dalot-Smalling-Jones-Shaw
    Herrera-Fellaini-Pereira
    Lingard-Rashford-Sanchez
  11. Jul 11, 2018

Bearded One Full Member

Dreaming of:

Lukaku
    Martial/Rashford Mbappe Sanchez

Or

Sanchez Lukaku Mbappe (this is more realistic given that we have Fred already but I feel Mbappe is a bit wasted wide)
    I need to wake up from my slumber I know but boy I love Mbappe :nervous:
  12. Jul 11, 2018

NoPace Full Member

I still think these are our holes, assuming Mourinho is our manager the next couple years:

Sanchez--Lukaku---RW (Martial, Rashford, Target9)
    ------Pogba----Fred----- (Fellaini, Lingard)
    ----------Matic----------- (Herrera)
    LB--------------Valencia (Young, Dalot)
    -------LCB--Bailly------- (Lindelof, Smalling, Rojo/Jones)
    --------De Gea---------- (Romero)

and then a utility man for the front 5 and the back 5, I'd say Pereira and Blind are the best options but it's not crazy to think Tuanzebe or Fosu-Mensah could fill the latter's role and that we could just use Mctominay and whoever is playing well for the academy like Chong, Gomez or Greenwood for the front spots.

Rest can be sold, though Shaw remains a potential long-term starter at LB for yet another year. Ideally we'd sign him to a longer deal at a salary that doesn't make him unmoveable or with options for us and loan him to start somewhere for a year and get his career back on track.

So, order of priority: LB, then RW, then LCB and then the physical backup 9 for cheap. That seems doable to me.
  13. Jul 14, 2018 at 22:24

YouOnlyLiveTwice Full Member

Alexis - Lukaku - Bale--
    Pogba - Fred--
    Matic
    Sandro - Maguire - Bailly - Valencia-
    DDG

Out: Jones, Blind, Shaw, Darmian

Bale is a risk, but not my money, so why not. He is class when fit, and commercially attractive.​
  14. Jul 14, 2018 at 22:29

MadMike Full Member

Wut? Are you drunk?

City were trying to sign Fred and Sanchez. Chelsea were trying to sign Lukaku. Any team would want to have Pogba or De Gea. That’s already half the starting XI.
  15. Jul 14, 2018 at 23:10

Walters_19_MuFc Full Member

Nice team.
  16. Jul 18, 2018 at 10:11

jesperjaap Full Member

Ok another one:

Keeper: Lee Grant £1.5m
    Centre Back: Upamecano in paid for by selling Blind, Darmian, Lindelof and Rojo £0m
    Full Back: Dalot £18m
    CM: Fred £52m
    CM: Alan Guimaraes - out Herrera Spend £15m
    RW: Bale - out Martial and Mata spend £20m
    CF: Umaro Embolo £40m

Overall net spend £150m odd

GK DeGea
    RB Valencia
    CB Bailly
    CB Upamecano
    LB Young
    DM Matic
    CM Fred
    CM Pogba
    LW Sanchez
    RW Bale
    CF Lukaku

GK Romero
    RB Dalot
    LB Shaw
    CB Jones
    CB Smalling
    DM McTominay
    CM Fellaini
    CM Guimaraes
    LW Rashford
    RW Lingard
    CF Embolo

GK Grant
    RB Laird
    CB Tuanzabe
    CB Mensah
    LB Mitchell
    DM ??
    CM Perreira
    LW Gomes
    CF Greenwood
    RW Chong

Powerful first team, decent spine and exciting young attacking second team. The third team personally I would prfer a coupel of them in the second team over some of the second team. In a couple of years I could see 5/6 of the old first team players phased out, Lukaku being over taken by either of the young ventre forwards we have and our exciting youngsters bringing in pace and technical genius whilst the remaining first teamers reach there peak.

Of course in reality we are talking about spening £350m odd this year and keeping a lot of very bug young talents happy on the sidelines for 12-24 months but it would get rid of a lot of the deadwood and probably allow us to move on Valencia, YOung, Jones, Smalling and Fellaini next summer as well as Sanchez, Shaw, McTominay, Perreira if they dont perform without having to spend too much next summer replacing them.

A man can dream