‘Robbo - The Bryan Robson story’ (new film)

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
A new film coming out in November. Interviews with SAF, ex players, fans.

Tag line “Captain. Leader. Icon”.… all three are true but ‘leader’ is the most appropriate, yet still doesn’t do him justice. I’ve seen a LOT of great United players over the years but still haven’t see another like him … consistently dragged United to results we simply shouldn’t have got.

https://www.heavyjacketproductions.co.uk/

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

Tag line “Captain. Leader. Icon”.… all three are true but ‘leader’ is the most appropriate, yet still doesn’t do him justice. I’ve seen a LOT of great United players over the years but still haven’t see another like him … consistently dragged United to results we simply shouldn’t have got.

What.A.Player

My absolute hero.

Edit, just watched that clip five times

ericstattoo

Supports
United
Cup winners cup, quarter final second leg against Barcelona, Immense performance. Just typical Robbo.

Red_toad

What a Captain he was, would walk through walls for his team. Will certainly watch.

Charlie Foley

The entire team played like they were possessed (Moses was excellent). Didn’t give Barca a moments rest.
I’ve watched the highlights on YouTube a lot. There’s either a goal or a near miss that comes from absolutely obscene pressing from us. Brilliant. That and Fiorentina in 2000 are great videos. Football is getting soulless

I’ve watched the highlights on YouTube a lot. There’s either a goal or a near miss that comes from absolutely obscene pressing from us. Brilliant. That and Fiorentina in 2000 are great videos. Football is getting soulless
Probably the second goal? Harassed them and they tried to do a backpass to the goalie which Robson nearly intercepted. Broke loose, crossed, goalie fumbled, Robson there to force home.

Goals, tackles (!), headers, defence, passing, driving forward, encouragement and an amazing engine. He had the lot.

And then he‘d drink. Post match interview after the Liverpool semi replay (still the best matches I’ve ever seen) when asked if there’ll be a celebration and he pause, grins and says “I think so” :)

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Brilliant! Robson was truly captain marvel indeed, such an inspiring presence on the field.

Charlie Foley

Probably the second goal? Harassed them and they tried to do a backpass to the goalie which Robson nearly intercepted. Broke loose, crossed, goalie fumbled, Robson there to force home.

Goals, tackles (!), headers, defence, passing, driving forward, encouragement and an amazing engine. He had the lot.

And then he‘d drink. Post match interview after the Liverpool semi replay (still the best matches I’ve ever seen) when asked if there’ll be a celebration and he pause, grins and says “I think so” :)
I think that’s it! Legend

Loon

:lol:
My fav United player of all time. United fans not around during his time have no idea what a Captain and player he was. If only we had him now.

GueRed

Trailer looks good! Can wait..

Robson was my favourite player growing up.

The only player I've ever fanboyed over.

largelyworried

Just an amazing player. The will to win is just about unmatched by any player in our history. Proficient in every way too - passing, shooting, tackling. Nothing weak in his game. But his attitude was just inspirational. When I was a kid the general vibe was, if Robbo plays, we’re gonna win. Marvellous.

Giggsyking

Beautiful, I love Robbo. Cant wait to watch it.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Top player. Will deffo give this a watch.

Why are the targeted adds in this thread for Werther's Originals and Dvd box sets of Last of the Summer Wine?

Bondi77

World class and inspirational Captain......what a fantastic player!

My fav United player of all time. United fans not around during his time have no idea what a Captain and player he was. If only we had him now.
Yes, yes and yes. He’s the only player I’ve met and felt nervous but excited about.

Every generation probably rolls their eyes when the previous one says “oh you should have seen him play. Now he WAS a player”?

While the games moved on, I hand on heart think that if you could transfer a mid 20s Robson to the current game, he’d still stand out as brilliant.
Just an amazing player. The will to win is just about unmatched by any player in our history. Proficient in every way too - passing, shooting, tackling. Nothing weak in his game. But his attitude was just inspirational. When I was a kid the general vibe was, if Robbo plays, we’re gonna win. Marvellous.
I think Ferguson instilled an amazing desire into his teams but Robson had that anyway and inspirational is the word. I don’t think I ever saw him scream at players (like other (great) captains did). He basically said “I’m going to run through walls for 90 minutes” … and they went with him.
Top player. Will deffo give this a watch.

Why are the targeted adds in this thread for Werther's Originals and Dvd box sets of Last of the Summer Wine?
No idea. We’re not old… just experienced.

meninred

I grew up watching robbo. He was one of the reason why I supported United. It was a toss for me between him and Cantona as united greatest player.
(I didnot have the chance to see booby charlton and Gorge best )

djembatheking

I grew up watching robbo. He was one of the reason why I supported United. It was a toss for me between him and Cantona as united greatest player.
(I didnot have the chance to see booby charlton and Gorge best )
Yeh the Holy Trinity were quality, Booby, Gorge and Donuts Law.

Rockets Redglare

Yes, yes and yes. He’s the only player I’ve met and felt nervous but excited about.

Every generation probably rolls their eyes when the previous one says “oh you should have seen him play. Now he WAS a player”?

While the games moved on, I hand on heart think that if you could transfer a mid 20s Robson to the current game, he’d still stand out as brilliant.

I think Ferguson instilled an amazing desire into his teams but Robson had that anyway and inspirational is the word. I don’t think I ever saw him scream at players (like other (great) captains did). He basically said “I’m going to run through walls for 90 minutes” … and they went with him.

No idea. We’re not old… just experienced.
He was the epitome of leading by example.

Jaae

Not ITK
I was at hotel football last Friday for an evening with Bryan Robson. Turns out he was sat on our table all night with his security guard. He was a bit before my time but he was great company.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Seriously though, that bit when the crowd surrounds him and lifts him up after that win over Barcelona still sends shivers down my spine.

Fts 74

My idol when I first started going in the mid 80s.

We were a completely different team with him in it what a player.

I remember going to Anfield bank Holiday 88 he scored after about 3 minutes the old away end corner I was at the top ended up at the bottom when he scored missed the rest of the game as I couldn't see!

Ended 3-3 Strachan cigar celebration.