Ángel Di María | Transferred to PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamadovich86

Would be the dumbest decision possible to let him go I'm having a hard time believing that we're willing to let him go just after one season.

Roboc7

I realise your frustration and I myself, have been disappointed by his performance in the EPL, so far.
But this guy can walk into any World Cup final squad.
If Argentina (or any team) were in the World Cup final, they'd pick him, if he was available.
He was also in the FIFA World XI, last year.

He is absolutely World Class.
David Luis was also in that world eleven, as I said I really don't think he can be called world class apart from most of one season in his career. Last year he wasn't world class, he wasn't world class at benfica or in any other season at Madrid apart from that one season. If he gets back to that form the will change my mind and it is possible but he isn't in the class of the likes of Alexis or hazard and there is a chance that season was a fluke that won't occur again.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see him sold as I can see him instigating a move to psg but we would clearly have to take a loss.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Would be the dumbest decision possible to let him go I'm having a hard time believing that we're willing to let him go just after one season.

I'd love to see us recoup 80%+ of the fee.

He's world class in a counterattacking midfield 3 going through the centre. We don't play that game and we won't so he's never going to excel here.

He's an above average lightweight winger who doesn't score many goals.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Although I wouldn't get rid of him I would do it for Veratti...

Leg-End

Unless a deal includes Verratti then why would we even entertain it?

Sam

All these mentions of Verratti are ridiculous. They're obviously not going to include him.

MDFC Manager

We would be mad to sell him for any less than what we paid for him.

Our squad lacks creativity, as it is. There's no decent replacements on the market. And if we went looking for one we'll get fleeced, again.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Even if PSG offer ridiculous money, I don't see why we will want to sell. Even with big money, do we have targets identified to replace him? I can't see any like for like replacement available. We chased/are chasing Muller who is different type of player but chances of that happening are almost zero. It is not like club is in 'need to sell to buy' situation currently as well. If di Maria is unhappy, he can be talked with. We can't go around selling players if they get unhappy randomly.

MDFC Manager

All these mentions of Verratti are ridiculous. They're obviously not going to include him.
That's exactly why that should be our counter offer. And hopefully they'll feck off on hearing that. The fecking blood money cnuts

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
If Sterling is worth £49m then what the feck is di Maria worth?!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think we already have enough changes to our team. This wouldn't be helpful, especially since we would need to replace him. He's too talented to not give him another season.
Agreed, most people in these pencilled out lineups have him and Depay as the pacy widemen with Rooney up top.

It'd be a shame not to give that a try. Yes we have Mata and Young to fill in, but Di Maria is a more exciting player on top form.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If we can push them to 75m euros I'd say sell.
And replace him with who? Besides, he's repeatedly stated he wants to stay and redeem himself next season. It'd rightfully put us in a bad light if we were to sell him then.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
We've lost RvP, Falcao, Nani and will lose Hernandez. If we lose him, it's going to be between Mata, Memphis, Valencia and Young for the wing positions and Rooney as the only established senior striker. The most toothless and bare forward line in the big clubs.

Sanchez-Giroud-Walcott is a little better but Arsenal have depth with Ozil, Ox, and Welbeck; Chelsea (Hazard-Costa-Willian/Pedro) and City (Silva-Aguero-Sterling) are a class up.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We've lost RvP, Falcao, Nani and will lose Hernandez. If we lose him, it's going to be between Mata, Memphis, Valencia and Young for the wing positions and Rooney as the only established senior striker. The most toothless and bare forward line in the big clubs.

Sanchez-Giroud-Walcott is a little better but Arsenal have depth with Ozil, Ox, and Welbeck; Chelsea (Hazard-Costa-Willian/Pedro) and City (Silva-Aguero-Sterling) are a class up.

That's the big concern. we started last season thinking we had the best strikeforce and would smash sh!Tloads of goals.
We quickly realised a mix of system and declining front men meant it wasn't the case at all.

Getting the full money back for Di Maria would be good in one way, but takes pace and star material out of the team.

De Gea will be going, so if Di Maria goes as well, it's like we're fire fighting, fixing one bit of the team, while other bits fall apart.

binary bot
If we can get another winger or striker in and recoup 50-60m then I'd let him go.

I've never been more excited for a signing than Di Maria but there's an inevitability about it not working out. The whole break in thing clearly didn't help and he seems like he doesn't fit van Gaal's system. Love to be wrong but I'm not confident.

Someone

Something
If we can get the money back, then it's a good deal.

I have high hopes for di maria this season, and i'd love it if he stays, but there's no denying that he could be the biggest flop in our club history, and if it's true that he isn't happy, then why keep him if we could get our money back?

settembrini

I was looking at the Blue Moon forum after Delph rejected them and saw a couple of posters saying they didn't care because now they could buy Verratti. Then I went on a Bayern forum to see what they thought of Schweinsteiger being sold and some of them said they should replace him with Verratti.

He's like transfer muppet crack.

Ace of Spades

If we decide to sell, then hope we bleed them dry. If PSG are so desperate, then make them cough up the cash.

ThanksBoss26

A lot depends on him. If he genuinely wants to stay, then great. His body language at the end of last season was worrying. If he wants out and we can get our money back, then it's a big decision to turn that down.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I don't care what these French papers and journos are saying, I'm sure we won't let our record signing leave after one season at the club. It just doesn't make any sense. We should give him another season and if he continues being shit, then we could consider cutting our losses. Selling him after just one year would be extremely knee-jerk on our part.

Need I remind everyone that these PSG/Bayern rumours have been present for months now? The last time the same French sources reported Di Maria's apparent desire to join PSG and their interest in him, the player himself gave two interviews, saying that he wanted to stay at the club, do better next season and win titles with us. There was also an interview with Bryan Swanson, in which he said we had no intention of selling Di Maria and that he was a big part of Van Gaal's plans for next season.

It smells like lazy journalism to me. Apparently we're ready to discuss his sale because of his ''cold relationship with Van Gaal''. Utter horseshit.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I get the feeling it's DiMaria who might be the one pushing for the move. If it weren't for FFP, he'd have been a PSG player last season, not a United player.

Classical Mechanic

I think that Van Gaal would let him go. He just doesn't look after the ball well enough for his philosophy. Lets not forget that he was kept out of the team by Ashley Young and Juan Mata playing out of position.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
No good strengthening our midfield and defence but losing a lot of creativity. Mata/Memphis won't be enough to provide creativity and especially unpredictability in every game.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
If he wants to go, we should let him go IMO, especially if we can recoup 80-90% of last years fee from PSG. But if he wants to knuckle down and fight it out then we should keep him.
Sounds incredibly obvious but there you go. Captain Obvious o/

Last edited:

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Just saying that if he does leave, I just want to say "I told you so" to all the "OH SO YOU CAN READ HIS BODY LANGUAGE CAN YOU?" brigade. I've really thought it was obvious that he isn't fully enjoying life here and that he hasn't been able to fully express himself here.

I'll be disappointed if he does leave as I do feel with a season under his belt he can really push on and show some of the Madrid form which would be :drool:

But the news that PSG want him and that he wants to join PSG doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Red_toad

Yous lot are fecking idiots, he's a fecking great player!

I didn't say he wasn't a great player, Veron was also a great player, one of the best midfielders of his generation. Means nothing if a player never fully establishes themselves at a club.

So please quit insulting people and try reading what they have actually posted.

RedStarUnited

I didn't say he wasn't a great player, Veron was also a great player, one of the best midfielders of his generation. Means nothing if a player never fully establishes themselves at a club.

So please quit insulting people and try reading what they have actually posted.
Veron had 2 seasons, how about we do the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.