£30m? I'll Make It Look A Bargain Says Wayne Rooney

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Zing is the "neutral", right? I've seen him post very few pro-United comments.
I'm probably just not looking hard enough.

hycool

CR7 fanboy
David M Donnell

WAYNE ROONEY believes his record-breaking £30million transfer fee will ultimately turn out to be a bargain for Manchester United.

Rooney's move from Everton to United made him the most expensive teenager in world football and the cocky 19-year-old England star is convinced he will prove a real snip.

"Obviously it's a lot of money and it's a lot of money for a player to be sold for," said Rooney.

"But I feel I'm capable of fulfilling my potential and hopefully in time it'll turn out to be a bargain for United. I just want to do the best I can and for the club to do the best they can."

Rooney's progress has been slow since he made an emphatic start to his United career with a spectacular hat-trick on his debut in the 6-2 win over Fenerbahce.

Since then he has scored just three Premiership goals and endured a torrid night with England in Spain when he was substituted fear he would be sent off. Rooney admitted he is still finding his way back to full fitness following his enforced 96-day lay-off with a broken foot he suffered in England's Euro 2004 quarter-final with Portugal.

But he insisted he is getting better with every game and is likely to return to the United starting line-up for tomorrow's Premiership visit of Southampton.

"I've still got a bit more to prove on my fitness and obviously I've got a bit more to prove on my game as well," said Rooney.

And although United trail Premiership leaders Chelsea by nine points despite their recent revival, Rooney insisted only a fool would write off Sir Alex Ferguson's side.

"I don't think we've been out of the title race," said Rooney.

"Obviously there's a gap that will be difficult to make up, but we'll always be knocking on the door.

"And if Chelsea or Arsenal slip up, hopefully we can take our chances and shorten the gap.

"Some people may have written us off, but this club have proved so often you should never write them off.

"We've got a good squad of players and we're always going to be in the title race. Everyone is just hoping we can do well for the rest of the season."
A legend in the making. Anyone betting against that?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoward View Post
It wasn't even £30 million. It could rise to £27 million.
True we forked out an initial £10million with £10million to follow in 12 months gaurunteed and the other £7million was dependant on future success.
It's typical media sensationalism. Overstate the fee to draw attention. I had heard/read the most the add-ons could be at this point is about 4m. Because the add-ons included club domestic and European performances.