“All or Nothing” Man City Documentary Series on Amazon Prime

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.

Couldn't find a thread on this. Mods, if this should be in the Entertainment thread, my apologies.

Anyone seen this yet? Was just released yesterday on Amazon Prime as it follows City’s championship run from last season. Looks entertaining, but I tend to like these “Hard Knocks” type of all-access shows.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Why the feck would any United fan with any sort of self respect want to watch that propaganda nonsense?

saivet

Why the feck would any United fan with any sort of self respect want to watch that propaganda nonsense?
Behind the scenes at a top PL club, so should be interesting.

I'm gonna watch it at some point. We were never anywhere close to winning it so I'll feel no way watching.

Reddy Rederson

I’d rather use a cheese grater as a flesh light than subject myself to that propaganda puff piece. I saw the trailer, and that was enough. I mean, what exactly is the message of this series? ‘With a little bit of determination, a proven world class manager and a bottomless bank account funded by a crown prince who cattle prods business partners on video, you too can win the league!’?

A video showing Leicester’s winning season I could understand, but this?

ninjaskill

Episode 7 is the only one I’ve seen and I highly recommend it even if the script is written by city pr and bleats on about ref decisions it’s fun to see all their players super pissed at blowing the chance to beat us for the title

Crimson King

I'd rather bleed to death out of my arse hole than watch that oil state propoganda, self-gratifying, Steve Bruce's 'Captain's Log' rip-off pile of wanky shite.

Carolina Red

Staff
@Samid

This isn’t just a City thing... They’ve done these on a few NFL teams and on the NZ All Blacks. They’re a very well done series of documentaries.
Behind the scenes at a top PL club, so should be interesting.
Exactly. I’m a Broncos fan, but the one they did on the Dallas Cowboys was fantastic.

Member 90887

Why is there a thread on that ? is OP a City fan ? should be.

Why would anyone here from here wanna watch that ?

DRM

I only watched a couple of episodes (even then I fast forwarded through). I just wanted to see the team talks from pep, which was quite interesting to see. He really had them motivated.

But mostly it was just city hyperbole, like when they beat united at OT, they narrative was "attacking football beats parking the bus" and city pundits waxing lyrical about them (as you would expect!).

All in all I'd say skip most of it except the pep team talks.

DRM

@Samid

This isn’t just a City thing... They’ve done these on a few NFL teams and on the NZ All Blacks. They’re a very well done series of documentaries.

Exactly. I’m a Broncos fan, but the one they did on the Dallas Cowboys was fantastic.
Those were good documentaries, this is one big city wankfest.

Renegade

Do they force Oasis on all their players? Strange they had a documentary team following them during their best ever season. I wonder if that encourage s the players to play better.

TheReligion

Abusive
What is it they said about us that got Jose annoyed?
They were saying Jose v Pep, attack v park the bus etc.

They basically were giving JM sly digs, especially when we lost to them.

He was asked about it and basically said it's possible to make a good documentary by being respectful and despite the money they have it can't buy class.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Put it on when you're with a woman/man and hope she/he gets bored enough to start shagging you.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Obligatory "I'd rather be shagged by the Count from Sesame Street" comment. Also, I'd rather not watch the City documentary.

Anyway...gotta love the bits where City's admin make great play of the outrageous prices mooted for potential signings. Manchester City: fighting the good fight against money in the game.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
They were saying Jose v Pep, attack v park the bus etc.

They basically were giving JM sly digs, especially when we lost to them.

He was asked about it and basically said it's possible to make a good documentary by being respectful and despite the money they have it can't buy class.
Who's they? The City players or the coaching staff?

Raw

Only interaction I had with this documentary is when they blocked up The Printworks promoting that garbage a few days ago, having to go the long way round just to enter the cinema :lol:

Do wonder what it looked like when we beat them at the Etihad (if they even showed anything). Or if it got any video of the scuffle following their win at Old Trafford.