Çağlar Söyüncü - Leicester's 'Diamond in the rough'...

Okey

Sorry people, don't know where else to ask. What does "you're ignoring content by this member" mean? I seem to be 'ignoring' Samid's posts. Have I pressed something without knowing? Help please...

Classical Mechanic

The stats tell you that they’re defence has been getting away with it all season. Their xGA is 9 more than what they have conceded. Schmeichel has been the real reason for their relatively low goals against. He has the highest save percentage in the league and only Alison has a better performance against his xGA.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
My point is that Maguire's leadership influence has been underappreciated. There is a reason why we went for him because our other defenders including the past never step up. It also reflects to the stage of United & Leicester defense now.
Maguire wasn't much of a leader for us to be fair so if he's stepped up in that way fair enough

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Was a bit over-aggressive. But Wilson provoked him and pushed him into the net with no punishment. Seemed like both should have seen red imo.
The only thing you could possibly sanction Wilson with there is a yellow for adopting an aggressive attitude but even that is stretching it. You can't give a red card for what he did, he was trying to get the ball and it's something you see from players in every game. Well deserved red for Soyuncu though and he will rightly serve a 3 game ban for that.

mu4c_20le

Sorry people, don't know where else to ask. What does "you're ignoring content by this member" mean? I seem to be 'ignoring' Samid's posts. Have I pressed something without knowing? Help please...
No, sounds completely normal and sensible.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
That means you have put him on ignore list.

ROFLUTION

The only thing you could possibly sanction Wilson with there is a yellow for adopting an aggressive attitude but even that is stretching it. You can't give a red card for what he did, he was trying to get the ball and it's something you see from players in every game. Well deserved red for Soyuncu though and he will rightly serve a 3 game ban for that.
3 games is harsh imo as he wasnt greatly harmed or in danger. Is that just the default punishment or?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hopefully that ends any debate about him and Evans being better than Maguire.

Soyuncu surely wins the most brainless bit of action this season award.

And Evans in his last season at United form. Not necessarily the own goal, but a few bits like that appalling header near the end that should have been punished for 5-1

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Clearly has been most of this season. He's been the best defender after Van Dijk in the league imo and has saved Leicester on many occasions. One red card doesnt change that.
Utter, utter one eyed garbage.

Though i respect your right to have an opinion.

ROFLUTION

The stats tell you that they’re defence has been getting away with it all season. Their xGA is 9 more than what they have conceded. Schmeichel has been the real reason for their relatively low goals against. He has the highest save percentage in the league and only Alison has a better performance against his xGA.
If you've actually watched Leicester and given them the eye test, you'll also have seen what an asset Soyuncu has been for them.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
3 games is harsh imo as he wasnt greatly harmed or in danger. Is that just the default punishment or?
Yes. Any form of aggression is 3 games.

I remember Ashley Young got a 3 game ban for a slight elbow to the stomach.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
It's violent conduct and therefore a 3 game ban is mandatory. Doesn't matter how much damage is done or whether the player is in danger or not, if you commit an act of violence towards another player, you rightly get sent off.

I've taken this straight out of the IFAB laws of the game and it explains it properly:
"Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made."

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
His defending for the 2nd is some of the worst defending I've ever seen at top level football.

I still don't get what he was doing.
Some sort of madness of playing the percentages and "Holding his position".

When really it was an utterly mad lack of understanding of what was around him, and a sheer inability to recognise that getting out to their man delays him, and stops the goal.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Was a bit over-aggressive. But Wilson provoked him and pushed him into the net with no punishment. Seemed like both should have seen red imo.
A little shove, or kicking someone from behind.
Not really comparable.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Clearly has been most of this season. He's been the best defender after Van Dijk in the league imo and has saved Leicester on many occasions. One red card doesnt change that.
Clearly he hasn't. A below par game for United here and there doesn't change that. We've played half the season without a proper DM. Lindelof is apparently terrible and DDG is having a nightmarish season and yet inexplicably we have a better defensive record than Leicester.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
:lol:

He gave away a ridiculous penalty in the 4th game of the season at OT. It's not just tonight and he's nowhere near Maguire's level

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
standard ban for violent conduct, that can be extended for worse acts, so Soyuncu has played his last game this season
no he hasn't I love the guy but Evans alone has been better than him for us

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If our CBs make as many mistakes they would be written off as not good enough. That's the difference in expectations.
This is totally the classic United forum thing.

They rarely watch these other team players, yet watch and dissect every single moment of ours.

So they get this warped idea that opposition players are all better, until they get to us and they realise they're bang average. Schneiderlin a great example.

Evans is a good example too, overrated by the same people who thought he was garbage here. And watching him today he's no better than he ever was.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
he genuinely wasn't for us, Evans was talking to him constantly, he's probably just matured after another year
Communicate with your team mate is common in football and important. You don't need to be a leader to do it, it's basic things.

Deery

Dreary
He’s been utter shite since he’s been played in a 3 was pretty good before that..

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
he genuinely wasn't for us, Evans was talking to him constantly, he's probably just matured after another year
I mean you've been holding this garbage position the whole season so no reason you'd stop talking bollocks now, but Maguire has always been vocal and a leader. It's not something that grows overnight. It's why he was recruited by Utd and given the armband.

roonster09

Scout
How can I undo it please?
Click on Samid's user name, you will see option to stop ignoring.

Or click on your profile at the top right, you have option called 'Ignoring'. click on that, you will see the list.

roonster09

Scout
This is totally the classic United forum thing.

They rarely watch these other team players, yet watch and dissect every single moment of ours.

So they get this warped idea that opposition players are all better, until they get to us and they realise they're bang average. Schneiderlin a great example.

Evans is a good example too, overrated by the same people who thought he was garbage here. And watching him today he's no better than he ever was.
Opposition strikers never misses chances, defenders never lose tackles, headers or makes any sort of mistake for goals, midfielders never misplace a pass.

Agree with your post, somehow they believe why the player has regressed after joining us. Take Smalling and Lukaku as example, their game was dissected and every move was analyzed, now people blindly go with "Smalling and Lukaku are doing good in Serie A" when Lukaku is still the same inconsistent player and Smalling makes mistakes which never makes the memes now.

Nick7

What on earth? You sure you’ve watched this lad much?

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Communicate with your team mate is common in football and important. You don't need to be a leader to do it, it's basic things.
not when he looked to be telling where he needed to be, that's leadership, maybe Harry was happy to defer to a senior pro where as with you he feels the need to take charge? if he has great, good for him and you.
I mean you've been holding this garbage position the whole season so no reason you'd stop talking bollocks now, but Maguire has always been vocal and a leader. It's not something that grows overnight. It's why he was recruited by Utd and given the armband.
I suspect I watched him play for Leicester more often then you, he really wasn't a leader at Leicester, then again he wasn't being asked to be he came into the side playing alongside our club captain then had a more experience player once Evans replaced Morgan, people act differently in different situations, its shocking I know