Your mood after Aguero scored

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by SAred, May 14, 2012.

1. May 14, 2012

mattsville Full Member

Devastated. Cruel end to it all. It came down to the last match and we played brilliantly and won a tricky fixture with composure, city bottled it at home against a shit team who had 10 men for the 2nd half, what happened in injury time is hard to understand, now I know how bayern felt in 1999.
  2. May 14, 2012

antohan gets aroused by tagline boobs

Same here. But didn't even react as the moment Aguero got the ball I knew it was over.
  3. May 14, 2012

Pexbo Takes body parts and sells them on Amazon.

Me my dad and my brother were circling the coffee table all seemingly aware of it being glass, shouting "feckkkkk" "are you fecking kidding me" and "get the feck out" before finding indestructible things to unleash our fury on. My cat was my object of choice because he gives me shit back and I don't feel guilty. Bless him.
  4. May 14, 2012

Raven Blade Dull

I was stood up in front the TV after Dzeko equalised begging the QPR players to just hold on. But they gave away possession so cheaply, switched off at the back and it happened.

Just pure rage. I was cursing QPR for being so shit and unable to hold on, Barton for being an idiot and Man City for getting lucky. Then my mum came into the room telling me to calm down before I get a heart attack. I was having none of it. I needed to vent.
  5. May 14, 2012

MUFAN79 Full Member

Same here :(
  6. May 14, 2012

forevrared Full Member

I never even knew Dzeko had equalized, so in the space of 5 minutes I went from seeing City 1 - 2 QPR on my mobile to City 3 - 2 QPR. Had I not been at work I'd have probably gone around smashing things.
  7. May 14, 2012

Drainy Full Member

I shook my head and laughed. I was expecting it.
  8. May 14, 2012

RedPhil1957 Full Member

i am surprised nobody mentioned the Bolton result coming in before City scored their first, did QPR players stop playing for that last 5 mins? Interesting thought; they had a throw-in with a minute to play and the ball was thrown into middle of pitch, not the usual action of a team desperately hanging on, City won the ball and scored.
  9. May 14, 2012

rcoobc Not as crap as eferyone thinks

This thought went through my head a lot yesterday. When City went 1-0 up, I thought the only way that QPR are going to score is if they learn that Bolton are winning. Low and behold that occurred, but then Bolton stopped winning and QPR ended up losing.

However QPR fought throughout. Apart from the final minute when they looked exhausted and dead they gave 100%. Honestly I don't know, but I don't think so. I think they played until the final whistle.

However, a certain Blackburn Rovers played for a draw last season not knowing it would be enough to keep them up. Cuntish thing for them to do in my opinion, not trying to score as long as we didn't either but I don't remember too many people complaining. You can say it is different because QPR had nothing to lose by just keeping it at 2-2 but...

QPR were dead, they were playing with 10 men for 95 minutes and looked knackered. Emotionally and physically they were spent. Blackburn didn't try to attack as long as we didn't either.
  10. May 14, 2012

RedPhil1957 Full Member

I mostly agree, it just that last few minutes and espectially that throw, I know players do idiotic things under pressure but its almost 2nd nature, close to the end with the result you need/want ----- waste time! waste time! waste time! Rangers didn't when even youth teams do.
  11. May 14, 2012

MrMarcello Full Member

Speechless. Motionless.

From a view of a fan that loves this sport, I felt it was an incredible climax. And from an American view, with the matches being televised on something like six or seven channels simultaneously, it was definitely a ratings booster. The sports media has been showing lots of highlights, it's on the radio, even analysts from other sports are mentioning it. Hopefully, it will carry over into a great Euro tournament and boost the hype leading into August, and thus more coverage for the league and sport.

From a neutral perspective, leaving out my United bias and how City bought their way into this position, I felt City were the best side during the season, had defeated United twice, and United had blown its chance. Although I was rooting for QPR to hold on for the win/draw, I couldn't help but feel this United side were not worthy of the title having blown such a huge lead with only a few matches remaining and having lost twice to City. But it was City and as such the way they got to this summit negated my view on United's deserving.

Nonetheless, I sat their speechless but not devastated - it was a Sheikh bought title however you label it. I did feel for the locals that will have to endure the City, rival and ABU fans tossing vile shit at them - I am immune to that tribal crap living in the US, though no doubt "lifetime City" fans will soon emerge in the states.

Just minutes before the crazy finish, the cameras showed City fans crying and defeated, which I found hilarious like Red Sox fans in 2003 and before and Redskins fans every year, but we all know City would just spend xxx million in the summer and would soon enough win the league. Whereas I did feel United would be right back the following season, fully armed and hopefully suffering fewer injuries. Afterall, City needed two goals in added time to win the league on goal differential against a United squad that clearly has holes to fill and had blown a big lead.
  12. May 14, 2012

Randall Flagg Worst of the best

I didn’t get angry. Just was very upset. Tears were shed (not ashamed to admit that)

Sat back and was kindve in shock for the next 30 or so mins. I even watched them life the trophy.
  13. May 14, 2012

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Thus says Kemo

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
    oh well was my reaction. I never believed we could win it even after our match ended. Deep down I also thought a loss like this would Spurs us on to more greatness
  14. May 14, 2012

MrMarcello Full Member

40 minutes... but they were worn out no doubt. If only they hadn't booted the kickoff downfield after Dzeko's goal, and instead played it back and around a bit. I guess just lumping it forward allowed them to sit back and hope to hold out. Lucky for them they didn't need to point to stay up. And they were about two minutes from becoming my second favorite club on the planet. :(
  15. May 14, 2012

rcoobc Not as crap as eferyone thinks

Yeah 40 minutes.

Argh I hate them. They gave it their all though. I'm content to just hate Joey Barton to be honest. cnut of a man.
  16. May 14, 2012

MrMarcello Full Member

I did as well. Regardless of who it is I always enjoy a championship celebration, especially for clubs/players that have waited forever to taste the ultimate reward. Granted, seeing twats like Balotelli, Nasri and Tevez dance around was digusting. Especially Nasri and his "I know I made the right choice" bullshit. No, Samir, money talks not pedigree.

But for the all-time OTT celebration, Real Madrid on Sunday. feck me, you'd think they have never won anything in the club's history watching that shit. And I thought we Americans go OTT on celebrations.
  17. May 14, 2012

MrMarcello Full Member

The FA must ban him for at least a full season if not permanently. He does not deserve to play in England at any level, and then let FIFA and UEFA possibly take further action. He'd get his ass pummeled by an opponenet in the US for doing that crap. No way he'd have walked off the pitch without an opponent taking a swipe at him.

As for the match itself, I thought it was a carbon-copy of Chelsea-Barca second leg, and it appeared headed for a similar result. But City has a Plan B it appears, but it seemed as if they'd never get a second goal let alone a second and third. I would have wagered Barca, err FC Messi, would have found a way through and City would have fecked it up. But in this crazy season, Barca choked and City held on.
  18. May 14, 2012

The_Red_Hope Full Member

1. Threw macbook. Flung phone. Flung Remote.
    2. Kicked random stuff around the house.
    3. Screamed hysterically and was literally pulling my hair.
    4. Pulled blanket over my head and lay down for a couple of hours.
  19. May 14, 2012

vanthaman Winner

Head in hands, and smiled, not because I was happy, because I knew it was coming and just thought "fecking typical"
  20. May 14, 2012

Starkie_1 Full Member

You actually cried?
  21. May 14, 2012

Dwazza Van Hernandez A Special Kind of Hipster

For sure, Livvs. Before the match I was resigned to the inevitable. That's the worst part of it, for a little while there was hope.
  22. May 14, 2012

CallyRed Full Member

When QPR scored their second i left the house and went for a very long walk, couldn't bare it. I get footy sms alerts to my phone and didn't check my phone until 5pm.

Felt sick when I did.
  23. May 14, 2012

gerrydaly Praying to have a guy on top of him

My heart rate was at 150pm until Aguero scored. Then it wasn't, so I went out to get some more fags.

I might throw a brick through my tele a day late.
  24. May 14, 2012

Badunk Full Member

Was in the pub with mates (Liverpool fans). The pub erupted when the 3rd goal went in. One of my mates hugged and danced with some old twat. I sat and looked at the screen in silence. Just utter utter disbelief. I fancied us to win the league all week. I bet on QPR and the draw. I changed my Redcafe location to reflect my optimism. We were gonna do it. It's City, they always feck it up. They almost did. They did what we've done a hundred times before and scored in the last few minutes.

That's why I pity them. Even in their finest hour, all they could do was copy us.
  25. May 14, 2012

mustaine Full Member

Laughed and thought about how we had just had the bitter taste of our own medicine. I knew it was coming and it was all just so typical. They deserved that win although it would have been better if they got it done a bit earlier. There is no point in thinking too much about yesterday.

Looking to next season, United will punish and all will be normal again ;)
  26. May 14, 2012

Eyepopper Lowering the tone since 2006

I gave the dog a good kicking.... that made me feel a bit better.
  27. May 14, 2012

Harold_Giles Full Member

[​IMG]
  28. May 14, 2012

Freak Born a freak always a freak.

I took my shirt off, ran around the house celebrating and shouting " yeeeeeeaaaaaaahhh"...What do you think my mood was ffs?
  29. May 14, 2012

WR RedCafe FIFA League Season 1 Winner

:lol::lol:
  30. May 14, 2012

VeevaVee despite the protests, wears Ugg boots

One more sarcy comment and I'm gonna send Eyepopper round to kick your pets
  31. May 14, 2012

Ole's_toe_poke Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke

Man up FFS.
  32. May 14, 2012

kps88 Full Member

I could have probably cried if I wanted to. In fact, I'm certain I would have cried if we managed to win it. fecking emotional rollercoaster.
  33. May 14, 2012

Ole's_toe_poke Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke

I couldnt watch the drama unfold because I had a game. When I checked the score first it was 2-1 to QPR but I fully expected City to win anyway. Next time I checked the score was 3-2 and I was like "ah I knew it". When I checked the timings of their goals I loled a little. You can't help but laugh or else you'd go mad.

However I can imagine it was different for the guys who watched it live.
  34. May 14, 2012

davisjw Full Member

Going into that game it wasn't ours to lose :(
  35. May 14, 2012

Name Changed weso26

I missed the end of it because the fuse went. When my brother rang me at about the 89th minute telling me City were still losing 2-1, I said I guarantee you that they will find a way to win. I had resigned myself to losing the league before. If I had of been watching it live, I would probably have cried or puked or both.
  36. May 14, 2012

De Selby Likes them tattooed and bald

Well done, Randall. Real manly.

My mate switched over just before Dzeko scored. I had a feeling they were going to get the winner after that so I grabbed the remote control and muted it for the inevitable...I couldn't bear listening to Martin Tyler screaming like a neutered cat when the winner was scored.

I'm assuming Tyler lost it completely?
  37. May 14, 2012

roseguy64 Full Member

Was being superstitious and stood stuck in one position for most of the second half. Our match finished and I went for the remote, changed the channel. Was feeling hope but being cautious, predicting how much noise I'd make when they'd drawn and lost the title. Next thing I see is Aguero smashing the ball into the net. Slammed my remote into a nearby desk, luckily it didn't break, letting out a shout of NO. Was in silence for a while after watching them celebrate and could only smile at the ridiculous nature of it all and allowing my optimism to well up.
  38. May 14, 2012

togg Full Member

I was on the computer...on here at the caf. I keep leaving my seat, walking around saying please please please. I'm 49...must have looked pathetic. When extra time began my head was so confused..i was like, my God we might be doing this...and also..no it can't be....we can't be doing this... all at the same time. I saw the post about them equalising, and thought....shit....., but we are still winning it....they have to get another...and I just don't think they will, they can't now, its too late....then saw a post that just read "3-2". My heart sank....really sank, I was almost sweating with fear....I kept refreshing hoping against hope it was a mistake...but no...it wasn't......

I just sat there stunned....distraught at the cruelty of it....disbelief...it felt like a bearevment to be honest....I wasn't angry at all, just totally awash with despair. I have never ever felt like that before concering football, not the utter strength of it.

Then my wife came in.....unknowing..isn't interested in football and said...."Hey..you must come and see my tomato plants"

........she was irritated by my inane grunt as a reply....it felt as thought I had been labotomised....

I'm better today....I never thought before the game we would win it and had accepted it. However for a fleeting ten minutes...I really thought something very unexpected and amazing was going to happen. It was like seeing all your lottery numbers come up and then realising that the ticket you are holding was for last weeks draw.....

The thing is....what I realise is that if I didn't feel these intense emotions, the supreme highs and lows, then I wouldn't be a football fan, I wouldn't be that interested in the game. And to have these feelings, ok one amazing the other awful, is really what being a football fan is all about. My main consolation is that I've had many many more amazing highs with Fergie and his teams than lows, and not many fans of other teams can say that.....

Bring on next season...I say and let the game begin again...
  39. May 14, 2012

Minkaro Full Member

When the goal went in I just stood there, thinking "yep, that was always going to happen."
  40. May 14, 2012

That'sHernandez Ominously close to getting banned

I shouted "feck OFF," stormed out of my room and slapped the wall in front of me like you would if you were doing a double high-five and then leaned on it with my head pressed against it for a few seconds and then calmly walked downstairs in silence to make a cup of tea.