£7m Robbie Jobbie!

$ukhjit

Fulham eye £7m Robbie

FULHAM will make a £7million move for Tottenham’s Robbie Keane after being thumped 3-1 by Newcastle last night.

They were snubbed by West Ham when they tried a £5m offer for Jermain Defoe.

But boss Chris Coleman knows Spurs are keen to offload either Keane or strike partner Fredi Kanoute and has switched his attentions to the Irishman.

With £12m Manchester United-bound Louis Saha sitting out, Fulham struggled to contain the Geordies as Andy O’Brien, Gary Speed and Laurent Robert netted before Sean Davis’ consolation.

Coleman said: “It would be easy to use Saha as an excuse but he wasn’t playing at the back and that’s where we lost the game.

“I didn’t want to sell him but the chairman has given me his reasons and so has the chief executive. It is a business decision and I go along with that.

“We are going back to Craven Cottage and that is going to cost a lot of money.

“We have never accused the chairman of not putting his hand in his pocket. He has spent over £100million.

“I am not angry. I know it is football. It got to a stage where the board had had enough of the whole situation. We are not a one-man team.

“It is sad we have lost Saha because he is a quality player.

“I have money to spend but I am conscious of bringing in the right person. We know who we want.”

Arsenal are favourites to land Defoe, 21 — with Coleman unable to match their spending power.

That puts Keane top of his wish-list — with Celtic’s John Hartson, Rob Earnshaw of Cardiff and Preston’s Ricardo Fuller also in the frame.

Fulham are lining up a bid for the Irishman as they want a deal done before the transfer window closes on January 31.

Coleman added: “We were woeful at the back against Newcastle — a shambles.

“I hope the Saha thing has not affected my players. We can’t feel sorry for ourselves.

“The stories coming from his camp started to get out of hand. I would have held on to him but I stand by the decision.

“Alex Ferguson rang me in September and I told him I wasn’t interested in selling Louis.

“I have no argument with them but some of the people around Louis have been very dishonest and disrespectful.”

United agreed a deal for Saha on Sunday night. Fulham’s board had to assure Coleman they would act swiftly to replace the 15-goal ace.

SOURCE: SunSport

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Makes you wonder, maybe we should have signed Robbie Keane instead, cheaper and better than Saha!

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
Tottenham's acting manager David Pleat has rubbished reports linking Robbie Keane with a move to Fulham and insists he is not for sale at any price.
Reports on Tuesday suggested that Fulham were planning a move for the Republic of Ireland striker as they seek a replacement for Manchester United bound Louis Saha.

Pleat has not welcomed any approaches for the former Leeds star and admitted that Keane is part of the future plans at White Hart Lane.

"We're building a team for the long-term future of the club for which Robbie Keane plays an important part. Any approaches will be rejected," said Keane.

Meanwhile, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has warned rebel shareholders moves to block their proposed £15 million share scheme could put the plans to the appointment of a new manager and the signing of new players into jeopardy.

A supporters group are believed to be ready to oppose the scheme in Wednesday's vote, but Levy has warned them that it may affect the club's future plans.

"If the scheme doesn't go ahead, we can't sign new players nor attract a top manager to the club," said Levy.

Giordano

They won't sell Keane, now that Kanoute is gone for the African Nations Cup. Postiga finally broke the duck, as a side note.

kkcbl

Fergie will never sign Keane!

And even if he wanted to, you're looking at £12-15 mil!