‘Mourinho Needs A Smack In The Mouth’

reddevilcanada

Catania director Pietro Lo Monaco has launched a sensational attack on Jose Mourinho’s arrogance and lack of respect by declaring that the Inter coach deserves a “smack in the mouth”.

Inter defeated Catania 2-1 at San Siro on Saturday evening in a hugely controversial game that the ten-man Nerazzurri only won thanks to a goal that appeared to have not crossed the line.

Mourinho’s quotes both before and after the match have upset and angered Catania, who believe that the tactician is showing a lack of respect to his adversaries.

Prior to the game, Mourinho stated: "We want to win, we have to win and I think we will win because we're better, both as a team and on an individual level.”

After the 2-1 win, the Portuguese then commented: “Catania played their game, but the right result should have been 3-1, 4-1, or 5-1.”

In a quite explosive response, Catania director Pietro Lo Monaco has launched an incredible attack on Mourinho.

“Someone who says these kind of things does not have respect for his adversaries,” roared Lo Monaco.

“He doesn’t respect the host nation [Italy], or the coaches. He could have avoided what he said and answering back was too easy.

"He should think about his own problems. If he does not win this year, he should pack his suitcase and go back to his own country.

“Mourinho is simply someone who should be smacked in the mouth."

It remains to be seen what response these explosive statements provoke from Inter, but one thing is clear and that is that Mourinho’s popularity in Italy is decreasing by the day.

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=864894

The Special one doesn't seem to be enjoying his time as much as he did in England.

Alex

Actually I bet he is reveling in the attention, plus his team is probably the best in the league as well

Merman

I like Moureen. He thinks and acts like a football fan at times.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
He is already hated in Italy even by the Inter fans. The English media always loved him, the Italian media does the opposite. And yes he seems a bit bored.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Mourinho: Who is Lo Monaco? Monday 15 September, 2008

Inter's Jose Mourinho has mocked Catania sporting director Pietro Lo Monaco as a war of words between the two clubs starts to gain momentum.

The Italian champions had to fight hard to beat Catania 2-1 last Saturday after they had been reduced to 10 men by the controversial dismissal of Sulley Muntari.

But Mourinho angered Catania director Lo Monaco by claiming that it “should have been 5-1 to Inter” and that he could have played in goal for the Nerazzurri without conceding.

Lo Monaco blasted the Portuguese tactician for a lack of respect, but Mourinho has struck back by satirising the Etnei man's name - Monaco means 'monk' and is also the Italian name for Munich.

“Who is Lo Monaco?” he said. “I know of the Tibetan monk, the Principality of Monaco, Bayern Munich and the Monaco Grand Prix, but that's all.

“If this Lo Monaco wants to make a name for himself by talking about me then he should pay me.

“I already have sponsors who pay me for publicity and I'm not paid to make a name for Lo Monaco. I guess that those who want to be on the front page know how to get there,” he sniped.

Mourinho is right, Lo Monaco always wants attention. Just like when he claimed he would resign about a year ago because of the violence in Italy.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Hate him or love him, the guy's fecking hilarious.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You need to understand one thing. Unlike England where managers has nearly absolute power, in Italy that role does not exist. Many key duties (like bringing in new players) is monitored and conducted by other people and its common that a coach doesn't get what he wants. At Inter Mourinho has a role very similar to what Queroz used to cover with us. Therefore no wonder why the Italians are not happy of such arrogance since

a) they had recently produced better coaches then him (Capello, Sacchi and Lippi to mention a few)

b) he is just a coach. (Imagine if Phelan starts insulting everyone else).

Alex

Mourinho: Who is Lo Monaco? Monday 15 September, 2008

Inter's Jose Mourinho has mocked Catania sporting director Pietro Lo Monaco as a war of words between the two clubs starts to gain momentum.

The Italian champions had to fight hard to beat Catania 2-1 last Saturday after they had been reduced to 10 men by the controversial dismissal of Sulley Muntari.

But Mourinho angered Catania director Lo Monaco by claiming that it “should have been 5-1 to Inter” and that he could have played in goal for the Nerazzurri without conceding.

Lo Monaco blasted the Portuguese tactician for a lack of respect, but Mourinho has struck back by satirising the Etnei man's name - Monaco means 'monk' and is also the Italian name for Munich.

“Who is Lo Monaco?” he said. “I know of the Tibetan monk, the Principality of Monaco, Bayern Munich and the Monaco Grand Prix, but that's all.

“If this Lo Monaco wants to make a name for himself by talking about me then he should pay me.

“I already have sponsors who pay me for publicity and I'm not paid to make a name for Lo Monaco. I guess that those who want to be on the front page know how to get there,” he sniped.

Mourinho is right, Lo Monaco always wants attention. Just like when he claimed he would resign about a year ago because of the violence in Italy.
:lol:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
:lol: He is fecking brilliant.

How have Inter been playing, if anyone watches them regularly? Boring football like at Chelsea or slightly better?

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
:lol: He is fecking brilliant.

How have Inter been playing, if anyone watches them regularly? Boring football like at Chelsea or slightly better?
Like a Italian Chelsea. Static but full of powerful players that can run over teams.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player

on a serious note, i wouldn't feck with catania, they shoot cops n whatnot...

Keane16

Redcafe Minister for Guinness Therapy
What's this....Jose at the centre of a self-created media controversy?...try and look surprised everyone. It's like the bloody wrestling when he's around....'kin panto act.

Can't stand the man.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Deflecting attention from his poor football and poor form and taking the pressure off his players. Newspapers won't be questioning his tactics or his players, just his attitude. Which is just how he wants it.

Merman

Deflecting attention from his poor football and poor form and taking the pressure off his players. Newspapers won't be questioning his tactics or his players, just his attitude. Which is just how he wants it.
Even wenga and SAF do that. In fact, all great managers do that.

Saints RL MUFC

Well, Mourinho eats babies, sooo...

Eats babies > shoots cops
No, that's Dom Feunati.

Always loved Jose, despite the fact he is a cnut. Probably why he is such a loveable character. You just want to ruffle his hair and offer him a Werthers Original.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Lo Monaco hits back at Jose Tuesday 16 September, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Catania sporting director Pietro Lo Monaco has launched another stinging attack on Inter's Jose Mourinho.

A war of words has been developing since Inter beat Catania 2-1 last Saturday and Mourinho claimed the result should have been 5-1.

Catania director Lo Monaco hit out at the Special One's statement and the Portuguese Coach responded by accusing the Etnei man of trying to get his name in the papers.

“I don't think Italian football would lose anything without Mourinho,” Lo Monaco raged.

“First of all, I certainly don't care about newspaper headlines. I have never tried to seek publicity.

“I am just focused on trying to do the best I can with the modest funds our President can make available, which are certainly dwarfed by Mourinho's side.

“Secondly it is disgraceful that Mourinho makes money through publicity and threw this in my face, along with the people of Catania and all the other smaller clubs, with his disgusting air of superiority and contempt.

“Lastly, I am called Lo Monaco and not just Monaco and I'm sure Mourinho remembered that clearly enough an hour later.”

However, Lo Monaco did apologise for his comment that: “Jose needs a smack in the mouth.”

“My comment wasn't meant to instigate violence,” he insisted. “I will apologise for that if some people interpreted it differently.

“I think that over the years Catania have demonstrated a strong objection to every form of violence and my words were just the result of miscommunication.

“Inter have the strongest squad in Europe, but sadly they also have the biggest blabbermouth of a Coach.”

FranklyVulgar

I've got a pretty little mouth underneath all the
Mourinho is easy to like and easy to dislike.

He is a great manager, he can win games with his mind games but his main strengh is his confidence in himself which transmits to his players. Players love to play for him.

He also recognises what his team needs quickly. At Chelsea the first thing he did was tell Lampard he's the best player in the world. Now Lampard is not, will not be or ever was the best player in the world but Mourinho got the best out of a very effective lampard which was a massive contribution to there success.

At Inter he has done the same thing with Ibrahimovic, identifying him as the man he needs to do the job on the pitch in order for his team to win. Telling him he's the best and already it looks like they have formed a strong relationship.

To think that everyone thought Ibra would be sold because he wasn't Mourinhos type of hardworking forward.

relx

Frnkie Sys

AttackingFlair

Inter have the strongest squad in Europe, but sadly they also have the biggest blabbermouth of a Coach.”
That has to be the dumbest thing I've read today.