Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashoutcassius

Good signing for chelsea. Like the player and hope he does well. Obv not too well. We got the hit man and they got a totally different players it's not that comparable

Stacks

I'm seeing £58 million initial fee. If that's true its crazy and Madrid are some kind of profanity. £50-60 million is more Morata's value and performance add ons to take it over 70 mill, seems sensible as he is more of a risk.

PoTMS

If it is £58m, then Madrid are dickheads. We shouldn't sell them anyone, not even a virus.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I hope he does well and if Mbappe signs he is a complete disaster and the Real fans are furious, especially when Morata scores the goal that knocks them out of the CL. That would be sweet.

SqueakyWeasel

At £58m (if that's true) he'll be a good signing for them (I hope not too good).

We made our stance and what we paid for RL shows we had the money but obviously didn't value Morata that high.

I'm happy with the way things panned out and I personally think we got the player Jose always wanted. Don't really care what Chelsea do, that's up to them!

Happy days!

OneReligion

Anybody read that Pat Nevin thing on BBC Sport?

Harping on about Morata always being Chelsea's number 1 target for striker?

Ridiculous

SqueakyWeasel

Anybody read that Pat Nevin thing on BBC Sport?

Harping on about Morata always being Chelsea's number 1 target for striker?

Ridiculous
Further down, the quote from "European football journalist Mina Rzouki on BBC Radio 5 live" is even better:

If you offered me the choice between Morata and Lukaku, I wouldn't even think about it.

I would pay £20m or £30m more if I had to and I would bring in Morata.

That is because I would always prefer an intelligent player in my team. Even if he doesn't score as many goals, even if he doesn't do whatever he needs to.
So he's pay half as much again for a striker who doesn't score as many goals :confused::lol:

LoneStar

The example would be fine if we had bid for any of your players (this summer), but it was the other way around.
In this case we would be PSG and you Barça.
You do not like Perisic's price but you keep trading. You did not like the price of Morata and United left the talks.
I suppose there was a planning and Lukaku was the first choice, so I do not see why Madrid is guilty here.
About unsettle our players, it's fair between elite teams, but I do not think any of our starters would leave for more money.
Yeah I didn't talk about this situation in particular. What I meant was in future dealings. Clearly Perez hates us, so much so that he is willing to sell to another club for a lesser price. We should do the same IF it happens in the future. Maybe DDG or whoevr Madrid bid. Of course right now you guys are much better than us, Im talking about in the near future, where, I think United will be a top club again. I have a lot of faith in Jose and the team and think we'll be there among the elite sooner than later. Just stop dealing with Madrid, clearly there is no good relationship there. But if Madrid come asking for a player, flat out reject the offer unless they offer crazy money. I'd rather sell DDG to Barca if he desperately wants to leave.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Seems to be another clue that the press know nothing. When we signed Lukaku, all the press suggested that Conte was furious. Now Lukaku wasn't even his choice, and he wanted Morata all along.

"Oh well. Didn't fancy her anyway"

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
English press has a much lower fee then the rest of the world. I doubt the bought him for so much less. Why would they? Chelsea are desperate as were United

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Marca have a front page saying that price is 80m Euros plus 5m variables. Same price quoted by Di Marzio.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Marca have a front page saying that price is 80m Euros plus 5m variables. Same price quoted by Di Marzio.
Which is more believable as that was the price that was quoted from day 1.

prtk0811

When did we ever have players of the quality of Zidane, Original Ronaldo, Kaka, Raul, Figo, Cannavaro, Michael Laudrup to name just a few!
We've had some top players but even current Madrid players like Modric, Bale, Benzema, Kroos are better than a lot of what we've had during the PL era.

We didn't buy from Madrid(certainly not their prime players) because Madrid is viewed as the pinnacle of European football.
It's just silly and biased to suggest we've always had equal or better quality players.
:lol:

Zidane moved to Madrid in 2001 from Juventus on a world record fee, by that time United already has legends like Eric cantona and Roy keane at the club and the class of 92 with generational talents like Paul scholes and Ryan giggs follwed by Beckham who were world beaters, with Cole and Yorke in front , then came rvn and Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo with talents like Ferdinand and vidic and evra who were considered amongst the world's best with Gary neville too who was great. Carrick was also a top talent who is very underrated and was similar level to modric who has shined now with a proper midfeild balance in Madrid which zidane kicked some sense into them because of the makalele saga which had massive effect on their mid back then.

We always had better or equal quality of players in the squad and never have to show an interest in buying Madrid players while Madrid has always looked to upgrade their team with manutd castouts or rejects or legends who had lived their United career with the exception of Ronaldo who achived everything at the club there is to achieve and wanted to move back to his culture near his family and fergie being a man of his word allowed it to happen on great terms.

Madrid again started spend world record money since Perez second stint while fergie was against spending such an obscene amount on lower quality than his squad had with legends so Madrid did sign younger quality back in the start of current decade but at that time they were not better than someone like Carrick who only now have regressed levels with age. Neither was benzema any better than Rooney at that time. Bale is also massively over hyped because of his constant under achivement like the whole real Madrid squad who were second best to Barcelona for a good decade and a half when they just won 1 league title in 8 years with that squad including ronaldo and are now actually living up to their actual potential with zidane who kicked some sense into Madrid about fixing the balance rathaer than pursuing galactico policy.

Kroos was utd bound himself before lvg vetoed that idea and wanted schweinsteiger who suited his Philosophy more but lvg was overconfident in his actual abities and the level of epl game.

But now with Jose era when United flex it's financial muscle for top talents United will get them with ease and would not hesitate to break the record unlike during fergie era.

Madrid have been a big overblown overrated media propoganda machine in few parts of Europe near Spain and few parts of South America with their political circles and govt support, spare same Spanish culture but once we come out of Spanish caccoon and Spanish cultural boundaries, outside information of which europenas are historically ignorant of ,man united is pretty much considered a biggest brand and the club on the planet as a whole, few years of underinvestment by fergie does not change the fact. United now again have top talents in pogba and herrera in the middle who are as good as anyone.

prtk0811

English press has a much lower fee then the rest of the world. I doubt the bought him for so much less. Why would they? Chelsea are desperate as were United
English press is pretty biased when it comes to reporting United purchases and other club purchases.

Klopp_De_Klown

Well we all know first hand its €90M and we also know they wanted Lukaku first or THOUGHT they had Lukaku in the bag.

everything else is just lies, should be called out on it really!

Member 5225

:lol:

Zidane moved to Madrid in 2001 from Juventus on a world record fee, by that time United already has legends like Eric cantona and Roy keane at the club and the class of 92 with generational talents like Paul scholes and Ryan giggs follwed by Beckham who were world beaters, with Cole and Yorke in front , then came rvn and Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo with talents like Ferdinand and vidic and evra who were considered amongst the world's best with Gary neville too who was great. Carrick was also a top talent who is very underrated and was similar level to modric who has shined now with a proper midfeild balance in Madrid which zidane kicked some sense into them because of the makalele saga which had massive effect on their mid back then.

We always had better or equal quality of players in the squad and never have to show an interest in buying Madrid players while Madrid has always looked to upgrade their team with manutd castouts or rejects or legends who had lived their United career with the exception of Ronaldo who achived everything at the club there is to achieve and wanted to move back to his culture near his family and fergie being a man of his word allowed it to happen on great terms.

Madrid again started spend world record money since Perez second stint while fergie was against spending such an obscene amount on lower quality than his squad had with legends so Madrid did sign younger quality back in the start of current decade but at that time they were not better than someone like Carrick who only now have regressed levels with age. Neither was benzema any better than Rooney at that time. Bale is also massively over hyped because of his constant under achivement like the whole real Madrid squad who were second best to Barcelona for a good decade and a half when they just won 1 league title in 8 years with that squad including ronaldo and are now actually living up to their actual potential with zidane who kicked some sense into Madrid about fixing the balance rathaer than pursuing galactico policy.

Kroos was utd bound himself before lvg vetoed that idea and wanted schweinsteiger who suited his Philosophy more but lvg was overconfident in his actual abities and the level of epl game.

But now with Jose era when United flex it's financial muscle for top talents United will get them with ease and would not hesitate to break the record unlike during fergie era.

Madrid have been a big overblown overrated media propoganda machine in few parts of Europe near Spain and few parts of South America with their political circles and govt support, spare same Spanish culture but once we come out of Spanish caccoon and Spanish cultural boundaries, outside information of which europenas are historically ignorant of ,man united is pretty much considered a biggest brand and the club on the planet as a whole, few years of underinvestment by fergie does not change the fact. United now again have top talents in pogba and herrera in the middle who are as good as anyone.

Tbf they've closed the gap with a Barca or even overtaken them now.
They've won back to back CLs too...

Al-T

Madrid has always been a pain in the butt for our club ironically, most United fans have a soft spot for RM ( mostly because of Ronaldo playing there).
Not this one. Can't stomach them. Love Ronaldo for his time at United but I'd rather he'd gone anywhere but Real Madrid.

Noc-Z

ffs
Oh I get you now. I should wear the rose-tinteds and never have an impartial opinion.

You're why it can be hard to be a United fan around other supporters.
I'm honestly not too fussed about any other supporters. You said that a move to Chelsea is "better than a move here tbh". I take umbrage with that because it just doesn't sound like a United fan to me. It's a very doom and gloom negative outlook. Even speaking impartially, United would be the better move to me. Bigger stadium, bigger club, greater history and heritage. I don't see Chelsea as a better move. I certainly don't think like that as a United fan. This is Manchester United, the greatest club in the World. Chelsea is not a better move.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
How is it that after weeks of wrangling we were no farther forward with Morata but Chelsea got the deal done in a matter of days. Was Woody doing he usual 2nd-class post thing and quibbling over £4.50p train fare?

DomesticTadpole

I think going to Chelsea is a better move for Morata as he is going into a relatively settled side. Here he would be coming to a side where it still needs a lot of questions answering. However profile wise as a footballer a move to United is on another level. Although I think clubs like Chelsea/ City and Spurs are picking up a lot of new fans who are just getting into football.

gr3yham3

How is it that after weeks of wrangling we were no farther forward with Morata but Chelsea got the deal done in a matter of days. Was Woody doing he usual 2nd-class post thing and quibbling over £4.50p train fare?
Real were being dicks with us, simple as. Payback for Fax-gate.

gaucho_10

Madrid have been a big overblown overrated media propoganda machine in few parts of Europe near Spain and few parts of South America with their political circles and govt support, spare same Spanish culture but once we come out of Spanish caccoon and Spanish cultural boundaries, outside information of which europenas are historically ignorant of man united is pretty much considered a biggest brand and the club on the planet as a whole, few years of underinvestment by fergie does not change the fact.
There was a time when you really couldn't measure these things, so it was easy for people to present their opinion as a fact. That time is gone and now we have social media as some sort of indicator and it tells a different story.

Facebook:
United - 73,8 million
Madrid - 104 million

Twitter:
United - 12,1 million
Madrid - 24,4 million

Instagram:
United - 18,4 million
Madrid - 51,1 million

When United started building their brand abroad they were killing it on the pitch and had star players. Your star has faded in the last few years so your point simply doesn't stand. In year 2017 Man United is the one playing catch up.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There was a time when you really couldn't measure these things, so it was easy for people to present their opinion as a fact. That time is gone and now we have social media as some sort of indicator and it tells a different story.

Facebook:
United - 73,8 million
Madrid - 104 million

Twitter:
United - 12,1 million
Madrid - 24,4 million

Instagram:
United - 18,4 million
Madrid - 51,1 million

When United started building their brand abroad they were killing it on the pitch and had star players. Your star has faded in the last few years so your point simply doesn't stand. In year 2017 Man United is the one playing catch up.
TBF United were very slow getting on social media which doesn't help. I think the fact Ronaldo plays for you also boosts the figures massively, doesn't he have over 100m instagram followers alone?

If anything that just shows the younger generation perhaps follow Madrid and their star players more

gr3yham3

TBF United were very slow getting on social media which doesn't help. I think the fact Ronaldo plays for you also boosts the figures massively, doesn't he have over 100m instagram followers alone?

If anything that just shows the younger generation perhaps follow Madrid and their star players more
Again it is a lopsided view as we joined in on the social media bandwagon much later. I think we joined Twitter 4 years later than Real?

dove

Yeah, we still don't even have a Youtube channel :D Well, it shouldn't be a surprise I guess seeing the state of our website...

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah, we still don't even have a Youtube channel :D Well, it shouldn't be a surprise I guess seeing the state of our website...
Yeah, considering how much money we've been creating from sponsors etc, you would think Woodward would find huge motivation from social media. Amazing we haven't tried harder.

gr3yham3

Gosh our website. Seriously outdated. Whoever runs the team that manages that should be fired.

DomesticTadpole

Again it is a lopsided view as we joined in on the social media bandwagon much later. I think we joined Twitter 4 years later than Real?
Does it matter when we joined? If people are interested in United they would follow us whenever we joined. There again United do seem slow to latch onto a lot of things. Their TV channel is dated and their website could do with a makeover.

gr3yham3

Does it matter when we joined? If people are interested in United they would follow us whenever we joined. There again United do seem slow to latch onto a lot of things. Their TV channel is dated and their website could do with a makeover.
I think it kind of affects though. Granted we might not hit Real's numbers, but if we had hopped on the Twitter bandwagon and been more aggressive in our social media promotions (which SAF did not like), I think our numbers will be much higher. That said, Real's recent success and Cristiano on their ranks are huge draws though. No one draws in the crowds like him and Messi at the moment. I think the race is still on to see who can replicate their popularity when they are gone, and I think that was one of the reasons we were so keen on Pogba.

cyberman

It takes longer to build up a social media presence. If it was as easy as join up and every fan follows you then there wouldn't be a need for clubs to focus so much time to it. Unless of course people really think that only 11m of our fans have twitter ffs.
Its also an indicator of how big the EPL are. Most of the top supported clubs come from England so are our rivals. They wouldn't dare follow us but wouldn't see a problem following other big sides.
Thats a large percentage of social media fans that we don't have access to.
Anyway Bayerns profile numbers jumped by 6 figures when James joined, a lot of people follow players and not the club itself

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Fee Reported by Di marzio is 80-85m euros. I would like to believe this from someone neutral rather than a chelsea fan in Matt Law
Matt Law is an Aston Villa supporter.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
We really don't know what has gone on behind the scenes. You can be sure what we read on various media outlets is mostly made-up and opinions. We offered them a sum of money (guesswork) and the deal wasn't acceptable to Madrid. How much was offered only United and Madrid negotiating teams know the exact figure. Either way, both teams had a set valuation which was not acceptable to either side.

A lot of bitterness in this thread. Just let it go! Their player, their price, their business.

Status
Not open for further replies.