£135m for Cristiano Ronaldo

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Manchester City plan £135m bid for Cristiano Ronaldo

Manchester City's new billionaire owners are planning a world-record £135m bid for Cristiano Ronaldo in the January transfer window before turning their sights to, among others, Fernando Torres of Liverpool and Cesc Fábregas of Arsenal. "Ronaldo has said he wants to play for the biggest club in the world, so we will see in January if he is serious," said Dr Sulaiman Al-Fahim, of the Abu Dhabi United Group.

Al-Fahim also re-iterated that he would investigate the potential availability of the former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry, Valencia's David Villa and the former Brazil international Ronaldo to join Robinho in a "dream team" that would be able to challenge for the Champions League within two or three years.

However, he identified United's Ronaldo as the biggest challenge for the billionaire tycoons, backed by members of the United Arab Emirates royal family, who have taken control of the club from Thaksin Shinawatra. "Real Madrid were estimating his value at $160m (£90m) but for a player like that, to actually get him, will cost a lot more; I would think $240m (£135m). But why not? We are going to be the biggest club in the world, bigger than both Real Madrid and Manchester United."

In all probability, City's chances of persuading Ronaldo to forget about moving to Real Madrid and decide instead to swap Old Trafford for Eastlands - or 'Middle Eastlands', as some City fans have started referring to it - are, at best, miniscule. Yet City's remarkable signing of Robinho from Real Madrid, for a British record £32.5m, just before Sunday's transfer deadline has already sent shockwaves through the sport, and Al-Fahim insisted the club would be willing to pay United three times the world transfer record, set in 2001 when Zinedine Zidane moved from Juventus to Real Madrid. "We want a team who can win the Champions League," he added.

Al-Fahim also confirmed that Torres and Fábregas were among his targets as City look to bring in a "minimum 18" players. "We're not just going to spend money on anyone, but if we can get the biggest players in the world, and of course if the manager wants them, then we will get them," he said.

Robinho arrived in London on Tuesday for a brief meeting with Mark Hughes to conclude the transfer - even though he has yet to take the usually routine medical examination - before flying out to join up with the Brazil national squad for Monday's World Cup qualifier against Chile. The 24-year-old has agreed a four-year contract that makes him the highest-paid footballer in the history of the game, with a weekly salary of £160,000.

Ronaldo could conceivably be offered twice that amount but it could also be argued that City's pursuit of the twice footballer-of-the-year also demonstrates a degree of naivety on the part of the new owners. United's reaction was one of bemusement, a spokesman saying "we have made it clear all summer that Cristiano is not for sale".

What a fecking wanker.

Rudie

Mentary
Villa, Brazilian Ronaldo, our Ronaldo, Torres, Fábregas, Kaka, Henry, Robinho, has anyone told him that a football team can only play 11 players.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
This is fecking crazy.

I can seriously see them making a £180-£200 million bid for him. Money seems no object and he is the number one star in the world right now.

There is no way in hell we would turn down a bid of that size.

Aporkalypse

Even more need for Fergie and our lads to keep their mouths shut about transfer targets, lest these twats roll in with a massive bid.

mjs020294

Well there are fifteen Arabs with more moeny so lets hope one of them buys out the Glazers.

redtilded121

this is great news coz when he eventually goes to real we will get top dollar as we will accept cities offer ,its known as doing a berba.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Well there are fifteen Arabs with more moeny so lets hope one of them buys out the Glazers.
This is why i have no worry regarding our debt. If (:nervous:) Uncle Glaze did take us under then we'd be snapped up by some multi-billionaire in no time.

redmad

I think the isssue is that they are a consortium whose combined wealth dwarfs even Abramovich,s individual fortune considerably.

AlwaysRedwood

Ronaldo's going away soon anyway, may as well make a ridiculous profit.

I'd hold out for 150.

bergen

Author of gayest thread 07/08
I think the isssue is that they are a consortium whose combined wealth dwarfs even Abramovich,s individual fortune considerably.
He means there are more wealthy arabs around, that are not part of this consortium.

redmad

He means there are more wealthy arabs around, that are not part of this consortium.
Yeah did get that. But point i was making is however wealthy they are they wont be able to compete with that lot as its not just the token owner. They have untold wealth.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
not. for. sale. to. Manchester. city.

Ronaldo wouldn't even want to go there which is half of the battle won, he'd only leave to go to spain so if we accepted a bid from city we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot as it'd just give him reason to ask for a transfer to madrid or barcelona.

There are so many reasons why it'd never happen

end of story

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
I am now convinced that this is all a big wind up. I'm expecting it to be part of an Emirate game show, and that City's new owner is actually the Arabic version of Jeremy fecking Beadle.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
not. for. sale. to. Manchester. city.

Ronaldo wouldn't even want to go there which is half of the battle won, he'd only leave to go to spain so if we accepted a bid from city we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot as it'd just give him reason to ask for a transfer to madrid or barcelona.

There are so many reasons why it'd never happen

end of story

No problem, they would happily move the City there. Manchester City CF

padzilla

Hipster
How long before the city takeover bid falls through and they are left with egg on their faces.

VII

Doubt there's anybody wealthier than the Abu Dhabi royal family or even wanna go head to head with them. They can buy all the football clubs in England and Spain with their bank interest alone.

reddev07

:lol:

Even if we accept, which I am not sure we will because there is no way Fergie will allow Ronaldo to be sold to Man City, Ronaldo is not going to want to go to a mid table team in the UEFA cup

Redfighter

Officially gullible
At the secret training camp for United Militia
These Arabs seems to be forgetting something, something which has influenced the decisions of many foreign players. You can give players all the money in the world, it's still fecking cold and miserable up here.

It's most just money is lifestyle, one of the non-footballing reasons Ronaldo wants to go to Madrid.

A Spanish Villa or a Flat by the Ship Canal.

I love Manchester, but it ain't for everyone.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
They are totally deluded. Kaka, Torres, Berbatov, Fabregas... do they actually think it's only about getting all the superstar players? It's more than just buying players. They could all turn shit if none of them want to do the dirty work.

Aporkalypse

These Arabs seems to be forgetting something, something which has influenced the decisions of many foreign players. You can give players all the money in the world, it's still fecking cold and miserable up here.

It's most just money is lifestyle, one of the non-footballing reasons Ronaldo wants to go to Madrid.

A Spanish Villa or a Flat by the Ship Canal.

I love Manchester, but it ain't for everyone.
These chaps are from the UAE don't forget, home of over-the-top building projects, they'll build a big climate controlled dome over Eastlands and the surrounding area for players to live and play in if need be.

Redfighter

Officially gullible
At the secret training camp for United Militia
They are totally deluded. Kaka, Torres, Berbatov, Fabregas... do they actually think it's only about getting all the superstar players? It's more than just buying players. They could all turn shit if none of them want to do the dirty work.
Exactly. City have a good youth system, that'll all go to shit when all the foreign players come in. What happens to players like Johnson, Sturridge and Ireland who have come through the youth system.

You don't just go out and buy a team full of stars and hope they gel. They'll have a team of mercenaries.

I'm surprised at Hughes going along with this. City was his chance to show how well he could do at building a team, with good financial backing yes, but a team of his own choice. He certainly didn't ask for Robinho did he? Once the owners start buying stars left right and centre all Hughes will be is a coach, not a manager. He won't be top of his club like Fergie.

Has watching us do things the right way not taught anyone anything.

Nucks

RT History Department
Why would Ronaldo want to go to City, they have the worst weather in Manchester.
Lebron James said he would go to Greece to play professional basketball for 50m a year.

If City offered to buy Ronaldo for 135m we'd sell. If they offered him an absurd contract, he'd go.

That's all there is to it. You'd go to. Anyone would go. If they offered you a couple million to become a City fan I bet you'd do that too.

This doesn't mean they will be successful, but I'd say its a pretty good indication that the big 4 is either about to become the big 5 or Liverpool is fecked.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
Lebron James said he would go to Greece to play professional basketball for 50m a year.

If City offered to buy Ronaldo for 135m we'd sell. If they offered him an absurd contract, he'd go.

That's all there is to it. You'd go to. Anyone would go. If they offered you a couple million to become a City fan I bet you'd do that too.

This doesn't mean they will be successful, but I'd say its a pretty good indication that the big 4 is either about to become the big 5 or Liverpool is fecked.
The scousers are in trouble
We would sell
I would pretend to be a City fan for 2 million, but I could never be. Because I am United through and through it would not be possible.
I am however sure that I could pretend to be one for 2 million. But I would always celebrate United beating City.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Why would Ronaldo want to go to City, they have the worst weather in Manchester.
Since his train passes only once, he will have to walk it and City are closer to United then Real.

Rednails

I'd love to know what Calderon is thinking right now. Having just got £32mil in the piggy bank towards the Ronaldo fee, he now realises that he'll never be able to outbid the arabs. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: