£12M for Woodgate

van nistlehorse

Man Utd to offer Newcastle £12M for Woodgate
tribalfootball.com - May 15, 2004

Manchester United are ready to make a £12 million bid for Newcastle defender Jonathan Woodgate.
The Sun says the Newcastle centre-half wants a move following the Toon's failure to qualify for the Champions League.

A switch to United would see Woody renew his defensive partnership with former Leeds pal Rio Ferdinand.

United manager Alex Ferguson has a £40m transfer kitty earmarked for a summer spending spree.

there is no doubt that woodgate is muq the down side is he is injury prone i think we should go for woody or andrade

gulli_G

we don't want racist scums like him they can stay at newcastle or got the dippers. :mad:

MishkiN

I always got the impression that he was in with the wrong crowd. Let's face it, on this pitch Woodgate has never been as dsigraceful as that prick Bowyer. He seems to have sorted himself out and he's kept out of trouble. We could do much worse.

thoward

It's not a lisp!
Class player but very injury prone. Not sure that a central defender is a major priority for Sir Alex. But potentially Rio and Woodgate could be the greatest partnership in club football worldwide.

EZee

thoward said:
Class player but very injury prone. Not sure that a central defender is a major priority for Sir Alex. But potentially Rio and Woodgate could be the greatest partnership in club football worldwide.
I agree we have enough CB's... we dont need woodgate.

Rio
Silvestre
Brown
O'shea

Keane or Neville can play there if needed and spector/mcshane/bardsley coming through the ranks.

a young fullback would be nice... maxwell (if he could get a work permit) Hinkle, Evre, Samuel,

as for the best centreback partnerhip in world football... AC will take some beating with Nesta and Stam... (Maldini and Cafu at full backs as well)

thoward

It's not a lisp!
EZee said:
I agree we have enough CB's... we dont need woodgate.

Rio
Silvestre
Brown
O'shea

Keane or Neville can play there if needed and spector/mcshane/bardsley coming through the ranks.

a young fullback would be nice... maxwell (if he could get a work permit) Hinkle, Evre, Samuel,

as for the best centreback partnerhip in world football... AC will take some beating with Nesta and Stam... (Maldini and Cafu at full backs as well)
Nesta and Stam will be class no doubt. But Stam is nearly 32 so it might not be the best for too long. I would say they will be the bset though for perhaps 1,2 years though.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
gulli_G said:
we don't want racist scums like him they can stay at newcastle or got the dippers. :mad:
Was it ever proven he is actually racist? I somehow doubt he is, probably hanging around the wrong type of people more than anything.

giggzy

The Fatter Bryan Robson
JazzG said:
Was it ever proven he is actually racist? I somehow doubt he is, probably hanging around the wrong type of people more than anything.

Heard he's a right wanker, away from the game.

Good CB tho'.

Pikey72

Rio/Woody partnership wud be quality. It wud create competition for places which is good. Silvestre cud go to left bak where he is better IMO as if he makes a mistake (like fannying about with ball) we wont get punished on the left as much.