£20m Summer Transfer Budget

Jezpeza

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...gs-list-targets-prepares-summer-clearout.html

Claims United have informed agents that they will only have a transfer budget as low as £20m if they fail to qualify for the Champions League (which is almost certain)
i read an article somewhere where it was suggested clubs have a ‘playing budget’ which encapsulates wages and transfer fees. So pogba leaving adds 15m back on. It may be that there will only be 20m cash made available but with some sales and the players out of contract theres probably significantly more budget available

Acquire Me

Write a negative story about United, quote ‘sources at the club’, rinse & repeat.
It’s an great recipe. United give you the most clicks and page views, so you need stories. When it’s not anything to write, you just write something true or false, preferably false since you can gain more clicks and views that way. Something negative, provocative og idiotic will give more clicks and views than neutral, so neutral and even happy news is not good enough.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He is a clueless journalist. He has already started with the "Players are not happy".

I am not sure if you saw it, I read somewhere he said Ajax players are not happy that Blind is being picked because of his name, same will happen with Ronaldo.
Yeah I've just seen that one. Isn't he a key player for them? Like he has an in on the Ajax dressing room.

Same journalist who had his own negative spin on what was going on in our dressing room after after every defeat.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Anything less than 200m would be a disaster, given that there will be a no of players leaving in the summer, and we have a shite team anyway.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Even if it were true, it's probably just United signalling we won't be taken for mugs this window. We'll give ten Hag a substantial budget, how else would he mould the team in his image?

Blood Mage

Obvious bullshit. I expect us to stick to our 3 signings per summer rule but we'll definitely be spending 100mil minimum.

romufc

Yeah I've just seen that one. Isn't he a key player for them? Like he has an in on the Ajax dressing room.

Same journalist who had his own negative spin on what was going on in our dressing room after after every defeat.
Yup, he is playing well as well but he is the same journalists who keeps saying United players think training is too hard.

He works for the Daily Mail so should tell you all you need to know.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
To be fair, this is what I’d be telling other parties as well. We must’ve learned our lesson since that time Woodward bragged to everyone about the size of our warchest.

Dante

Average bang
Good. Woodward's policy of blindly throwing money at every problem is what's got us to where we are today.

The club needs to change the way it buys players. The focus should be on unknown youngsters with hunger, instead of veteran celebrities with nothing left to prove.

It also need to change the way it sells players. The insistence on extending player contracts in order to preserve Balance Sheet asset value has got us into huge amounts of trouble over the years. Whereas Pep can afford to buy and sell a dozen fullbacks until he finds the right one, United managers get stuck with just one who they can't ever move on to release funds.

It's ridiculous that United managers are expected to have a transfer success rate of 100%. Nobody in football is over about 60%, and even the best struggle to get over 50%. If we can get better at trading in and out, those pressures will begin to ease.

A smaller transfer budget will give the powers-that-be the right impetus to fix all the above. Though I'm sure the actual number is bigger than £20m.

Dazzmondo

You'd think journalists would at least try to be clever with their bs. This guy's just an idiot

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
We can do things in the transfer market that other clubs can only dream about - Woodward.

We may aswell try and get relegated to take advantage of those baloon payments.
Also Woodward “So for your Salary you are asking for £150k hmmm.. that seems quite reasonable. Here’s £300k”

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Its not true. We're likely clearing out €1mil a week in wages and we've always given managers money at the start. And we just need a bunch of players. Especially with the Greenwood thing, that's a 100m asset reduced to 0 overnight with no replacement.

JuriM

Old but gold in this theme - it's good that we have evolved from it. If the right player our manager wants comes to light, we'll find the money we need.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Kamara on a free, Mazraoui on a free, Belotti on a free, randomly chosen young right winger we can play on the left £20m, sorted.

JuriM

Like we found the money for that CDM Ole wanted last summer after we blew our remaining budget on Ronaldo? Hmmm….
Nice agenda poster - Ronaldo came to light on the last days of the transfer window and was acted on without any hesitation - as we had already said before that we had ended with all our transfer business.

So Ronaldo was a prime example that, we can get over the line in any deal that we really want to. But splashing 150 on Declan Rice isn't gonna happen as it's insane.

laughtersassassin

It won't be 20 million but I do think it's very likely we have a worse team next year in paper than what we have now.

Giggsy13

Obvious bullshit. I expect us to stick to our 3 signings per summer rule but we'll definitely be spending 100mil minimum.
This is a reasonable expectation. I’d say 1 or 2 signings on a free as well. The free transfer market has some decent quality.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
i love how after all the talk of ETH asking for assurances about the transfer budget, they come up with this crap

DevilRed

Well at least we are finally learning something.

Imagine boasting about your transfer capabilities when you're purely a buying club.

Oh wait. Ed woodward said we can do things in the transfer market that other clubs can only dream of.

fecking amateur.

Leading us to be fleeced for the next 8 years.

ThemanGiggsy

Classic crap speculation.

claim United only have 20 million to spend and then name players being watched and considered, all of which are.....over 20 million.

make it make sense

Infra-red

We don't have megamillions to spend, but I'd be expecting a net spend of £75m or so.

£20m would be rather low, given that we won't recoup much in sales.

RedDevilRoshi

Looks like we are going to be spunking all that £20M summer budget on Steven Bergwijn

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Total oversimplification of the likely situation.
If there's a grain of truth in the story it will be

Incoming

Transfer Fees
Salaries off the books
Savings from selling clubs reducing their asking prices as United not now appearing to be "wadded" in view of likely reduced income

Outgoing

Reduced Transfer spend
Reduced wages offered to new recruits and contract renewals.

In my view as an outsider it will be beneficial for United to step back from their "Galactico" style recent policy. Assuming ETH joins you he will surely do better with a squad of hungry, driven players about to enter their prime rather than the highly regarded peacocks that you've mostly been attracting in recent years.

The headline figure sounds piddling but I think it's a smart message to put out there.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
If true it's likely to be 20m of new money on top of Salaries off the books and Incoming fees.
Nothing to see here.