Ángel Di María | Transferred to PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather

Well his value has definitely gone down since we signed him, after the season he's just had. So if we did sell him this summer it would have to be a loss.
To freaking PSG? Forgot how much they paid for David Luiz? No way we should take a loss. We shouldn't sell him at all. We'd lack severe quality on the wings and I'm not sure anyone of his quality is available on the market.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
To freaking PSG? Forgot how much they paid for David Luiz? No way we should take a loss. We shouldn't sell him at all. We'd lack severe quality on the wings and I'm not sure anyone of his quality is available on the market.
I'm not saying we should sell him. Just pointing out his value will have decreased since we signed him. He's had a dissapointing season. Looked nothing like a €60m player.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I dont think we should sell him just yet - wait and see how he performs in his 2nd season.
If he doesnt do well next year, we can sell him (for less money), but at least, we will be giving him a chance.

I'd also like to remind people that he is probably the only player in our team who could produce something from nothing, ie. against the run of play (for example if we are playing top class opponents in the CL) and we need someone who can come off the bench and change the course of a game.

Godfather

I'm not saying we should sell him. Just pointing out his value will have decreased since we signed him. He's had a dissapointing season. Looked nothing like a €60m player.
His value might have dropped. Doesn't mean his actual price should be any less than what we paid for him. Especially when you consider it's PSG we are talking about. Overpaying is almost natural to them.

Classical Mechanic

His value might have dropped. Doesn't mean his actual price should be any less than what we paid for him. Especially when you consider it's PSG we are talking about. Overpaying is almost natural to them.
It is a case of supply and demand. How much do they want him and how much do we want to keep him. 20% less than we paid for him one year into his five year contract is a perfectly logical starting point for PSG though. They should have come in lower initially I feel.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
If he wants to go, we should let him go IMO, especially if we can recoup 80-90% of last years fee from PSG. But if he wants to knuckle down and fight it out then we should keep him.
Sounds incredibly obvious but there you go. Captain Obvious o/
That's what he himself has said he wants to do. Talk is cheap, but I'm more inclined to believe the words of the actual player over Twitter noise at this point.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We shouldn't sell him to PSG. They don't have enough money. Verratti and Mouria for DI Maria. Else it's a waste of our time. They've been talking for awhile about how he 'wanted to go there'. They are just another City who lack respect so they can go swivel.

Red_toad

I was quoting Alex Ferguson mate.
“I’m no f#@*ing talking to you. He’s a f#@*ing great player. Yous are f#@*ing idiots.” (Sir Alex Ferguson speaking to the media about Juan Sebastian Veron)

Shame you got the quote the wrong way around & used fecking over the correct words.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
For £50m we should sell him. He's not a £50m player right now and I very much doubt he will get back to that leve.

rotherham_red

All this PSG talk flies directly in the face of what we know of ADM, and his character. Not to mention his own personal statements when he was in Chile. I don't doubt that they're targeting him, but whether he wants to leave is another matter.

jem

For £50m we should sell him. He's not a £50m player right now and I very much doubt he will get back to that leve.
Who cares what 'monetary level' he's at. The question is can he help us, and I think it's worth waiting another year to find out (unless there's someone else lined up to replace him.)

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Can't see any reason to sell a player who IMO is the most creative player in world football. Give him another season with the right instruction and we could be talking footballer of the year given the level of talent he has.

Bwuk

We should sell him. Sorry fans.
Why? We'd be left with Mata, Young, Januzaj and Memphis for wide positions.

Memphis might not settle in Manchester and replicate his form from the Dutch League. Januzaj was a lot worse than AdM ever was last year, and Mata still isn't really a winger.

ZDwyr

Don't think I would sell him. Although he frustrated me a lot last season he still showed moments. I think he can get back to his best.

krazyrobus

Amazing that people want to sell him after 1 season, it's like they have never seen players take time to adapt to the English game or new teammates and in spite of all those troubles he was still the clubs top assister.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Why? We'd be left with Mata, Young, Januzaj and Memphis for wide positions.

Memphis might not settle in Manchester and replicate his form from the Dutch League. Januzaj was a lot worse than AdM ever was last year, and Mata still isn't really a winger.
Not without replacement obviously, but if Paris offered us Lucas who could fill in on the wing (and there will be no place for Di Maria in midfield once Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin join) then it might be worth considering. £40m plus Lucas for instance could represent great value for the club. Or £20m plus Lucas and Marquinhos.

Swap deals never happen though.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We should sell him. Sorry fans.
Just for the sake of it?

Selling him would really dampen the mood of all these signings for me, unless we have a top quality wide man coming in.

I don't think we will either. Can't see lvg going into the season with delay, mata, januzaj and young as his options. He moaned about not having a top wide man last summer so he's not going to rely on a 20 year old for that.

RedDevil@84

I dont think there is need to sell him. He needs to be given another season.
If he wants to leave, then I dont see why PSG should not pay >60M for him. After all they paid 40M for Luiz..

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I dont think there is need to sell him. He needs to be given another season.
If he wants to leave, then I dont see why PSG should not pay >60M for him. After all they paid 40M for Luiz..
Yep. I'd sell him only if he wants to go, a team pays a giant fee, and we have a top notch wide player like due to replace him. I'm not really seeing anyone available so this is a no-go for me. We've not been rumoured to sign anyone either nor is anyone reported to be available.

Giggsforever

I didn't say he wasn't a great player, Veron was also a great player, one of the best midfielders of his generation. Means nothing if a player never fully establishes themselves at a club.

So please quit insulting people and try reading what they have actually posted.
With the central midfield we have now we are going to play a 4-3-3 or a 4-5-1 and that will give Di Maria more freedom. I think that is something LVG has been planing towards.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
He's the *only* guy who runs at the defence confidently. He had the highest number of dribbles, also highest number of key passes. When you read that apart from ADM, Young and Valencia are the best dribblers, you know that there is lack of pace and trickery in the team.

MDFC Manager

He's the *only* guy who runs at the defence confidently. He had the highest number of dribbles, also highest number of key passes. When you read that apart from ADM, Young and Valencia are the best dribblers, you know that there is lack of pace and trickery in the team.
Quoted for truth. Unless we're getting in Reus or someone, it would be utterly stupid to sell Di Maria, just because we are getting a decent monetary offer.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I would consider selling him if we had a replacement lined up or PSG offered Moura. I don't rate him that high as a winger, not to mention van Gaal style doesn't suit him.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Depay

RedDevil@84

Let us wait and watch and not declare him Cristiano already.. :)

I have had enough of Shaw fans singing on this forum last year how we got him for cheap for the returns he is going to give us for another 15 years.. I am still waiting and watching what will happen.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Let us wait and watch and not declare him Cristiano already.. :)

I have had enough of Shaw fans singing on this forum last year how we got him for cheap for the returns he is going to give us for another 15 years.. I am still waiting and watching what will happen.
Not saying he's going to be great, I was responding to the comment that Di Maria is the only player in the squad who will run at players and make things happen. Depay will do that. How well he will do it remains to be seen of course.

Adebesi

The other side of the joy I am feeling by all this transfer business we did over the weekend is I feel increasingly resigned to us losing Di Maria.

For me he has without doubt been disappointing so far, and I do worry there is a bit of a compatibility issue between Di Maria and Van Gaal. But that is more just an irrational / pessimistic worry than something I arrived at with logic. I would definitely give him another season to prove his worth. I just dont think it will pan out that way. As much as Woodward obviously likes splashing the cash, with a striker and potentially a very expensive CB still to come, I think he will want to recoup some of that money.

Kaos

I would have felt infuriated losing him before our recent signings, but now I'm indifferent either way.

I'd still like him to stay because when on form he's a joy to watch, but looking at how much depth we now have in midfield, I wouldn't mind using him as leverage to strengthen our search for a striker we sorely lack.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
I don't see any logic in selling him, in fact its plain dumb. For long we've missed pace and trickery on the wings and Depay and Di Maria would provide exactly that. Plus there aren't players available on the market to replace him if we're considering selling him.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Anyone know when he and Rojo will be joining up with the rest of the squad?
I hope not too soon. Both had long 2 seasons in a row with Argentina reaching two finals. Then moving to another country especially if you already have a family also costs time and energy. I'd rather they are well rested and join up a bit later.

SoCross

Hope we don't sell him. World class on his day; the first few games he had for us, he was on a different level to everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.