£40m for Ozil | Deal to Arsenal confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
  • The contertulio footballer named for which he received an offer for Real Madrid, who had advance François minutes before Gallardo, with several details: "It would be close to 40 million pounds ($ 46.5 billion) and the player is aware of the 'overbooking' there ". Gallardo denied being German.
    Siro López exclusively forward the player he was referring to François Gallardo was Mesut Özil, although he later denied it: "The team that wants to sign is Manchester United and the player who wants to strengthen it is Mesut Özil".
    "The offer could be 40 million pounds (46.5 million euros) and the player is aware that with the arrival of Bale will be more overbooking and is clearly going to ask the Real Madrid to accept the offer of the United ", he added.

"The economic benefit is impressive given what it cost at the time and in that space is spare.player may consider the option and the agent is moving as it is World Cup year. The team is Manchester United and the new coach wants or yes, "he concluded.
    http://www.intereconomia.com/notici...lopez-manchester-united-quiere-oezil-20130814
    Take it with a pinch of salt, as I don't know the reliability of the source.

Cina

jojojo said in the other thread that the bid was reportedly for Modric, not Ozil.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
If we get Ozil, then it would have to be it for Rooney. We'd have no need for Rooney, Kagawa and Ozil

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I've heard it was for Modric, not Ozil, which would be sexy. No need for Ozil at the moment.

Godfather

Modirc or Özil, I don't care much. I'd take both in a heartbeat. Brilliant players.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Btw, I think this is a fair price for Ozil.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
Quality player, but a bit of a mental transfer if true. Mind you it'd go some way to matching Chelsea's 3 behind the striker; imagine a fluid interchangable 3 of Nani, Kagawa and Ozil playing behind RVP.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Unless we are considering letting Rooney leave.
True, but I don't think we'll let him go unless its to a foreign club, which I don't see happening.

IhabX7

Great player that doesn't get on the score sheet to often, I'm not sure he would be ideal to replace Rooney. And I can't see him fitting in a 4-4-2 on the wing.

NinjaFletch

Good player, good price, not sure we need him but would improve the squad regardless.

Cina

Great player that doesn't get on the score sheet to often, I'm not sure he would be ideal to replace Rooney. And I can't see him fitting in a 4-4-2 on the wing.
He is an assist machine and Real have never been particularly short for goals.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
If he was to join I imagine we'd line up something like this:

--------De Gea
Rafael Evans Vidic Evra
----Carrick Cleverley
Nani-----Ozil-----Kagawa
---------RVP

NinjaFletch

40 million squid squad player? Suspect Moyes would look to build a team around him.
Odd quibble, of couse he would.

I just meant that although we're strong in those posistions he's a good player and would improve us there, anyway.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I find it very unlikely that he would want to come here ... I thought he was happy there and it's not as if we have a bunch of his NT? we don't seem to go for German's :lol: Or at least, SAF didn't... Still amazing little player, I echo the thoughts of others in that he would still have a space here even if we had Rooney for me as both can be moved out wide (And after Valencia/Young/Nani form last season)....

--Carrick/Clev--
Kag-Rooney-Ozil
------RVP-------

blitz133w

Real are truly a bunch of spoilt twats. Losing a player like Ozil for any amount is stupid. We might need to learn to drop wingers and start playing a 4-3-3 if we are going to have Rooney Kagawa and Ozil in the same squad.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Nah don't want him because it would mean we are going to shift Kagawa permanently to the left wing and I'm absolutely not in favor of that.
We don't need him. I'd rather see Kagawa playing regularly in the middle.
I find comments like this mental... how can any club that aren't say Bayern Munich, Madrid or Barca (though I think even they could use him) say they don't *need* or *want* a player of Ozil's quality? He's a cracking footballer of genuine class... he would instantly improve any Premiership team. Kagawa is a good player, but he's not as good as Ozil... There is also no reason we couldn't hypothetically have both.

There were plenty of these *want* and *need* comments about RVP before he signed for us... frankly, when it comes to top class players, there isn't a *need* or *want* involved.

wonnie

Didn't he move to Madrid a couple of years ago for around 15mil? Granted he is a lot more proven now, its funny we are interested in him again, when we were reportedly interested him a couple of years back (at a much cheaper price) and got rejected.

Commadus

We dont need a desperate signing. Moyes and Woodward should just hold off.

I would rather we signed Willian for £30m.

The fact we never bid for Thiago is shocking.

Jonno

I think it's time to give up and concentrate on more realistic signings. Baines would be a great signing for us and would give us plenty of options on the left. I want to see Kagawa used as the main creative man that we have been seeking after in this transfer window. We have been craving a 40m midfielder for years from Fergie and it never came, I don't expect this summer to be any different.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I would love him as I think he's a superior player to Kagawa in almost every possible way. It's not gonna happen just like it was never gonna happen with Fabregas, some transfers are just meant to not happen.

Name Changed

weso26
I find comments like this mental... how can any club that aren't say Bayern Munich, Madrid or Barca (though I think even they could use him) say they don't *need* or *want* a player of Ozil's quality? He's a cracking footballer of genuine class... he would instantly improve any Premiership team. Kagawa is a good player, but he's not as good as Ozil... There is also no reason we couldn't hypothetically have both.

There were plenty of these *want* and *need* comments about RVP before he signed for us... frankly, when it comes to top class players, there isn't a *need* or *want* involved.
Kagawa has looked better for Dortmund than I have ever seen Ozil look for Real. I'd rather we persist with what we have than bring in a player who will completely negate one of the best talents we have.

We don't need Ozil. We need players in other positions. Why spend 40m on a player when we already have a perfectly good one who can play in that position yet we still can't fit him in? We'd be better off bidding again for a proper central midfielder.

Mainoldo

How anyone would question this signing is beyond me. Even more puzzled so are concerned of Kagawa
!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
not needed. we have kagawa, rooney and the belgian lad breaking through

would rather modric to play alongside carrick

Brophs

The One and Only
He'd basically play exactly the role that Rooney & Kagawa play. He's not a midfielder in the traditional sense. It doesn't look the most logical purchase, tbh.

Not that it's not all bullshit, mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.