£12m Edin Is New Tev

4everUtd

"But every single game I play [is a highlight
MANCHESTER UNITED have made Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko a potential £12million target to replace Carlos Tevez.

SOURCE : THE STAR

And even if Argentina’s Tevez finally completes a £32m move to Old Trafford, Sir Alex Ferguson could still pursue his interest in Dzeko, 23. The Tevez situation still appears to be deadlocked, with his loan period ending next month. But Fergie insisted: “I’m not discussing his future.” But in the meantime, United are eyeing Dzeko who has become one of the most wanted players in Europe. He has been a big success in Germany’s Bundesliga with Wolfsburg and is currently the top European scorer in the World Cup qualifying campaign, with seven goals for Bosnia-Herzegovina. Dzeko scored three times in Bosnia’s recent two matches against Belgium and in all has scored 12 goals in 17 matches for his country. His exciting form has also attracted interest from Arsenal, Portsmouth, Blackburn and Sunderland in the Premier League, plus Alex McLeish’s promotion-chasing Birmingham. Dzeko’s valuation has doubled in the last few months and United would be favourites to sign him if they step up their interest.

anyone know much about this guy,heard him linked with sunderland during the week alright,doubt there'll be much too it but another name to add to the apparent list of tevez replacements

Rahul

Sounds like a nifty player but the valuation of Tevez is wrong. I thought it was near £20 million for Tevez.

£32 million is absurd

noodlehair

"It's like..."
How is shite like this worthy of a place outside of the transfer forum?

evil_geko

Watched him quite a few times at Wolfsburg and he impressed me, his guarding of the ball is brilliant, great finishing, great heading and almost always produces something.

Jacob

Star of Boznia.. very good player, i think he would cut it in a bigger club.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Him and Grafite(and Mismovic) have been brilliant this season, arguably they're the best forward partnership in Europe this season.

Brwned

Nah, they've been making headlines all season really, quite a few on here know about them both.

Ekeke

Saw him and Grafite in one match a few weeks ago when someone posted about it on here.

I can remember that they were playing well together but I remember Grafite more than I remember Dzeko. Probably because he seemed more active and missed a few chances.

Nistelrooy10

Tin Foil Hatter
MANCHESTER UNITED have made Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko a potential £12million target to replace Carlos Tevez.

SOURCE : THE STAR

And even if Argentina’s Tevez finally completes a £32m move to Old Trafford, Sir Alex Ferguson could still pursue his interest in Dzeko, 23. The Tevez situation still appears to be deadlocked, with his loan period ending next month. But Fergie insisted: “I’m not discussing his future.” But in the meantime, United are eyeing Dzeko who has become one of the most wanted players in Europe. He has been a big success in Germany’s Bundesliga with Wolfsburg and is currently the top European scorer in the World Cup qualifying campaign, with seven goals for Bosnia-Herzegovina. Dzeko scored three times in Bosnia’s recent two matches against Belgium and in all has scored 12 goals in 17 matches for his country. His exciting form has also attracted interest from Arsenal, Portsmouth, Blackburn and Sunderland in the Premier League, plus Alex McLeish’s promotion-chasing Birmingham. Dzeko’s valuation has doubled in the last few months and United would be favourites to sign him if they step up their interest.

anyone know much about this guy,heard him linked with sunderland during the week alright,doubt there'll be much too it but another name to add to the apparent list of tevez replacements
better than Tevez, especially at that fee

unitedgogi

Very good player and would fit us well. Probably one of the best value-strikers around.

If Tevez is going, sign him up Fergie.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Isn't Tevez a free agent this summer?
Urm are you kidding or do you seriously not know that Tevez is owned by MSI and whoever decides to buy him will have to pay alot of money to them to buy him.. So he cannot really be a free agent as such because whoever purchases him will have to buy him out of his contract with MSI..

Nistelrooy10

Tin Foil Hatter
Have you seen much of him?
Not a lot, but fair bit.

Urm are you kidding or do you seriously not know that Tevez is owned by MSI and whoever decides to buy him will have to pay alot of money to them to buy him.. So he cannot really be a free agent as such because whoever purchases him will have to buy him out of his contract with MSI..
Does this mean he's got a lifetime contract with MSI or something? What has he done with his career ffs?

Brwned

You reckon he'd fit in here Nistelrooy?

I think he'd still be a massive risk.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Does this mean he's got a lifetime contract with MSI or something? What has he done with his career ffs?
TBH I have no fecking clue about that.. But honestly I cannot see why anyone would enter into such a contract in the first place.. I mean I know there would be a few upsides to it but considering all the shit him and Mascherano have put West ham through I wonder is it really worth it?

Nistelrooy10

Tin Foil Hatter
You reckon he'd fit in here Nistelrooy?

I think he'd still be a massive risk.
TBH, I don't know. He's a superb player. Reminds me a bit of Ruud. It seems like he can score any way he wants. But he's still improving and can definitely get better. I've only seen him play for the country, since I only get to see Bundesliga highlights and not full games. So it's hard to judge whether he'd fit with United, but might be worth the punt at that price.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
I said he'd make a big move in the summer. Didn't think he'd be linked with us though.

I'm in two minds about this story to be honest, I really rate this kid but I also have a man crush on Tevez.

HsJ

Great goal, but :lol: at the commentator
:lol: bloody hell, imagine him commentating on todays game.

And was that Fellaini with the braided hair!? Why didn't he keep them...looks better than that toilet brush he has on his head at the moment. Its ridiculous

Name Changed

weso26
I'd prefer that we sign up Tevez. There is nothing wrong with what we have. And with Macheda and Welbeck coming through, things look rosey in the garden.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
We've been linked with him for a little while now, the rumour mill picked up again a few weeks ago. It seems like this lad might just be on his way out, and he looks like a tidy player.

unitedgogi

Rooney, Berbatov, Macheda (when he matures a bit) and Dzeko would be a fantastic strike-force in terms of options. Much better balanced than what we have got now.

Tevez is a good player, no doubt about that. He is however a similar option to what we have got in Rooney. And he doesn't combine very well with Berbatov. A trio of Tev, Roo and Berba isn't a balanced strike-force.

buckooo1978

Rooney, Berbatov, Macheda (when he matures a bit) and Dzeko would be a fantastic strike-force in terms of options. Much better balanced than what we have got now.

Tevez is a good player, no doubt about that. He is however a similar option to what we have got in Rooney. And he doesn't combine very well with Berbatov. A trio of Tev, Roo and Berba isn't a balanced strike-force.
good post

great finish in that clip - you tube can make lots of players look good tho - has anyone watched him on a regular basis? that finish reminded me of ole in his pomp

i do agree we are a bit unbalanced up top and missing someone really direct, someone with pace and heading ability would be good too

we never really replaced saha and i think with rooney, tevez and berbatov as strikers we are fannying about a bit too much - the patient approach is all well and good in europe but in the premiership you have to be more direct

if tevez goes i hope we get someone who fits the bill....

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things

No Welbeck?

Makki

QUITTER
freguson y u rest the ginger prawn hes most import
I like the original article: United will sign Gecko as Tevez's replacement. However, even if they sign Tevez they'll go after Gecko, so he's not actually a replacement for anyone, we just made that up so people would be interested in reading this piece of crap.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
If Tevez goes I would think SAF will look for an established striker.

We already have Campbell coming back from loan, and with Wellbeck, and Macheda also needing a few games to help their development, I doubt we will too pay much for potential, if anything.