£25m Tevez Is Fergie Target To Replace Van

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I'm not going to pretend I watch Corinthians play week-in-week-out :lol:. But I did see him play a lot in the World Cup, and he looked fantastic, certainly packed quite a shot.

He's a brilliant player, and our squad could always do with players of his calibre. I just cant help but think that our team functions better with a more fluid, Saha type striker up front. I still feel he could play this role quite well, despite it not being his strong point.

A question though, would we rather have Tevez now, or Torres this time next year ? :) I legitimately think we have a chance to win the title this year, but we're doing well so far....so, to be honest, I dont know.

mattsville

Who knows what our transfer budget is, one thing is for sure, we have not touched it yet. We spent £14m on Carrick and £2.5m on Kuschak. We got £10m for RVN and £6m for Mikel. All square, so whatever wad that was made available by the Glazers is still there. There may very well be enough to sign both Hargreaves and Tevez, if we are into Tevez. If we are it is encouraging that United have a place in his heart, remember he wore our jersey to a press conference the last time he was in a dispute, quality.

Number7

Ret's Slave
Amir said:
It's quite obviously a WUM, thank god, because there's no point in signing him at all.
While I'm certain he isn't signing, I don't think it'd pointless signing him.

So what if he's similar to Rooney? 2 'Rooneys' in a team are obviously better than the 1.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I for one believe that Tevez, Ronaldo and Rooney trio would be even more unstoppable than well-known Barca's trio. There would be so much movement in them that it would be literally impossible to stop them, no matter how good you are.

However, I'd like to point out that we aren't even sure that this quotes are true.

Amir

Number7 said:
So what if he's similar to Rooney? 2 'Rooneys' in a team are obviously better than the 1.
On paper, it is. But if both take similar positions, if both constantly want the ball to do something with it, it could be a problem. THere's nothing wrong with having two players of Rooney's talent, but you'd need them to play different positions.

Number7

Ret's Slave
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx...lid=1&lid=&title=Agent:+Tevez+set+for+England

"Tevez is very close to moving to an English club," said Rucco.

A host of clubs from Europe are interested in Tevez, with Milan and Bayern Munich also linked.

But Corinthians director Humberto Grondona confirmed that they were under the impression Rucco was setting up a move to England.

"I am convinced that Carlos will go away to some European league," Grondona told La Nacion.

"His representative, Adrian Rucco, was in Rome three days ago and now he has gone to England to look for a club for him."

Reports in France have already stated that Rennes have made contact with Chelsea about the possibility of taking Tevez on loan, should The Blues sign him and decide to let him leave immediately.
Is that Chelsea line in the final sentence a typo?

Wembley Red

93, 94, 96, 97, 99, 00, 01, 03, 07, 08, 09...10
If tevez was to come, i can see rooney and him working well together. Rooney is a complete forward and can track back or play right up front. Tevez can do the same. I couold see them switching positions in the game, just like our wingers do so well. That would be some good shit to watch!!!

Number7

Ret's Slave
Amir said:
On paper, it is. But if both take similar positions, if both constantly want the ball to do something with it, it could be a problem. THere's nothing wrong with having two players of Rooney's talent, but you'd need them to play different positions.
That's true but it'd be something that could be worked on as they got used to playing with each other.

It's not important anyway...he won't be coming to us.

Sarni

I doubt Tevez is foolish enough to move to Rennes, even for a year. It would be a wasted season for him.

Why exactly Rennes?

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Amir said:
Tevez has played every forward position for Boca espcially. He is more verstaille than Rooney and more comfortable all over the place. Namely on the flanks, as an attacking midfielder and as a target man. They would fit in the team together like a hand and a glove:D

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
when people say such and such can't play together etc keano and veron should have been the best central pairing in world football but they weren't so it's never as obvious as we think it should be. We may have an interest since the hargreaves business looks to have come to an abrupt end but you never know. I think he'd be a very very good bit of business. Tevez is young enough to. I think if we went for him Ole might be used on the right in effect one less forward

marcus agrippa

Number7 said:
That's true but it'd be something that could be worked on as they got used to playing with each other.

It's not important anyway...he won't be coming to us.
nothing to do with your post, mate. just had a look at your location. nice. was about to put that exact thing on mine.

great minds, eh?

(fools seldom differ:( ).

Drifter

American
Something tells me it is not the Renties.That leave us or the arse.

Number7

Ret's Slave
Drifter said:
Something tells me it is not the Renties.That leave us or the arse.
It won't be us.

Up until today we've been focusing on Hargreaves...and Gill is in Monaco.

Wes

Number7 said:
It won't be us.

yeah, he's in monaco tying up a two million deal for Ronaldinho and Messi.

I hate the way people think they can second guess all this, i haven't got a clue if it'll happen or not and the location of Gill means feck all really, even if you were right. The only question in all of this is do we want him?

YES!! Him and Rooney can play together, of course they can, ferguson will make some sort of system for them, and two great players like them will develop an understanding. From where i sit, Rooney's the cleverest positional player in the world, apparantly Tevez does the same type of thing, makes similar movements, opening up space etc. that i'd like to see..

Sarni

Man-United said:
Can Tevez and Rooney play together you think?
I believe they can, they are similar in terms of style, but so what? Ronaldo is similar to them too and I think that we could only benefit from partnership of this trio. I can't find any team that would have so much movement in their attack, and I don't buy argument of Tevez being unable to head the ball, thus being a unsuitable striker for us. If game demands that, we could put Saha in attack at some stage, it's not like Tevez arrival would make Saha disappear, is it?

I'm still sure that we won't buy Tevez.

Sarni

My scenario is that..

..we buy Tevez, put him in attack, play 4-2-4 with Tevez, Saha, Rooney and Ronaldo up front, put Scholes and Carrick behind them, Giggs and Evra as wing-backs, and outscore every opposition we have.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
To be honest i don't mind if he goes to Arsenal. I consider Arsenal too shit to bother us at moment. Especially if they keep Reyes, who's heart is obviously not in it for l'arse now. I just hope the Rennes rumours aren't true. Saviola moved to the French league and comes back linked with teams like Bolton.

Jacob

We don't want nor need Tevez. Saha is pure fecking class, and Tevez could not be benched. A pairing of Rooney and Tevez wouldn't work too well, they are both similar and we wouldn't have any fecking height upfront.

Wes

Jacob said:
We don't want nor need Tevez. Saha is pure fecking class, and Tevez could not be benched. A pairing of Rooney and Tevez wouldn't work too well, they are both similar and we wouldn't have any fecking height upfront.
nah, saha is first choice, but we're a bit light upfront. Solskjaer is no ninety minutes, Smith is very questionable and Rossi doesn't seem to be getting a look in.

i think tevez is certainly benchable, let him earn his place, he can work with rooney imo and we play the ball on the deck anyway. ronaldo's good in the air by the way

Jacob

Ronaldo's not a striker though is he? Rooney-Tevez must be the ugliest strikeforce in the world :lol:

DevilsOwn

Number7 said:
It won't be us.

That might be a blessing in disguise.. with him not around we may actually get a quality signing on board!! :devil:

KingEric7

Jacob said:
Ronaldo's not a striker though is he? Rooney-Tevez must be the ugliest strikeforce in the world :lol:
It was actually his natural position at Sporting i think. Throw Ronaldo and Torres into attack and i am sure others will think differently about our attack. :lol:

KingEric7

djemba's arse said:
He'll end up in Portsmouth or Bolton
Still another 20 or so years until he has to resort to that.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I just hope he doesnt go to Chelsea.

Well, actually I just hope we sign Tevez, and then Mascherano decides that he cannot bare to be away from him, and decides to sign with United too.

But thats probably not very likely :lol:.

Seriously though, I honestly feel Tevez would fit very well into our squad. He's not a priority, like a CM is, but as somebody pointed out, players of his quality dont come along all the time.

heffa

Big cow?
Sarni said:
I doubt Tevez is foolish enough to move to Rennes, even for a year. It would be a wasted season for him.

Why exactly Rennes?
Because they are the first one to get their arse into gear.

marcus agrippa

Sarni said:
My scenario is that..

..we buy Tevez, put him in attack, play 4-2-4 with Tevez, Saha, Rooney and Ronaldo up front, put Scholes and Carrick behind them, Giggs and Evra as wing-backs, and outscore every opposition we have.
i like it. classic Manchester United: attack! attack! attack!

it might even work in Europe. apparently, Ancelotti is particularly afraid of it.

:D

Outremangeur

WesBrownIsaGod said:
most likely milan imo.

thought so too...but now they just bought oliveira from betis.
i think i would be giggling for hours if we would end up buying this guy.
would be by far the best attacking force in the world.

heffa

Big cow?
Outremangeur said:
thought so too...but now they just bought oliveira from betis.
i think i would be giggling for hours if we would end up buying this guy.
would be by far the best attacking force in the world.
Bullshit there is one team in Spain who happens to be very good upfront.