£94 to watch Arsenal at the Emirates stadium.

heightmassive

Anagram of Peter Crouch
L.S. Lowry, Albert Finney, Vinegar Vera, Ben Kings
The working mans game.....my arse!

"ARSENAL fans have blasted the club for charging £94 for top tickets at their new Emirates Stadium home.

The Gunners expect punters to lash out for Category A ties with Chelsea, Manchester United, Spurs, Liverpool and West Ham.

Premiership champions Chelsea charge £60 for their best seats — with United asking only £39.

Tony Madden, co-editor of Arsenal fanzine Highbury High, said: “These prices are incredibly expensive. The club seems to be turning its back on its roots.

“Arsenal are relying on fans just moaning and then handing over the money.

“It costs an absolute fortune for an ordinary working-class bloke to take his kids along to a game.”

Top West End shows like Phantom of the Opera only charge £50 for their best tickets and you can watch rugby’s Heineken Cup final at Twickenham for £60.

An Arsenal spokesman said: “We are very comfortable with our pricing.”

But Mark Longden, from Manchester United’s Independent Supporters’ Association, said: “Even the £39 we charge is bad.”

PREM CLUBS’ top-priced tickets — Arsenal £94; Spurs £71; Chelsea £60; West Ham £57; Newcastle £50; Fulham £45; Reading £41; Middlesbrough £40; Blackburn, Bolton, Man Utd £39; Man City £38; Everton £37; Aston Villa, Charlton, Wigan, Watford £35; Liverpool, Sheff Utd £34; Portsmouth £30."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2006370271,00.html

tfreebsred

2Bullish said:
Makes all the the "UTD are just fleecing the fans" look a bit foolish now doesn't it?

Don't fool yourself. United tickets will be in that price range soon too.

heffa

Big cow?
2Bullish said:
Makes all the the "UTD are just fleecing the fans" look a bit foolish now doesn't it?
Maybe if the Glazers charged a bit more they could spend more in the trasfer market or wipe of the debt much quicker.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
94 pounds...thats a bit.

I'm looking to catch a game in the beginning of October...looks like I'll have to dish out some dough for the good seats.

Fred the bin dipper

Don't blame me mate, it's everyone else's fault.
its getting ridicuous now, if people arent careful we will lose a whole generation of fans. how often do you see kids going the game with their parents now? its not happening, its just too expensive. and the thing is, it is more expensive following a top club away from home. fans of clubs like Man Utd and Liverpool are getting fleeced at every away game, as clubs hike the prices up as they know we will fill our allocations. last year at Birmingham, i tink we paid £44 a ticket, and our bitter blue neighbours paid less than £30, and that was a trend at virtually every club we went to, with Everton fans paying a lot less than us.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
The biggest fleecing on that list of prices is the £30 pompey charge for Fratton park... it is the biggest dump of any club in the top 2 divisions.

It may be the cheapest in the premiership, but £30 gets you an uncovered seat, access to luke warm pies and burgers, and a small cubicle with a bucket to piss in.

Home fans don't get it much better either.

Stretch

GaryLifo said:
The biggest fleecing on that list of prices is the £30 pompey charge for Fratton park... it is the biggest dump of any club in the top 2 divisions.

It may be the cheapest in the premiership, but £30 gets you an uncovered seat, access to luke warm pies and burgers, and a small cubicle with a bucket to piss in.

:lol:

Fred the bin dipper

Don't blame me mate, it's everyone else's fault.
GaryLifo said:

or Newcastle, where you pay £40 and cant see the game because you are so far away from the pitch

VanNistelrater

Poncey film buff
MUFC Champions 2006/2007: Where will the goals com
The pricing in the Premiership is bloody ridiculous, at every club really.

Thing is the corporates know that to fans Football is like a drug, and disloyalty in the shape of not going is frowned upon/mocked.

You have to wonder where the circle starts though, whether the clubs are putting it up because they have to pay increasing wages or in Arsenals case debts.

I think one potential argument for a European or World Wide wage cap is that it may see ticket prices go down. But then in Germany for instance it costs about a fiver to watch a top team play, but their players arent paid a huge amount less. There needs to be some sort of knowledge of what drives prices up before we can tackle (clever eh?) the issue.

Guvnorgaz

VanNistelrater said:
The pricing in the Premiership is bloody ridiculous, at every club really.

Thing is the corporates know that to fans Football is like a drug, and disloyalty in the shape of not going is frowned upon/mocked.

You have to wonder where the circle starts though, whether the clubs are putting it up because they have to pay increasing wages or in Arsenals case debts.

I think one potential argument for a European or World Wide wage cap is that it may see ticket prices go down. But then in Germany for instance it costs about a fiver to watch a top team play, but their players arent paid a huge amount less. There needs to be some sort of knowledge of what drives prices up before we can tackle (clever eh?) the issue.
The Germans make money from other means, such as selling the naming rights to the stadiums, if Utd tried to do that the anti Glazer numpties would go and wreck the club shop again

Dark Devil

Guvnorgaz said:
The Germans make money from other means, such as selling the naming rights to the stadiums, if Utd tried to do that the anti Glazer numpties would go and wreck the club shop again
Yes, because English sides don't sell naming rights. :houllier:

I'm interested. How much would a ticket to Bremen vs. Bayern in the Allianze Arena cost? Compared to Villa vs. City for example.

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
GaryLifo said:

Brum is even worse. Two seasons ago we went there and it was a fecking joke.

£45 frigging quid to go sit down in a fecking shed...

I wouldnt mind but a week later Palace came to play Brum a week later and got charged £10......

I dont mind paying the same as every other fan from any other club but when they bang the prices up because its United then it really gets my back up.

I reckon United should charge £45 when Brum come to OT and see how many of those knuckle dragging "I want to be a tomato" cnuts turn up at OT then....

VanNistelrater

Poncey film buff
MUFC Champions 2006/2007: Where will the goals com
Guvnorgaz said:
Arsenal have also sold on their naming rights, as have plenty of clubs whose tickets still remain high.

There needs to be some discussion or enquiry amongst fans at least if not governing bodies as to how ticket prices are forced up this high, whether it begins with corporate greed or whether that's an effect rather than a cause.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Emirates Upper/Lower Tier Category A Category B
Centre Upper £94 £66
Centre Upper Back £70 £49
Next To Centre Upper £70 £49
Next To Centre Upper Back £61 £43
Wing Upper £60 £42
Wing Upper Back £55 £38
Corner Upper £60 £42
Goal Upper £66 £46
Goal Upper Back £55 £38

Centre Lower £51 £35
Wing Lower £46 £32
Corner Lower £46 £32
Goal Lower £46 £32

Family Enclosure
Adult £46 £32
Senior Citizen/Cannon Club £20 £14
Junior Gunner £18 £13

Yep, pretty pricey.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
compare those Arse prices to these at Man Utd:

North / South Upper Wings £37
North Stand Tier 2 £35
North / South Lower £35
North East / West Quadrants Tier 2 £35
North East / West Quadrants Tier 1 £31
East / West Upper £30
East / West Tier 2 £30
Family Stand £29

North Stand Tier 3 £27
East / West Lower £23

Cal?

CR7 fan
Essentially this article tells us 2 things:

1. United are not over-charging, not by a long way;

2. Londoners have more dispensible income than the rest of the country.

trimmtrabb

Cal? said:
Living in London (for work; i'm not from here or 'owt; I'm used to prices in the north, so probably spend a lot less than most out of principle at not being ripped off), and having a fairly good, well paid job, I still wouldnt have £94 just for my ticket, even if I was inclined to spend such money.

It's utterly ridiculous. Up until recently I was running a club night pretty near Highbury. We were on on the last day of the season, and had loads of drunk Gooners in (not that they knew where they were, mind you). Most of the people wandering round were honest working class blokes who didnt seem to be rolling in it by any means. No way they'll afford this easily.

Daftest bit of all; I dont think the train to Manchester, booked in advance, ticket for the game and all that would come to much more than that. Away games will be cheaper than home most of the time for Arsenal fans, travel included.

Bloody daft.

zing

Zingle balls
from another forum...

"Ticket prices
Please note that there has been no increase in ticket prices for the first season at Emirates Stadium (for equivalent category seating at Highbury)."

Also the £94 tickets are only for these games
Chelsea
Liverpool
Manchester United
Tottenham Hotspur
West Ham United

and even then only limted to a few seats (a small handful)

Chelsea average price is far far higher.

any true?

Jamie

Cal? said:
Essentially this article tells us 2 things:

1. United are not over-charging, not by a long way;

Maybe we are over charging but perhaps everyone else just overcharge even more?

Alot of people in this thread are right, its not a working mans game any more. It costs so much to watch a game, its not right as the ones who pay the most, following the club around the country etc are usually the ones who really in perspective cant afford to.