United Landmarks for Google Earth

decorativeed

If you have Google Earth and are interested in all the major (and lots of minor) locations that have been the scene of pivotal (or prosaic) events in the history of Manchester United FC, you might want to download this file:

Manchester United landmarks 1.9.kmz

Screenshot:

Some of the places included are:

The obvious ones: Old Trafford, Wembley, the stadia that hosted all of United's major (and some minor) cup finals.

The old grounds: North Road, Bank Street, City's old Hyde Road ground where many of the first derby matches were held as well as Maine Road, United's "home" from 1941-49.

Other lesser-known places that hosted major events in the club's history such as: St James Hall, The Queens Hotel, The Imperial Hotel, The Grand Hotel, Fallowfield Stadium, The ground where United played their first ever European Cup match, Sir Matt's old house, a ground 300 miles away that for one night was "home", the club's old and current training grounds, George Best's Manchester nightclubs and the Dog and Partridge pub where United and Liverpool players met to fix the outcome of the match on 2nd April, 1915.

If anyone shares my interest in this kind of thing and can think of other landmarks to add, please let me know.

Anyone who does not have Google Earth can get it for free here

ciderman9000000

If you zoom-out far enough from Fulham's training-ground you can just make-out a space-shuttle beginning maneuvers to dodge the top of Smalling's head.

PS18

Could add the Nou Camp, Luzhniki and the stadium in Rotterdam (de Kuip?) for obvious reasons. Perhaps the site of the Munich memorial near the old airport too?

ciderman9000000

Baz will award one of his food-blenders to anyone who can find the taxi which SAF used to kidnap Berbatov from the airport.

decorativeed

So, I know a few people downloaded this a few months back. Anyone use it?

Also, I'm trying to find out the location of the New Islington Hall where the pivotal meating of 1902 took place. Obviously it was in the Ancoats area, but does anyone know where exactly?

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
In the basement of Sankeys, so I'm told.

decorativeed

Really?! I suppose it is in the correct area. Only ever went there once. The bouncer was a right wanker!

Edit: I think I've just found the most irritating website in the world: Sankeys :: Welcome :mad:

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
I was only kidding, it's just the only place I know that's in Ancoats. And yeah, the bouncers are wankers!