‘Unknown’ players who will shine at the World Cup.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
United were strongly linked with him when he played in Mexico before he moved to PSV, so it’s probably why a lot of us know about him.
Psv bought him last summer for 10m apparently.

They're going to make a quick buck on this guy after the wc.

diarm

I was very impressed by that young winger for Peru yesterday. Think his name was Carillo?

Deleted member 101472

Put it in another thread I think but Frank Fabra the left back for Colombia is really unknown and every time I’ve seen him he looks solid as feck.

Art Vandelay

I liked the look of Gueva as well, even though he missed the penalty.
Yeah, but a lot will depend on how he bounces back from the miss. He looked like he was proper bricking it, but at the same time looked very good before it and his head didn't go completely afterwards. At the very least he will have been noticed more. It could be the making of him if he handles it well.

Saying that I know nothing about him and he could already be in the Bundesliga or somewhere. :lol:

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Hope Hirving Lozano can keep up playing like this, he worked his ass off against Germany and scored a beautiful goal, so if he can finish up half the chances he creates he could become a very exciting player.

Last edited:

criticalanalysis

Hope Hirving Lozano can keep up playing like this, he worked his ass off against Germany and scored a beautiful goal, so if he can finish up half the chances he creates he could become a very exciting player.

Woody probably has good contacts with the PSV guys after Depay's transfer so we should go for him and finally get the Depay we all actually wanted.

I don't see him keeping up the goal tally in the Premier League but his orthodox wing play, natural width and pace would be freaking awesome for the team (and Lukaku specifically).

And also Mexican = shirt sales. Doooooooo it Woody.

RedCurry

Each World Cup Germany has a breakout player and this year might be the year of Brandt. Looked lively in that cameo.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Is the Swiss keeper unknown? Thought he was decent
He's played for 'Gladbach for years in the Bundesliga.

Have to say of all the teams so far the only squads I've hardly known a player from have been Saudi Arabia and Tunisia....can't think of any who've stood out from them.:lol:

I remember in last euros there was a Hungary midfielder who was brilliant in the tournament but don't think he's done much at club level since. Similar to Kaptusza of Poland. And also Renato Sanches.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Unknownplayerson of Iceland
Most of their midfield plays in England. Gunnarsson- Cardiff, Bjarni- Villa, Gudmundson- Burnley, Glyfi aswell of course so most of their team are not unknowns anymore.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Each World Cup Germany has a breakout player and this year might be the year of Brandt. Looked lively in that cameo.
Can't think of a breakout player from the last WC though. All of the starters were established at that point.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Lozano is a great prospect. He is a big part of PSV’s title. He’s prone to cnutish behaviour though. Should try to get that out of his game.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Cheryshev already played for Real Madrid, Valencia and Villareal so wouldn't say he's a complete unknown.

Have to say Fernandes at RB really impressed me, could easily play for a top 8 club in one of the top leagues on this showing.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
What kind of cnutish behaviour? I'd heard he'd been suspended in Mexico and at PSV, but never did hear what for.
Mostly elbowing and kicking and punching at people after they tackle him. It’s mostly as a reaction to being fouled. Think it’s more a temper thing than a cnuty thing. He should get rid of it though.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Have to say Fernandes at RB really impressed me, could easily play for a top 8 club in one of the top leagues on this showing.
He was even linked with us at some point, years ago — and many hailed him as one of the most promising fullbacks of his generation. He stagnated a bit after that, as you can tell, and he loves living in Russia a bit too much (I would've liked to see him play in Europe)