Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donut

Our problem is not being clinical, so how is he the answer? He scores like 5 goals a season.

izec

So another one? The Belotti rumours must be bullshit then, Delaney the shit stirrer. Cadena are more reliable from my memory

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Our problem is not being clinical, so how is he the answer? He scores like 5 goals a season.
He apparently has 17 this year in what I would think would be limited playing time beyond the usual suspects.

Nedved

He will thrive in the Premier League, as he did in the Champions League. He will score 15+ goals for you as Martial did in his first season.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So another one? The Belotti rumours must be bullshit then, Delaney the shit stirrer. Cadena are more reliable from my memory
Not necessarily. Just sit back and relax while we get linked to a dozen players.

Bojan11

Not sure why people are against this. Griezmann will be the big hitter attacker we sign and Morata will add depth to the attack. It's not like he's some shit striker.

Skills

Snitch
Not really a fan. Don't think he's good enough to be the main goalscorer for any team with a title ambition. Might be okay as the second option with Greizmann playing behind him

Bojan11

He has more league goals than the cafs favourite Benzema despite starting less games.

leontas

I would be all for it if this happens - him and Rashford as attacking options would be excellent. Plus a rapid winger on the right and we'd be all set.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Actually find him interesting. Didn't watch him enough, though, but from little that I seen he is very good on the counter, versatile, can play wide or center. His hold-up play is also good.

Don't know what would that mean for Rashford and Martial. But can see why Jose would fancy him.

United_We_Stand

The story on Cadena makes no mention of the asking price by Real. When I Googled the transfer rumors about Morata in the past few months, crazy numbers like £60m, €70m and £70m kept showing up!

He's a good signing for £30m.
We can do much better with £60m or £70m (Lukaku, Aubameyang or even Belotti )

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The story on Cadena makes no mention of the asking price by Real. When I Googled the transfer rumors about Morata in the past few months, crazy numbers like £60m, €70m and £70m kept showing up!

He wont cost that much, hes a backup player

Raoul

Admin
Staff

30m sounds about right.

Dembeza

Great, another player who will push for a move to Real Madrid when he is on top of his game.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
A non clinical attacker? Is that really what we should be going for?

WhoDaGOAT

Mourinho has worked with him in the past and gave his first taste of the big time. He scores goals if enough chances are created, and he's excellent in the air.

At 24, it would be the perfect signing. He's experienced enough now. We have enough Spaniards to help him settle.

el3mel

As a sub I'll welcome him. As a starter definitely no. Will prefer getting Griezmann and playing him as a striker instead.

WhoDaGOAT

As a sub I'll welcome him. As a starter definitely no. Will prefer getting Griezmann and playing him as a striker instead.
Griezmann doesn't really play as a striker, though. He's more of a second striker with complete creative freedom to play between the lines. Under Cholo.

Morata actually leads the line.

el3mel

Griezmann doesn't really play as a striker, though. He's more of a second striker with complete creative freedom to play between the lines. Under Cholo.

Morata actually leads the line.
Actually I think Griezmann can efficiently play in nearly all attacking positions. Yes he's at his best at 9.5 position but he'll be a great 9 as well. He got intelligent movements, headers and clinical finishing.

Morata isn't bad but his record of goal scoring isn't that of a starter tbf. He scored only 12 goals in 47 matches his last season with Juve, including 7 goals only in the league. Unreal.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Anyone know how reliable Man Utd Carreno is? He's the one that broke the story, it would seem.

DarkXaero

I was thinking about Morata as a player swap option earlier, if we are selling De Gea to Real Madrid. Morata ticks a lot of boxes for Mourinho, and he has done well for Real this season in limited minutes. With Zlatan likely out of the picture next season, a striker like Morata makes sense as a replacement who can be rotated with Rashford.

Flytan

He's already been at Madrid twice so it's not like there's a threat if he becomes good of him going back.

Honestly hope he's not our first target. Though I haven't seen him play this season really.

The Skipper

Supports
Chelsea

CFC linked with him for ages. They've quoted about £60m for him. Stupid money.

cheeky_backheel

He is clinical enough with very good technique and a very natural goal scoring instinct. He is very good with the ball at his feet, taking on defenders and decent in the air. He can play both central and wide with very good pace. He can be a bit sentimental, which affects his game but hopefully that has been ironed out with age and maturity.

His main weakness is actually in playing with his back to goal and hold up play. He is more of a finesse player and less the battering ram Mourinho tends to prefer. But then, there are less battering rams in the modern game, and may be Mourinho will finally abandon his fetish. He is still young and has the right physique (height 6ft 2in), so its a part of his game he can develop given time

He should be much cheaper than the rumored targets of Lukaku and Belotti and a more rounded striker than Icardi. He might be interested in joining Chelsea/Conte, or any big club that more or less guarantees a starting role (and he is good enough for it) but he will not sit on the bench.

I dont think he will be too keen on going back to Madrid given the little minutes he has gotten since returning from Juve (and he really deserves to have played more particularly with how abysmal some other strikers have been).

cheeky_backheel

CFC linked with him for ages. They've quoted about £60m for him. Stupid money.
Doubt they can get that much for him as he kid as made it clear he is unhappy on the bench and needs to leave for a club that would give him more minutes. As usual, perez would be out in the summer to buy his next toy (M'bappe?) and would need to balance the books. I would expect Morata to go for £40m or less.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I think Morata is better than Belotti. Is similar in age and way more experienced. Belotti hasn't played for anyone big. He looks good but I would be very wary of going mega money on him. Griezzman, Morata, Rashford and Martial as a front four would be good. Rashford and Martial will both have two years of Premier League under their belts at the start of next season.

ti vu

I think Morata is better than Belotti. Is similar in age and way more experienced. Belotti hasn't played for anyone big. He looks good but I would be very wary of going mega money on him. Griezzman, Morata, Rashford and Martial as a front four would be good. Rashford and Martial will both have two years of Premier League under their belts at the start of next season.
It's not that simple to say. Since someone didn't have the chance to play a big club doesn't mean he would not fit in a top league. Vice versa, plenty of players from top team only heading down moving away from their teams. Luiz Suarez used to move from up the ladder in Dutch league before L'pool & took awhile to really get to his peak. You have someone like Krkic who even was more prolific than Messi in Barcelona youth rank, who looked real deal in early age, only ended up in mid table clubs. Players developed at different rate. Some players have late growth spurt & can surpass their peers whom stopped their growth rate.

At this point, I agree Belotti is hard to judge, but Morata imo is not top class and not worth the money being thrown around. I don't think Morata has that much more room to grow. Wouldn't want fund Real Madrid to buy MBappe

Cheekiey

He can do everything else but score goals. No thanks.
Mmm to be fair to him, he has scored quite a few goals this season. 17 goals for Madrid this season so far, 12 in the league.

He's played roughly same ammout of minutes as Rooney & Martial in the league this season.

Rooney - 1102 mins - 3 goals - 5 assists - 1.7 shots per game
Martial - 1074 mins - 4 goals - 5 assists - 1.7 shots per game
Morata - 1058 mins - 12 goals - 2 assists - 2.2 shots per game
Still not convinced, he has only started 11 games in the league with 10 sub appearances.

Last edited:

Bojan11

It's not that simple to say. Since someone didn't have the chance to play a big club doesn't mean he would not fit in a top league. Vice versa, plenty of players from top team only heading down moving away from their teams. Luiz Suarez used to move from up the ladder in Dutch league before L'pool & took awhile to really get to his peak. You have someone like Krkic who even was more prolific than Messi in Barcelona youth rank, who looked real deal in early age, only ended up in mid table clubs. Players developed at different rate. Some players have late growth spurt & can surpass their peers whom stopped their growth rate.

At this point, I agree Belotti is hard to judge, but Morata imo is not top class and not worth the money being thrown around. I don't think Morata has that much more room to grow. Wouldn't want fund Real Madrid to buy MBappe
If Madrid want Mbappe then they will get him. People getting ahead of themselves because we beat them for Pogba. Pogba had a connection with the club. Mbappe by the looks of it is a Madrid fan. One of the reasons I think Madrid refused to pay big money for Pogba is because he's a centre midfielder. Perez won't have that hesitation for attackers.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Seems like a plausible option but I reckon he'll still hold out hopes for replacing Benzema next season. Depends if Madrid splash out on someone like Hazard and move Ronaldo in. Then he'd surely be on the move and we'd be a decent option for him.

Anyone else think he's a lot like Diego Costa, but with a different kind of mental fraility?

Status
Not open for further replies.