Éric-Junior Dina Ebimbe

Adnan

Talent Spotter
RMC in France are saying we're in discussions with PSG to sign the 19 year old for next season. He's currently on loan at Le Havre and reportedly doing very well. Thought I'd make a thread because RMC are very good normally so I wouldn't be surprised if we sign him at the end of the season.

If anyone knows what type of midfielder he is, please share your thoughts.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So anyone knows about this player?

Ekeke

If only the French version of the championship was strong like the English one. Seems like a punt

Son

Considering Kante & Ribery both came from the lower leagues in France around that age there could be something in this.

Would at least prove our scouting team has been doing their job.

I wouldn’t be against us playing moneyball on at least one or two signings each summer to possibly sell if they don’t make the grade like Chelsea have in the past. Smart business... We keep our players far too long and overpay for obvious talents.

Let’s start with Daniel James who we could get a good £40-£50 million for in a year or two. As long as it’s invested in further recruitment.

Imagine how much we could have Lingard for a year ago before his poor run.

freshibal

the ultimate combination is genius and insanity
Considering Kante & Ribery both came from the lower leagues in France around that age there could be something in this.

I wouldn’t be against us playing moneyball on at least one or two signings each summer to possibly sell if they don’t make the grade like Chelsea have in the past. Smart business... We keep our players far too long and overpay for obvious talents.

Let’s start with Daniel James who we could get a good £40-£50 million for in a year or two. As long as it’s invested in further recruitment.

Wait, you want to sell James?

meamth

Probably Wyscout first then our scouts doing their job.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

There's something in this for sure because the source of the news is RMC who are probably the best for reliability when it comes to French football. If they're saying we're in discussions with PSG regarding the player then I do believe them due to their past record.

Son

Wait, you want to sell James?
In a couple of years it’s an option because in my opinion he just doesn’t have it at the highest level. In a year or two we’ll see properly if he has it in him.

United gives players the fame and reputation so surely we would make a healthy profit if he’s still a squad player with a few years on his contract at 23 or 24.

0le

We seem to be doing well at identifying young talent. Hopefully this will pay dividends in a few years time.

Sea-Cow

I'm sorry but who on earth is going to spend that much on Daniel James?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

I love your take on player value! Hilarious

TheReligion

Abusive
Happy with low risk young additions like this (if it happens). We need to start trying to find the next big thing and you can find gems if you look hard enough. Even in France.

Son

I love your take on player value! Hilarious
Considering we get quoted £40 million for every signing these days I don’t see how in 2 years that is a ridiculous valuation for James? He’d be 23 years old and relatively proven at a big club.

A few Premier League teams would probably snap our hand off at £30 million already for his speed and marketing potential.

Mark Pawelek

Considering we get quoted £40 million for every signing these days I don’t see how in 2 years that is a ridiculous valuation for James? He’d be 23 years old and relatively proven at a big club.

A few Premier League teams would probably snap our hand off at £30 million already for his speed and marketing potential.
Overpaying for players based on what you guess they're worth is silly. SAF's value-in-the-market philosophy worked for him. Why not for Ole? James is still worth £18 million on my valuation; £25m on TransferMarkt valuation. If we're not going to overpay for Bruno, we shouldn't overpay for anyone else; nor expect clubs to overpay for ours. I remember when no one could buy Adnan Januzaj off us for £30m; He's £15m now, with add-ons; but I can't actually see Roma paying that. Eric Ebimbe is worth about £20m at most.

Ekeke

My point was there’s precedent for a player to make the jump immediately from Ligue 2 to the prem.
Yes theres a single player while there are eleventy billion players who have come from far stronger leagues and failed to make it at their new club. I guess we should sign players exclusively from Ligue 2 and ignore all the young players doing well in the top leagues.

macheda14

Yes theres a single player while there are eleventy billion players who have come from far stronger leagues and failed to make it at their new club. I guess we should sign players exclusively from Ligue 2 and ignore all the young players doing well in the top leagues.
If he’s been adequately scouted for a good while, it doesn’t necessarily make it a punt. We complain about clubs unearthing gems, but when we start looking for young players from the lower leagues it’s amateur and a punt. He might turn out to be poor, or he might go to another club and we’d have to spend a bomb to buy him.

Ekeke

If he’s been adequately scouted for a good while, it doesn’t necessarily make it a punt. We complain about clubs unearthing gems, but when we start looking for young players from the lower leagues it’s amateur and a punt. He might turn out to be poor, or he might go to another club and we’d have to spend a bomb to buy him.
Its a punt, maybe it'd work out or maybe it wont. But its obviously less likely than established player doing well at a club in a top league.

Can we even be sure that Ligue 2 is a stronger league than our under 23s? I dont believe so.