£400m transfer kitty within 5 years

beardsleybob

I tried this idea, and it didn't work - in theory. You'd only end up with an underperforming fan like this
Sorry if I'm not a high performing supporter. Let me just go out and buy plenty of third party merchandise so I can shoot to the top of the queue for STs. Ignoring the fact that repeat business is very important, we might as well alienate all the loyal fans and sell seats to the highest bidder. That makes great business sense because everyones loaded at the moment and paying top dollar to watch football is priority number one for plastic fans. Ya they'll definitely renew their season tickets if we finish 6th next season. Who needs loyalty after all?

7dan

Its getting tickly now–squeaky-bum time, I call it
Sorry if I'm not a high performing supporter. Let me just go out and buy plenty of third party merchandise so I can shoot to the top of the queue for STs. Ignoring the fact that repeat business is very important, we might as well alienate all the loyal fans and sell seats to the highest bidder. That makes great business sense because everyones loaded at the moment and paying top dollar to watch football is priority number one for plastic fans. Ya they'll definitely renew their season tickets if we finish 6th next season. Who needs loyalty after all?
bob im on your side, your 100% right

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Ok, you proved your point. Now let me hear you explain why teams like Chelsea are doing well, the past 10 years, eventhough not having any sort of loyalty, atmosphere or singing. And also, what's wrong with viewing it from the tv. You'll see the same things.

Spoony

The People's President
Another January - another transfer window closed. I’m gutted as hell we didn’t sign anything. The gaffer says No Value… ??? OK! I don’t understand how this club with all its supporters (the biggest fan base on the planet) can’t afford signing up players. There are enough people generating money to line up any player. And YES, I am including players like Messi in that equation. So, I’ve been looking into this issue of getting the most possible out of our fan base on match days!

What I am suggesting is that we should be looking at identification of 'value customers'. Knowing who's going to buy what and what this person might be interested in buying gives you an advantage in marketing and service. By allowing customers to earn points on buying products connected to our official partners will not only benefit the commercial value of their services and Our platform in negotiating for third party contract revenues, but also strengthening Our chances of selecting ‘the correct man for the seat’ by giving volume to the diagnosis instruments. The consumer then rapidly earn his way up in the season ticket order by each transaction made between him and certificated third party. The end product will then be a high performance fan (prefered value customer). In normal cases this kind of information comes with a huge price tag attached to it and results are not always as accurate as conventional methods.

I know exactly what you’re all thinking rights now. -He’s going to replace us with rich snobs willing to put up money on the table!
That’s one way of looking at it and I‘m sure the same thing was said the very first day a football club started to take a fee for viewing. But narrowing yourself down to that way of thinking you’re going to miss the big picture. It’s 2011 now - there are alternatives to watching the game. New technology offers each and one of us the possibility to bring the pitch into our own livingroom. I’m talking 3d-tv, Internet, podcasts. Endless ways of getting the same sort of experience without having to give up on any football. We have come a long way since getting a £3,99 ticket on match day to having to send in enquiries for £180 low cost tickets… It’s time for the next step.

Win Win Win

This is the modern way of working within sports today. Studies show that up to 50% of the success for club is won on the drawing board of economists. Without their necessary contribution to the game we would find ourselfs playing lower league football. They introduced the win-win-win concept which means giving each and one of the three rocks in the foundation (fan, club, partners) what they wish for. For us here on redcafe that would be success and new hot transfers. For the club it would mean more fans and better earnings. For the sponsors it would mean good results and high performance customers.
We need to move away from the traditional thinking of the typical fan. To further show how this idea was born and developed I give you a simple sketch from MsPaint which shows how this could be the future win-win-win situation.

Each colour represents one of the three parties included in my idea. Whenever there’s something to gain for any of those involved - a coloured square appears around the keyword. The lines indicates the consequences of the action being made. The complicity of the idea goes far beyond this simple sketch but gives enough support to prove my point. The ending line leading back to the “Fan” is in business dictionary called PBL (Power benefit line) and an outcome of increasing and maximizing earnings for at least two out of three parties.

Thoughts?
Possibly. But why?

7dan

Its getting tickly now–squeaky-bum time, I call it
Ok, you proved your point. Now let me hear you explain why teams like Chelsea are doing well, the past 10 years, eventhough not having any sort of loyalty, atmosphere or singing. And also, what's wrong with viewing it from the tv. You'll see the same things.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes: ** a tool. theres more to football then money. id rather follow my local pub team then the shit you described. you dont have clue lad

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
:rolleyes: ** a tool. theres more to football then money. id rather follow my local pub team then the shit you described. you dont have clue lad
Ok oooook! It was a bad idea, I admit it, ok?? Can we please go back to normal now? I wasn't thinking, ok? I'm going offline now!

redwhiteblack

I'm not sure I understand it fully...but isn't just a very round-about way of saying 'buy the best players - make the most money'?

I don't disagree with that necessarily, but as I said, I'm not sure I understand fully.

Devils Advocate

how can anyone get wound up by this? it brings back the phrase 'miracle retard'.

the diagram is amazing.

Point Prunier

Ok, you proved your point. Now let me hear you explain why teams like Chelsea are doing well, the past 10 years, eventhough not having any sort of loyalty, atmosphere or singing. And also, what's wrong with viewing it from the tv. You'll see the same things.
I suggest it might have something to do with having a billionaire for an owner

beardsleybob

Chelsea are successful on the pitch because they've broken the bank buying players fulfilling their potential currently. Now we see that most of those players peak has been reached, so their performances have been suffering. Abramovich recognised this and went out and spent £70 million in January to add more established player. Basically just topping up the tank with money that the club hasn't earned. once the FFP rules come in then that won't be possible anymore. So it's likely that we will see the end of Chelsea doing so well in the last 6 years not 10. Before Abramovich took over they were potless and a UEFA cup team.

Why would any fan accept being forced to stay at home and watch a game when they could just as easily go to Old Trafford every weekend with their friends and family? You basically want to force fans to watch on TV just because they don't want to buy third party merchandise. What is it you consider to be third party merchandise anyway? Do I have to buy a brand new Hublot watch in order to gain preference, or maybe an Audi R4?

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Ok, you proved your point. Now let me hear you explain why teams like Chelsea are doing well, the past 10 years, eventhough not having any sort of loyalty, atmosphere or singing. And also, what's wrong with viewing it from the tv. You'll see the same things.[/QUOTE]

It's time you started diversifying your thought processes. It's your kind of unidirectional thinking that will handicap this club in the long term.

Let me give you one example how this great club can maximise its earning potential: facilitate the mass inculcation of potential "Man. U" supporters by making its resident tv station, MUTV, free-to-air. This will lead to large-scale meme trepanning of the Manchester United Football Club brand and philosophy.

Plus, re-hire Hayley. She's lovely.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This thread is very successful...

Did everyone see what I did there? Successful! Geddit?! Whey!

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
Another January - another transfer window closed. I’m gutted as hell we didn’t sign anything. The gaffer says No Value… ??? OK! I don’t understand how this club with all its supporters (the biggest fan base on the planet) can’t afford signing up players. There are enough people generating money to line up any player. And YES, I am including players like Messi in that equation. So, I’ve been looking into this issue of getting the most possible out of our fan base on match days!

What I am suggesting is that we should be looking at identification of 'value customers'. Knowing who's going to buy what and what this person might be interested in buying gives you an advantage in marketing and service. By allowing customers to earn points on buying products connected to our official partners will not only benefit the commercial value of their services and Our platform in negotiating for third party contract revenues, but also strengthening Our chances of selecting ‘the correct man for the seat’ by giving volume to the diagnosis instruments. The consumer then rapidly earn his way up in the season ticket order by each transaction made between him and certificated third party. The end product will then be a high performance fan (prefered value customer). In normal cases this kind of information comes with a huge price tag attached to it and results are not always as accurate as conventional methods.

I know exactly what you’re all thinking rights now. -He’s going to replace us with rich snobs willing to put up money on the table!
That’s one way of looking at it and I‘m sure the same thing was said the very first day a football club started to take a fee for viewing. But narrowing yourself down to that way of thinking you’re going to miss the big picture. It’s 2011 now - there are alternatives to watching the game. New technology offers each and one of us the possibility to bring the pitch into our own livingroom. I’m talking 3d-tv, Internet, podcasts. Endless ways of getting the same sort of experience without having to give up on any football. We have come a long way since getting a £3,99 ticket on match day to having to send in enquiries for £180 low cost tickets… It’s time for the next step.

Win Win Win

This is the modern way of working within sports today. Studies show that up to 50% of the success for club is won on the drawing board of economists. Without their necessary contribution to the game we would find ourselfs playing lower league football. They introduced the win-win-win concept which means giving each and one of the three rocks in the foundation (fan, club, partners) what they wish for. For us here on redcafe that would be success and new hot transfers. For the club it would mean more fans and better earnings. For the sponsors it would mean good results and high performance customers.
We need to move away from the traditional thinking of the typical fan. To further show how this idea was born and developed I give you a simple sketch from MsPaint which shows how this could be the future win-win-win situation.

Each colour represents one of the three parties included in my idea. Whenever there’s something to gain for any of those involved - a coloured square appears around the keyword. The lines indicates the consequences of the action being made. The complicity of the idea goes far beyond this simple sketch but gives enough support to prove my point. The ending line leading back to the “Fan” is in business dictionary called PBL (Power benefit line) and an outcome of increasing and maximizing earnings for at least two out of three parties.

Thoughts?

So you're a consultant then?

Devils Advocate

this

The diagram is brilliant beyond belief!
if i were the thread starter, i'd make more of these graphs, on different subjects, and publish them as a little stocking filler book in time for christmas - 'my book of how to fix everything).

phelans shorts

Ok, you proved your point. Now let me hear you explain why teams like Chelsea are doing well, the past 10 years, eventhough not having any sort of loyalty, atmosphere or singing.
Sugar daddy with steel/gang money is the only acceptable answer.

And also, what's wrong with viewing it from the tv. You'll see the same things.
Do you really get a good view of a full backs movements and how they make movements for the team when the ball is on the opposite wing from tv? Honestly?

Or how a striker is putting opponents under pressure whilst the ball is with the opponents are attacking?

There's a big difference actually.