£25m Tevez Is Fergie Target To Replace Van

Balloonless

£25M TEVEZ IS FERGIE TARGET TO REPLACE VAN
FOOTBALL SPY EXCLUSIVE Mirror Sport No.1 FOR THE BIG STORIES
By Martin Lipton, Chief Football Writer
MANCHESTER UNITED were placed on red alert last night after long-term transfer target Carlos Tevez announced he planned to quit Brazil for a move to Europe.

Argentine World Cup hitman Tevez is demanding a move after falling out with new Corinthians coach and former Brazil goalkeeper Emerson Leao.

The South American striker, 22, has made it clear he wants to come to Europe, with United and Bayern Munich favourites to sign the forward as Chelsea are not interested in a bidding war for the £25millionrated front-man.

Advertisement

Old Trafford chief Sir Alex Ferguson still seeks a replacement for Ruud van Nistelrooy after Inter Milan's U-turn over allowing Brazilian ace Adriano to leave.

And United fan Tevez, dubbed "The Apache" and "The Bull" due to his aggressive playing style, would fit the bill.

Tevez, stripped of the Corinthians captaincy by Leao as he does not speak Portuguese, demanded a transfer after the weekend win over Botafogo.

The 22-year-old striker announced: "This may have been my last game in the Corinthians shirt.

"I would like to stay but I have to think about what is better for me and my family."

His agent Adrian Ruocco confirmed: "Carlos wants to go to Europe."

When Corinthians signed Tevez in 2004, he attended a press conference wearing a United shirt and has never hidden interest in playing for the Red Devils.

Alan Smith gave United an additional boost last night when he played 66 minutes for the reserves in a first outing since breaking a leg.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/tm_objectid=17601091%26method=full%26siteid=94762%26headline=%2dpound%2d25m%2dtevez%2***%2dfergie%2dtarget%2dto%2dreplace%2dvan-name_page.html

Can they not think of a new player and be original with this bollox? :rolleyes:

ryan_forlan

Gullible
am not sure many would like the price tag.but i think he deserves every bit of the amount of that price. but i think he should come cheaper. saha will be shel-shocked if he comes and we stick to the 4 4 2 formation.
dont see it happenin though, not this month, sorry...but i rate it as transfer bollox!

Cold_Boy

I am worried this will not happen.
But beleive me we will miss out next best player in the world.
Tevez is really under-rated by the cafe members here.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
i know!!he's class.he's a bull in there,great close control, and a good shot.
some people are not too excited by him cause he is similar to rooooon...i know thats true...but would take him anyway..am sure they will manage...just too biased towards him.:D

Cold_Boy

i love to see brazilian football and have watched tevez and mascherano play for corinthians atleast a 20 times.
They are going to be the next best players in the world.

bbest

The Caf's worst songwriter
will tevez be outmuscled by the players from the premier league and get overwhemled by the pace of the play?

Dreaded

Don't think we need him. We should wait until jan or next summer and get torres

032Devil

bbest said:
will tevez be outmuscled by the players from the premier league and gets overwhemled by the pace of the play?
I doubt it. He's built like an ox.

He's no Veron.

WAZZA-UP

... And United fan Tevez, dubbed "The Apache" and "The Bull" due to his aggressive playing style, would fit the bill.

Tevez, stripped of the Corinthians captaincy by Leao as he does not speak Portuguese, demanded a transfer after the weekend win over Botafogo.

The 22-year-old striker announced: "This may have been my last game in the Corinthians shirt.

"I would like to stay but I have to think about what is better for me and my family."

His agent Adrian Ruocco confirmed: "Carlos wants to go to Europe."

When Corinthians signed Tevez in 2004, he attended a press conference wearing a United shirt and has never hidden interest in playing for the Red Devils.

... At least he's a United fan, how funny is it him turning up to his new press conference in a United shirt.. anyone got a picture of his original press conference? .. I know it may be the papers but there are certainly positive signs within this :D

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
bbest said:
will tevez be outmuscled by the players from the premier league and gets overwhemled by the pace of the play?
Certainly wouldn't be outmuscled. He's probably not quite as strong as Rooney, but he'd be close. Whether he'd be able to handle the pace or not, he may take a little while to get into the rythem but I can't see him not adjusting.

Basically, between the two strikers they we keep getting linked to, I rate Tevez as a better player (I see him up there with Rooney and Messi) and as more likely to suit the physical style of the premiership than Torres. For any other club in the premiership, with the possible exception of Spurs, I'd see Tevez as a better signing. It's just that we've got Rooney, and then Rossi, Smith and Ole who are all generally better in behind the main striker. Wheras we've only got Saha, who's had regular injuries, who is natural at leading the line.

In saying that, I certainly wouldn't say no to Tevez if we can get him for cheap. £25m for a player who is out of contract in January and is desperate to leave is not what I call cheap.

SiYuan

Cafe Grandmaster 2008
Think he might do it well here.

He's a great talent at 22 *if i am not wrong*

And now, him wanting to move out, the fans not wanting him anymore.

This is a great opportunity for us to poach.

Balloonless

MadDogg said:
Certainly wouldn't be outmuscled. He's probably not quite as strong as Rooney, but he'd be close. Whether he'd be able to handle the pace or not, he may take a little while to get into the rythem but I can't see him not adjusting.

Basically, between the two strikers they we keep getting linked to, I rate Tevez as a better player (I see him up there with Rooney and Messi) and as more likely to suit the physical style of the premiership than Torres. For any other club in the premiership, with the possible exception of Spurs, I'd see Tevez as a better signing. It's just that we've got Rooney, and then Rossi, Smith and Ole who are all generally better in behind the main striker. Wheras we've only got Saha, who's had regular injuries, who is natural at leading the line.

In saying that, I certainly wouldn't say no to Tevez if we can get him for cheap. £25m for a player who is out of contract in January and is desperate to leave is not what I call cheap.
Hi is not out of contract in January, MSI have an option to keep him for a further 2 years (from December).

SiYuan

Cafe Grandmaster 2008
Chelsea manager José Mourinho saw Tévez in action against River Plate during the Copa Libertadores in 05/04/2006, but has played down the transfer speculation linking Tévez with Chelsea. However Chelsea would offer Corinthians a sum of between £12 million and £60 million, but Corinthians stuck a minimum release clause of about £68 million on Carlitos. Corinthians investor Kia Joorabchian has said Tévez is very happy at the club and he would be sold in 4-5 years time. It is alleged that he would prefer to join Manchester United if he were to move to England. This was confirmed when Tevez was spotted wearing a Manchester United shirt whilst training with Corinthians. There are many rumours saying Tevez will come to Manchester United as they are a club out for a striker with Ruud Van Nistelrooy gone to Real Madrid.

Balloonless

SiYuan said:
Think he might do it well here.

He's a great talent at 22 *if i am not wrong*

And now, him wanting to move out, the fans not wanting him anymore.

This is a great opportunity for us to poach.
I agree, I am getting bored of all this pointless speculation, but I do believe he is a United fan and is very close with Heinze

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
86RedBalloons said:
Hi is not out of contract in January, MSI have an option to keep him for a further 2 years (from December).
I'm fairly certainly Tevez would have to agree also. And it's obvious he's not going to.

SiYuan said:
However Chelsea would offer Corinthians a sum of between £12 million and £60 million
Between £12 and £60m? :lol:

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
86RedBalloons said:
I agree, I am getting bored of all this pointless speculation, but I do believe he is a United fan and is very close with Heinze
He's not a United fan. He wore a United shirt at a press conference once but he claimed that was because Nike gave him gear like that (it may also have been a warning to his club).

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I just dont see where he would fit in. He either plays as a 2nd striker (Rooney's position) or he comes from the wings (Giggs, Park, Ronaldo). For an out and out striker he's too small, and Fergie knows that. So dont get your hopes up, we wont sign him

DA2

Michel04 said:
I just dont see where he would fit in. He either plays as a 2nd striker (Rooney's position) or he comes from the wings (Giggs, Park, Ronaldo). For an out and out striker he's too small, and Fergie knows that. So dont get your hopes up, we wont sign him

Agreed - he isnt a lront line striker which is what we need. No denying tho he is a very good footballer, and quite ugly so he'd fit right in, in our team!!

p_ps_sock

86RedBalloons said:
His contract runs out in december with a 3 year option if both parties agree

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Too simialar to Rooney. Im not aware of whether he like Rooney likes to drop deep and run things. That would be a problem. We already have Rossi who's also a similar player. Secondly, Saha is doing so well right now. We really do need another midfielder, whereas i dont think a striker is necissary.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Too simialar to Rooney. Im not aware of whether he like Rooney likes to drop deep and run things. That would be a problem. We already have Rossi who's also a similar player. Secondly, Saha is doing so well right now. We really do need another midfielder, whereas i dont think a striker is necissary.

nme_pro

Fresh from newbieville
With the likes of Ronaldo, Scholes and Giggs in our midfield, an out and out striker might not be entirely necessary.
He looked to be good at holding the ball up, which would give these players a bit more time to get forward.

With Rooney, Smith and Tevez, we would have the most feared attack on the planet.

Tevez would be a good buy. However I would pick Torres ahead of him for our team. It can be said that he is too similar to Rooney, which is true. We need more of an out and out striker. Ideal requirements would be someone young, tall, strong, fast, skillful and deadly. Torres is all of that.

Still, we are not completely covered up front so Tevez would certainly help us out there.

p_ps_sock

tevez didn't turn up for training yesterday

Carlos Tevez not al was presented training of the Corinthians

The forward one should go today al Park Sao Jorge but not even called to explain its absence. Yesterday, after the triumph before Botafogo, had said that perhaps was its last party in the Timao. Sports

Where is Carlos Tevez? The forward one he was not presented today with the remainder of the staff of the Corinthians in the Park São Jorge, and according to the direction of the club paulista, that his location he wants to know, did not he communicate the motives of his absence.

After the victory of the Timao for 1 to 0 on Botafogo (central of Tevez, goal of Nadson) the Apache declared that would be able to have been its last party in Brazil. Besides, Friday last, its representative, Adrián Ruocco, had declared that the forward one wants to be gone to Europe.

The romance of Carlitos with the Corinthians had a peak last year when the club gained the title in the Brasileirao, but since then comes in backward movement due to the bad results of the team, that is too much near the zone of descent. And it suffered a hard blow July 22, when the supporters paulistas attacked its car in the stadium Morumbí, after the tie 2 to 2 with Fortress.

Last night the novel had another chapter when the flaming technician of the club, Emerson Leão –who the headquarters removed him- affirmed that does not authorize the exit of Tevez and Mascherano for the friendly one with Brazil, that will be played September 3 in London.

The certain thing is that the relation between the player and the club passes for its worse moment. According to the sports newspaper Throw, the Milan studies to hire to Tévez, like alternative if does not obtain to Ronaldo, of the Real Madrid. But the the British fund of investments MSI, that sponsors al Corinthians, contradicted any possibility that there be a transfer.

"Not to have swum truly. I do not know totally some thing in that sense. Only I knew about that unpleasant surprise after what told the reporters", he declared today Paulo Angioni, director of the MSI in Brazil. "I believe that is a totally inopportune moment for his exit due to the situation in which is the club", stated. With 19 points in eighteen parties, the Corinthians occupies the position 17 of the general classification of the brazilian Championship, that dispute twenty clubs.

To finish today the season, would fall to the second division along with the Athletic one Paranaense (18), the Botafogo (19) and the Holy Cross (20).
http://www.clarin.com/diario/2006/08/21/um/m-01256678.htm

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Wow. That's really frustrating to read! Google translations :p .

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Anywhere around 15 million and we should sign him regardless of if we need him..

Players of his age and talent do not come along much...

WAZZA-UP

Britalian said:
lol make me laugh you lot, how can you complain that someone like Tevez may join us, you wont be complaining if if scores to against the dippers, jesus...come to United Carlos!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK2ucVW6BKY&mode=related&search=
Great video... looks a class act on this youtube. I know they always show the best bits. But in the 8 min preview. He scores 1 on 1's, goals inside and outside the box, free kicks, bicycle kicks. Shows composure, he's willing to fight for the ball, .. and his dance is better than the Robo-Crouch :lol: