£35m for Andy Carroll | On loan @ WHU (the big, long, useless streak of pi**...)

Skywarden

It's bizarre how there are people out there who rates him at those figure given the utter mediocrity he projects. Complete and total mockery.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I feel a bit sorry for him actually. As much as i laugh/we laugh at him i do think there is a good player in there. If he wasn't injured i would havehad him down for 15 PL goals this year.

Nogbadthebad

I feel a bit sorry for him actually. As much as i laugh/we laugh at him i do think there is a good player in there. If he wasn't injured i would havehad him down for 15 PL goals this year.

Why.

hes only scored 15 goals once in his entire career, and that was when Newcastle were by far the best side in the championship, and even then Nolan equaled his scoring record from the same team. He managed to outscore Charlie Adam in that league by a single goal.

He isnt the mythical 'typical english center forward' , and he never has been. He is big. He lacks every other attribute.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I completely agree with nogbad. We were utterly duped out of £35m, probably the worst duping in the history of the sport. There's no reason for other teams to be duped in the same way. Shows which way 'English' football is going despite what Dyke thinks.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Why.

hes only scored 15 goals once in his entire career, and that was when Newcastle were by far the best side in the championship, and even then Nolan equaled his scoring record from the same team. He managed to outscore Charlie Adam in that league by a single goal.

He isnt the mythical 'typical english center forward' , and he never has been. He is big. He lacks every other attribute.

11 in 18 for Newcastle when they first came into the PL. There is a good player in there for a side like West Ham which is basically set up for him. Fellaini managed to score 11 for us last year in a second striker position and he isn't even a good finisher to be fair.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Why.

A while back when he was playing for England, Townsend was frothing over him and the problem he was causing their defence. He was "winning everything in the air". I checked his stats and he won 7/11 airial challenges. I watched the highlights a bit later on and made a point of watching him. He did indeed win 7 airial challenges playing just in the hole... and not a single one made it to one of our players. Glanced on for a goal kick, straight to the opposition or into space that none of our players were attacking. He was basically doing the defenders job for them and because he was a big enough lump of shit to be first to the ball, Townsend was calling it a dominating performance.

Spoony

The People's President
11 in 18 for Newcastle when they first came into the PL. There is a good player in there for a side like West Ham which is basically set up for him. Fellaini managed to score 11 for us last year in a second striker position and he isn't even a good finisher to be fair.
Not sure 18 games prove that there's a good player in there. His career would suggest that it' was a purple patch. Andy Johnson scored plenty of goals for Palace a few seasons back but he wasn't particularly good...I doubt Carroll's any different.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
A while back when he was playing for England, Townsend was frothing over him and the problem he was causing their defence. He was "winning everything in the air". I checked his stats and he won 7/11 airial challenges. I watched the highlights a bit later on and made a point of watching him. He did indeed win 7 airial challenges playing just in the hole... and not a single one made it to one of our players. Glanced on for a goal kick, straight to the opposition or into space that none of our players were attacking. He was basically doing the defenders job for them and because he was a big enough lump of shit to be first to the ball, Townsend was calling it a dominating performance.

If you watch the match against Italy in the Euros when he came on the defenders just stopped marking him. He genuinely was doing their job for them.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Rumour has it he'll be forced to retire. There's a big argument to be made that West Ham paying £15m for him was worse than Liverpool paying £35m.

Getsme

Just rumours at the moment, all coming via twitter so probably bollocks.

M'n'M

"Keane will be awesome alongside Torres."
Rumour has it he'll be forced to retire. There's a big argument to be made that West Ham paying £15m for him was worse than Liverpool paying £35m.
I think that's a fair argument when you also consider they hadn't just received £50m for another almighty flop and only one day to spend it.

Getsme

Will the insurance not pay out for that? At least some off it anyway.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
If true then its a big shame for him. Never nice to see anyone retire earlier than they should.

Gazza

I think that's a fair argument when you also consider they hadn't just received £50m for another almighty flop and only one day to spend it.
Always brings a smile to my face when you lot use the Torres money as some kind of mitigating factor for spending so much on Carroll. :D

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Torres has not been great, but has still scored some huge goals for Chelsea including on their way in winning the CL.

His goal in the semi is worth half that fee alone IMO

Doesn't even come close to you lot and Carroll

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Always felt sorry for him as the pressure that was put on him was disgustingly big after Liverpool stupidly paid the amount they did.

Never nice when a footballer retires early - hopefully this is bollocks.

Robbie Boy

Torres has not been great, but has still scored some huge goals for Chelsea including on their way in winning the CL.

His goal in the semi is worth half that fee alone IMO

Doesn't even come close to you lot and Carroll
The goal he scored in the 90th minute when they were through on away goals anyway at that stage?