‘Unknown’ players who will shine at the World Cup.

Josep Dowling

C’mon on ladies and gent. Which players are going to show their quality at the World Cup?

What player will have a maximum of 7 games to prove how good they are. Then there will be the inevitable overpriced transfer to a big European club.

I’m going with Hirving Lozano.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It's one of the reasons I love the WC. There's always a few relatively unknown players who shine.

SouthPredators4

Not exactly an unknown but i am betting on Timo Werner to be a big success and finishing as top scorer.

pregra

Supports
FC Barcelona,Argentina
Cueva from Peru. Looked very good in some of the qualifiers. Also hopeful of Lanzini doing well, he is one of the few Argentina players who is technically solid enough to combine with Messi.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
If they are unknown how are we supposed to know they will shine?

RedCurry

There’ll be that couple of African players who will absolutely rip it up.

Nickosaur

Remember the summer we signed Chicharito for peanuts (was it £6m?) Nobody had heard of him, but he went on to have a great WC.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Serbia have some younger players with good potential in the squad that aren't that well known yet, Luka Jovic, Andrija Zivkovic, Mijat Gacinovic. I don't think they will be regular starters though.

Zielinski from Napoli could break out if Poland do well, though he's already in a good place for his development and seems to already be getting positioned to replace Hamsik.

Red Stone

FM legend, so not unknown for those that play it, but Pione Sisto could have a great tournament for Denmark. Been good for Celta Vigo in La Liga this season.

relx

Frnkie Sys
A long shot but if he makes it to the finalised Australian squad - Daniel Arzani

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Mitrovic perhaps? Coming off a really good spell for Fulham and will be Serbia's main striker. Scored a few in the qualifiers.

Addled

Given that Tunisia & Panama are in England’s group I am expecting one or two of their players to be in the Premiership next year. No idea which ones though.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Benjamin Pavard if he plays. He is France's best CB

Also there is that kid from Paris, just 19 years old. Huge talent, trust me.

SambaBoy

A long shot but if he makes it to the finalised Australian squad - Daniel Arzani
Seen him play a few times for Melbourne City, a great dribbler however when he plays RM, always comes inside on to his left foot which he refuses to use and his decision making is terrible when doing it but his raw ability to beat players is outstanding. He could probably play at a high level if he moved to the left side or improved his decision making/ left foot.