Ísak Bergmann Jóhannesson

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

Date of birth: March 23rd, 2003 (17 years old)
Position: Proficient on either wing or central midfield
Nationality Icelandic
Height: 180cm and still growing according to his dad
Foot: Left
Current club: IFK Norrköping (top division in Sweden)

Stats this season: 24 games, 4 goals, 9 assists. He had previously played 2 first team matches before this season.

We've been scouting him recently along with other big clubs

He's the son of former pro Joey Guðjónsson who played for Betis and several clubsi in the PL and Championship. Grandson of manager Guðjón Þórðarson who managed Iceland and Stoke.

1 of the 60 players that the Guardian talks about in the Next Generation article.

Snow

Watchers of the Allsvenskan can give a better report of how he plays than I can. I do know his dad a bit and from he tells me Ísak is aware of the interest in him but he's focused on developing as a footballer which he gets to do at Norrköping and his mind is 100% on improving.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The Allsvenskan and Norrköping in particular are dead to me and banned from all of my betting slips until further notice. So feck him.

Asger

Haha was gonna make a post about our new Icelandic Star!

Kamprad

I don’t follow Allsvenskan so much but I’m swede and you read about this guy in the papers. He’s a big talent. Probably the biggest talent playing in Sweden atm. He’s got a good head. Works hard off and on the pitch. Big clubs(United, Juventus, Gladbach etc.) has been interested but he wanted to stay and play in Allsvenskan. Left footed. Can’t say too much about playing style because I haven’t actually seen him play but he has played in many different positions this season. Seems like he is a really big talent and could eventually be a top class player from what I hear.

arthurka

His father has spoken about his age when he was sold to Betis at a young age. According to him he talked about not being mature enough when that move happened.
Think Isak won´t move until he is ready for the next step.

90 + 5min

Very interesting player. For his age I would say that he has a very good football brain. Beside other qualities. If he keeps progressing at same rate he will end up in top european leagues within 2 years. Should be a player to watch and know about, something we do.

Siviz

Supports
Swansea
First off; he plays for my local team, so I'm obviously biased. That being said this kid is a class act and one of the best players I've seen domestically at his age, if not the best. Incredible mentality and determination to become as good as he possibly can, and a footballing IQ that is rarely seen in a player his age. Technically gifted and a solid playmaker. He's not ready for the likes of United yet, but he certainly has the talent. Already one of the best midfielders in Allsvenskan at 17 years old and it's only a (short) matter of time before he gets called up to Iceland, their coach having already stated he's following Isak's progress closely. Has had his season somewhat stunted by the Norrköping coach using him all over the pitch (he's played left back, central midfield, right wing, left wing and as a false nine this season alone). A testament to his versatility, but he's at his best as an attacking playmaker.

Reactions: roonster09

Snow

First off; he plays for my local team, so I'm obviously biased. That being said this kid is a class act and one of the best players I've seen domestically at his age, if not the best. Incredible mentality and determination to become as good as he possibly can, and a footballing IQ that is rarely seen in a player his age. Technically gifted and a solid playmaker. He's not ready for the likes of United yet, but he certainly has the talent. Already one of the best midfielders in Allsvenskan at 17 years old and it's only a (short) matter of time before he gets called up to Iceland, their coach having already stated he's following Isak's progress closely. Has had his season somewhat stunted by the Norrköping coach using him all over the pitch (he's played left back, central midfield, right wing, left wing and as a false nine this season alone). A testament to his versatility, but he's at his best as an attacking playmaker.
I don't agree with this. First of all you can't claim that his season is stunted when it's his first season as a pro, so there's nothing to compare it to, and he's been playing great. Also it's arguably good for growth to play in different positions, especially when you're undoubtedly going to play in different positions in the future. I can barely remember a United player coming through the ranks not being used in different positions.

Snow

Interview with the Norrköping manager.
It's a priviledge to work with Ísak. He's without a doubt the most talented player I've trained.

Siviz

Supports
Swansea
I don't agree with this. First of all you can't claim that his season is stunted when it's his first season as a pro, so there's nothing to compare it to, and he's been playing great. Also it's arguably good for growth to play in different positions, especially when you're undoubtedly going to play in different positions in the future. I can barely remember a United player coming through the ranks not being used in different positions.
Of course I can claim that. First off; I'm not saying it's bad for his development (it's not), I'm saying it's stunted his performance. His performances have been much more consistent - not to mention better - when he's been played where he should be played. Norrköping plays 4-3-3 and there's a big difference in the impact he has on the game when he's used as the offensive midfielder in a trio as opposed to being wasted on a wing, in a more defensive role or (even worse) at full back. I've watched every game he's played and feel quite confident in that assessment.

Sea-Cow

Is this kid's agent working overtime or what? I feel like I have seen his name all over Twitter recently.

Snow

Of course I can claim that. First off; I'm not saying it's bad for his development (it's not), I'm saying it's stunted his performance. His performances have been much more consistent - not to mention better - when he's been played where he should be played. Norrköping plays 4-3-3 and there's a big difference in the impact he has on the game when he's used as the offensive midfielder in a trio as opposed to being wasted on a wing, in a more defensive role or (even worse) at full back. I've watched every game he's played and feel quite confident in that assessment.
I think there's something lost in translation then because of how you choose the word "stunted" because the definition of that is "prevent from growing or developing properly".

Snow

Is this kid's agent working overtime or what? I feel like I have seen his name all over Twitter recently.
Combinations of things, nothing to do with his agent. The teams owner said that big clubs were watching, that's when I made the thread. The head of scouting confirmed United and Juventus were looking at him and that Liverpool have also been watching and then after the last game his manager praised him as high as could be.

Siviz

Supports
Swansea
I think there's something lost in translation then because of how you choose the word "stunted" because the definition of that is "prevent from growing or developing properly".
I wasn't referring to the player as stunted. I wrote that his season has been stunted - as in that he could've put up far better numbers had he played in his primary role & position consistently. Either way, we're arguing semantics now. My point is and was that his statistics, in particular the amount of points he's contributed, would've been better if he hadn't played out of position so often.

Is Bergmann part of a double barrelled surname or is it his second name?
The former.

Snow

I wasn't referring to the player as stunted. I wrote that his season has been stunted - as in that he could've put up far better numbers had he played in his primary role & position consistently. Either way, we're arguing semantics now. My point is and was that his statistics, in particular the amount of points he's contributed, would've been better if he hadn't played out of position so often
It's better for his future to play in multiple positions. Look at his compatriot Gylfi Sigurðsson. He's barely been played in his strongest role outside of Swansea and a bit at Everton. He wouldn't be a PL footballer if he weren't capable in multiple roles. It's really hard to make it as a footballer now as a midfielder if you're only good in one position.
Is Bergmann part of a double barrelled surname or is it his second name?
It's his middle name.

SwedishFish

He's a big United fan, he was interviewed by Aftonbladet yesterday.

He's the son of Joey Gudjonsson who played for Burnley between 2007-2010 and became a massive United fan at the time.

He told Aftonbladet: "Manchester United is my favourite team, but IFK Norrköping is my dream club. I lived in Manchester when my dad played there and I went to a lot of games."

link to the interview (IN SWEDISH)

A massive talent no doubt already has eyes on him from all over Europe.