Youri Tielemans

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Zoo, May 2, 2019.

1. May 2, 2019

Zoo Full Member

2. May 2, 2019

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Was he only on loan at Leicester?

If so then we should definitely be in for him. He's looked very good alongside Ndidi.
  3. May 2, 2019

BarcaSpurs Full Member

Can't believe we didn't take him in Jan if he was offered to us
  4. May 2, 2019

humdinger Full Member

Definitely would be a useful player for us. Ticks plenty of boxes.
  5. May 2, 2019

IrishRedDevil Full Member

Good little player. He is quite slow though.
  6. May 2, 2019

Ramos Full Member

Great player but not the kind to turn a giant club in a bad spell around. Not yet anyway. Should stay at Leicester for a while. they seem set to have a good couple of years with all the talent they have now.
  7. May 2, 2019

settembrini Full Member

Mixed feelings. He's not an amazing player who would transform our side but if he's available for a good price then we could do worse. He's the right sort of midfielder we should be looking for because he would improve our possession/creativity/attacking but I'm not convinced he's the absolute best we could get. He's at a good age and has adapted decently to the PL though which is nice.
  8. May 2, 2019

roonster09 Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018 Scout

There is not a single player who can turn around the club by himself (except maybe Messi).
  9. May 2, 2019

Ali Dia Full Member

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
    He’s a baller. Thought so since we played against him in the EL. (Himself Sanchez and De Ligt really stood out) Would be a good replacement for Ander in the box to box role, not on the defensive side though, Ander is immense in that regard.

We’d need him and one other signing. If it’s fernandes then that’s pogba gone and another season of Matic in the DM role which is quite depressing actually but we need to rebuild, top young talent fits the bill and he is certainly that.
  10. May 2, 2019

Bojan11 Full Member

May as well sign him now. This is the type of player we’d want to sign for double the fee in a few years time.
  11. May 2, 2019

FootyGirl88

Should have gone for him after we played Anderlecht in the EL he was very impressive.
  12. May 2, 2019

sun_tzu The Art of Bore

Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.
    Would be a great squad addition - not going to transform our midfield overnight like say saul might but at 21 years old he could well develop in the next 2-3 years into something quite special - plus with 280 games under his belt already hes experienced enough if called on
    Personally feel that for him the better move would be to stay at Leicester for a couple of years to develop but would be delighted if we could get him
  13. May 2, 2019

Nickosaur Full Member

Really like the look of him. Think he had a bad spell at Monaco? but which young players don't. Impressive attacking input from midfield.
  14. May 2, 2019

Svartzonker New Member

He is a good player. Adding him, Barella and Fernandes would mean Pogba is leaving.

A completely new midfield. Im not against it.
  15. May 2, 2019

GBBQ Full Member

Yeah exactly, we have to stop assessing potential signings on whether or not they themselves could change our fortunes. If the link is true and we sign him he'd be part of a bigger picture of ins and outs that would hopefully make us a better team by August.
  16. May 2, 2019

Wallez Full Member

He would be a very solid signing for us. 21 years old, PL proven and probably available for a reasonable fee. I think he would fit nicely alongside Pogba as he provides more creativity and attacking threat than Herrera. In addition, we should bring in a DM that covers the ground behind Tielemans and Pogba.
  17. May 2, 2019

Keeps It tidy Hates Messi

Hard pass.
  18. May 2, 2019

charlenefan Far less insightful than the other Charley

The fact he flopped so badly at Monaco worries me, indicates he needs the right surroundings to succeed and I doubt we have those right surroundings

Some players you just have to say yeah good player but not for us even if that means he goes to Spurs and becomes the best CM in the league (hyperbole because his potential isn't that great)
  19. May 2, 2019

Bwuk Full Member

He's the sort of player we should be after but probably won't be.
  20. May 2, 2019

Scarecrow Having a week off

He's younger than McTominay.
  21. May 2, 2019

UNITED ACADEMY Full Member

I’m in for him. He’s worth the punt since I don’t think he will cost a lot knowing that Spurs & Leicester are the other clubs trying to sign him. He won’t be instant solution, but I think Ole can develop him to a great player.

I noticed that Vardy’s style is very beneficial for his style as well. And Rashford has similar asset to Vardy in term of being a pacey striker with good movement.
  22. May 2, 2019

Ramos Full Member

That's exactly what i meant. I watched him for years at Anderlecht. When the team is bad, he's bad. But when the team is good, he's the best player on the field.

Not sure that's the kind of player United need right now. And for him personally, after Monaco, that's not what he needs either.

Then again United might look completely different next year. Would be a gamble either way.
  23. May 2, 2019

Rozay Master of Hindsight

He’s been on the club’s radar for at least 5 years, so we probably have a 200-page dossier on him somewhere. Maybe now we feel it’s the right time to act on it.
  24. May 2, 2019

sebsheep New Member

We don't even start the process of preparing a bid until we have 275 pages.
  25. May 2, 2019

Mastoness New Member

I wouldn't mind having him in the squad. 21 years old and as someone already mentioned fairly expirienced for his age, good dribbler and passer, he can score a banger here and there and it looks that he accustomed to the PL very well.

If we can keep Pogba and if we add someone like Gueye that would be a good midfield. Gueye for all the dirty work and defensive duties, Tielmans for passing and control and Pogba as more attacking oriented.

If we can get him for a reasonable price I say go for it.
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
  26. May 2, 2019

RussellWilson Full Member

Exactly the sort of on the cusp of going up a level player we should be after. Also had 6 months in the league already so should be able to adapt more easily. From what I have seen his passing range impresses me from long to short and also has a decent strike on him
  27. May 2, 2019

arthurka Full Member

I think he would be a fantastic buy. Young talented and at a reasonable price.
    We would be crazy not to be interested with the problems we are facing in midfield.
  28. May 2, 2019

onemanarmy Full Member

What do you expect from a 18-19 year old player, which he was back then? He was never going to fully carry the team at that age, nor was he going to carry the worst Monaco side in ages. Drop him in any team which plays decent football and he'll only get better, the talent is obviously there. That being said, I would suggest he'd stay at Leicester for a year or 2.
  29. May 2, 2019

Art Art the artist

A midfielder that doesn't completely shit the bed with the ball at his feet under pressure. Why on earth would United want him.
  30. May 2, 2019

bosnian_red Worst scout to ever exist

Would love to bring him in. Him and Neves as our 2 midfielders would sort out our midfield for years to come IMO, and they suit each other very well but also can easily make the step up to be world class midfielders. Also exactly the types we need, Pogba or no Pogba.
  31. May 2, 2019

Wednesday at Stoke Full Member

Supports:
    Time Travel
    He's a defensive midfielder in every sense of the word. McTominay looks more comfortable playing box to box. Tielemans is also captaincy material even at his age, players like him and DeLigt would be the kind of profile United should be looking for to add some character to the squad.
  32. May 2, 2019

cathari Full Member

Think he looks very talented and welcome tier 1 reports of our interest, although a somewhat vague mention from Terreur.

And it would be a promising signal that changes in transfer policy are actually being made at the club.
  33. May 2, 2019

Ramos Full Member

Some players do, at that level it's not impossible. Kompany is an example. He was the boss at 17 at the same team. You could see from a mile a way what leader he would become.

Tielemans doesn't have that quality. He has many others though. Not slating him, he's the kind of player i love to watch.
  34. May 2, 2019

Wulfric New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Good player. with great potential. For the sake of his career, I really hope he produces a masterclass in his next game, whoever the opponent are. can't remember who they are facing this week :confused:
  35. May 2, 2019

Emmet Sweaty Foot Monster

One of my top picks to come in this summer. Calm, comfortable with both feet. Can pass and shoot
  36. May 2, 2019

SS Full Member

Think it would have to be one or the other with Pogba in there. Don't think there'd be enough legs and actual defensive ability in the midfield otherwise.
  37. May 2, 2019

bosnian_red Worst scout to ever exist

Neves and Tielemans are more than capable themselves to hold it; both aggressive players, both very intelligent, both very diligent defensively. Neves is perfectly capable of being the pivot player, holding midfielder in a 3 while Tielemans has played that role in the past but is perfect for the all rounder, controlling midfielder IMO. putting them as the 2 in a 4231 or as 2 of the 3 with Pogba the 3rd mid, would definitely work IMO. Definitely a huge improvement on the ball but also in terms of energy and midfield balance.

Either way think Pogba only has 1 year max left at United so we shouldn't really plan our long term midfield around him.
  38. May 2, 2019

Scarecrow Having a week off

I was under the impression that he's more of a B2B player. Haven't watched him all that much though.

Either way, I'm not comparing them, just wanted to put in perspective how young he is.
  39. May 2, 2019

deafepl New Member

It makes a sense, we need more midfielder in depth who complete for 3 spots. Ole dropped many players who are out of forms like Young, Martial, Matic, Herrera, Fred, Lingard, Lukaku and Sanchez.

Tielmans will complete with Bruno on the right flank.

So we don't lose midfield control if any of these players get injured.
  40. May 2, 2019

T00lsh3d Full Member

:lol::lol: