İlkay Gündoğan Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Manchester United Scout Nurnberg Playmaker Ilkay Gundogan - Report - Goal.com

Manchester United are keeping tabs on Nurnberg playmaker Ilkay Gundogan, according to Sky Sports 24.

Gundogan, 20, has earned rave reviews for the Bundesliga side this season and recently orchestrated a 2-1 victory against Steve McLaren's Wolfsburg. Due to his position and Turkish background, the player has been likened to Real Madrid star Mesut Oezil.

Nurnberg are understood to be reluctant to let go of the German youth international and would demand about €9 million. It is not yet known whether United are to follow up reports from club scouts with a bid.
Anyone seen him play?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Now I hope we don't go and buy another unknown player. The 9M we might spend on him might be spent elsewhere on someone else.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Unknown - check
Exotic name - check
Called the "new someone" - check
No quotes - check
Shit source - check

So starts another cycle in the life of a new CAF transfer muppet target.

Crustanoid

'We need a creative midfielder'

'We'll be mid-table if we don't buy one'

Reports say we're scouting a creative midfielder.

'He's not Wesley Sneijder though...or VDV....Arggghhh!!!! He's a VALUE SIGNING!'

'Do not want...'

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It's the moaning about signing an "unknown" player bit that gets me. I mean, who on here had heard of Hernandez this time last year? Or how about Smalling?

Should the club focus exclusively on signing only players that have been discussed at length on redcafe?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It's the moaning about signing an "unknown" player bit that gets me. I mean, who on here had heard of Hernandez this time last year? Or how about Smalling?

Should the club focus exclusively on signing only players that have been discussed at length on redcafe?
Indeed its bullshit and frankly annoying. We very rarely go out and buy big, major signings. I'm sure we'll sign one this summer, but the unknowns (when they work) are the real exciting signings personally.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Now I hope we don't go and buy another unknown player. The 9M we might spend on him might be spent elsewhere on someone else.
You wrote of Welbeck and Eikrem recently, amongst others, and now this? What exactly do you expect our transfer policy to be?

Hectic

Supports
30fps
:lol: Unknown..

I wonder just how many posters on the Caf new that much about Ronaldo, Vidic, Nani, Anderson, Hernandez, Ogertan etc before we brought them.

Crustanoid

Our scouts are basically simpletons because they don't use FM as the basis for their recruitment strategy

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
:lol: Unknown..

I wonder just how many posters on the Caf new that much about Ronaldo, Vidic, Nani, Anderson, Hernandez, Ogertan etc before we brought them.
Cut Anderson + Nani out and the list is pretty much there.

Anderson was highly regarded in his Porto days, also played in the CL and did bloody well too, was surprised we were able to capture him.

Nani was highly praised and we were linked with him the whole season... No surprise there but after being linked with us, fair saying that he wasn't unknown anymore...

Justin

Unknown - check
Exotic name - check
Called the "new someone" - check
No quotes - check
Shit source - check

So starts another cycle in the life of a new CAF transfer muppet target.
Need youtube compilation

Drifter

American
20-year-old midfielder Ilkay Gundogan , touted as the next Mesut Ozil , is on Manchester United 's radar.

He produced another great performance for FC Nurnberg, netting a brace in their important 3-2 win over Werder Bremen at the weekend.

The Daily Mail reports that Manchester United have begun to take note of Gundogan, who has been earning rave reviews in the Bundesliga and has been compared to Real Madrid and Germany star Mesut Ozil .

Another from the production line of excellent German footballers of Turkish decent, Gundogan has played at both Schalke's and Bochum's youth academies and also represented Germany at all youth levels.

Nurnberg are reported to be demanding a minimum of £8 million for the young playmaker and it is not yet known if Manchester United are likely to make a bid.

Gundogan plays as an attacking central midfielder and is known as a dynamic presence, performing a very creative role in Nurnberg's attack. The young dribbler has a powerful shot from long distance and is recognized as a great free kick taker.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
20-year-old midfielder Ilkay Gundogan , touted as the next Mesut Ozil , is on Manchester United 's radar.

He produced another great performance for FC Nurnberg, netting a brace in their important 3-2 win over Werder Bremen at the weekend.

The Daily Mail reports that Manchester United have begun to take note of Gundogan, who has been earning rave reviews in the Bundesliga and has been compared to Real Madrid and Germany star Mesut Ozil .

Another from the production line of excellent German footballers of Turkish decent, Gundogan has played at both Schalke's and Bochum's youth academies and also represented Germany at all youth levels.

Nurnberg are reported to be demanding a minimum of £8 million for the young playmaker and it is not yet known if Manchester United are likely to make a bid.

Gundogan plays as an attacking central midfielder and is known as a dynamic presence, performing a very creative role in Nurnberg's attack. The young dribbler has a powerful shot from long distance and is recognized as a great free kick taker.
Fits our current transfer strategy, attacking midfield is a weakness in our squad. Could probably see this happen frankly.

Drifter

American
FC Nurnberg have revealed that they are resigned to losing £7 million-rated midfielder Ilkay Gundogan in the summer, with Manchester United set to take advantage of the Bundesliga side’s ‘economic considerations’ after sending several scouts to watch the 20-year-old in action.

The German U21 international’s contract expires in the summer of 2012, and it appears that Nurnberg’s hierarchy are left with no option but to cash in on their prize asset.

Nurnberg’s general manager Martin Bader has admitted that he has now conceded that Gundogan will be moving on come July:

“We are subject to economic considerations. It’s a fact that clubs from inside and outside the Bundesliga have learned about the exceptional qualities of Gundogan. We cannot stand in his way.”

From the admittedly little that I’ve witnessed, Gundogan seems to be a creative central midfielder with a knack of springing up in the right place at the right time and a penchant for the odd mazy dribble here and there, not a million miles away from squinty dynamo Emre Belozoglu in terms of style – although that may just be the Turkish heritage playing tricks on me.

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
We need to get our Bundesliga experts in here. He looks awfully small in stature and yet he is coping just fine in a pretty physical league already

Jaap

We need to get our Bundesliga experts in here. He looks awfully small in stature and yet he is coping just fine in a pretty physical league already
I have only seen him play in his recent matches, but he's surprised me and has been the best player on the pitch by far. Against Werder Bremen, he was sublime. Lovely technique, great eye for a pass and a hard-worker too.

I do think, however, another year in the Bundesliga would be better for him, before eventually (and he will) moving to a big club.

Hoffenheim and Werder Bremen are said to be interested in him also.

Devil may care

I'd like to see a video that shows more of his all round game, from that video he looks like a second striker as opposed to a midfielder.

Anduin

Jaap's spot on.

He's a brilliant prospect, very good on the ball, has an eye for the goal due to his excellent off the ball movement despite him being so young. He links up very well with Ekici (Bayern Munich youth player currently on loan at Nuernberg) and centre forward Julian Schieber who acts as a target man similar to Mario Gomez. I rate Gundogan, but he should really stay in Germany for now. Give him another year and Nuernberg won't be able to keep him. He should have moved to Hoffenheim for around 7m Euros before the season, but rejected the move because he wanted to complete his school education.

Transfer United Till I Die

I am totally in the know, honest
That tor kristian karlsen chap was saying the other day that he is forever surprised how the premier league clubs almost ignore the bundesliga as a source of talent despite it being full of quality young players available at prices even cheaper than in France.

Devil may care

By all accounts he will be sold in the summer so for those that have seen him; would he be worth getting in straight away as opposed to letting him go somewhere else and potentially having to pay 3 times as much, is his potential that high?

Georgie Best

If I had to choose between sleeping with Miss Worl
That tor kristian karlsen chap was saying the other day that he is forever surprised how the premier league clubs almost ignore the bundesliga as a source of talent despite it being full of quality young players available at prices even cheaper than in France.
But he has a point there... There were more Germans for example in Italy and Spain earlier, but it looks like there was little export from Germany the last decade. This one started with a bang with both Özil and Khedira finding their way to Real Madrid. As a nation, Germany is always one of the best national teams in the world.

The Bundesliga is likely to be the most similar league to the Premier League as well. Germans has always worked hard at the defensive bit, are often rather strong physique and values efficiency up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.