“All or Nothing” Man City Documentary Series on Amazon Prime

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I don't understand why anyone would want to watch a behind the scenes documentary following city storming the league.

It's not a 'top red' thing, I just can't wrap my head around how you'd get enjoyment from that.

I've loved the NFL ones so far, but if they did one that followed the Patriots winning the Superbowl I wouldn't watch that shit either.
This is why youll never be a FM legend!

Andersons Dietician

Which episode is that section? I’ll probably watch that bit only. (Though after last nights result, I feel like taking a hiatus from watching anything football related!)
I think it’s maybe the 2nd or 3rd episode. It’s the first Manchester derby at OT. It’s actually a really good docu series and I would say well worth a watch, I’m only on episode 5 but so far it’s been really intresting.

Last edited:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Think a lot of the nastiness on here is because we watch how our team play after watching how City play. Simple really.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Is it me or isn't it obvious Guardiola is some sort of drug?

I mean the guy is constantly tweaking and twitching and even during team talks when he is talking during the mellow parts, he's twitching his foot or leg constantly or doing these weird body movements.

He's always fidgety, talking REALLY fast at times when everyone is normal (like during talks by the board) and rambling like if he's on cocaine or amphetamines or something.

Surely he wasn't like this throughout his entire life?
His behaviour indicates massive amounts of cocaine abuse.

NoLogo

Wouldn't surprise me. A lot of people in leading positions who need to always be confident in their mannerisms seem to take it to give themselves a confidence boost. At least the more intelligent ones who actually are capable of self doubt, people like Trump on the other hand don't seem to need it because they are really convinced that they are the shit.

Coxy

It’s heartening to see some of the responses in here about simply not grasping why a United fan would commit about 7-8 hours to watching a positively biased city documentary, in which they take a petty swipe at united, because of course city just can’t do a single thing without involving united.

I’ve said in another thread that I’m not advocating some braindead automatic hatred of a rival, but the type of new age watered down liberal fandom on show from some here Is pathetic. Ask a Liverpool fan to watch an entire series about us. I wonder what ac Milan fans or any Italian rivals thought of the juventus one? Ask any united fan 15 years ago to watch and enjoy it, and be able to seemingly toss aside any issues with the transparent motive of the film, it’s shallow self propagating production, and fall over themselves because of a few slightly cringeworthy clips of guardiola in a changing room saying bog standard things.

I believe by the way that top managers do their work through weeks and months and through loads of small details and relationships with players and primarily work on the training ground. Those looking for some sort of churchillian dressing room speech are not only naive but also seemingly incredibly easy to please as the short snippets I’ve seen bored the hell out of me- apart from the low shot of guardiola about to embark on his ‘intense’ display where he looks directly at the bloody camera. They might as well have said ‘action!’.

It’s bizarre that adults can’t see that they’re being manipulated by a cynical vehicle for city. Hid behind the simple ‘oh it’s interesting to see any top team behind the scenes’ all you want but you’re willingly selling out. Simple as that.

So far we have learned that:

United get narrated as a park the bus club with it cut with clips of mourinho, while city are being talked up.

There’s a clip where the money men balk at a transfer fee because little old city just can’t afford it.

The aforementioned guardiola stunt scenes.

And this isn’t just a city love fest?

Pathetic from anybody here watching it and worse to come on reviewing it. Football for the streaming generation.
Each to their own - however I don't think anyone is 'pathetic' for taking an interest in a football show - especially against a bitter rival.

Also United do not get narrated a park the bus club - Mourinho's tactics do. And it's not done that harshly.

And as for 'little old city' can't afford the player - again it's not as bad as you describe. They just say the economics don't work for them. And it's right - in their situation - why pay for him?

Personally I'm finding the series really interesting - more for the little details like how they dry their boots etc.

JoaquinJoaquin

Does it show any of the players taking injections? Joking.

Imagine if United done one of these, be a fecking Oscar winner. Got Woodward and the Glazers slowly stabbing Mourinho in the back, Mourinho bollocking his players constantly, Lingard sat in the changing room on Snapchat doing Delli Alli Challenges, Luke Shaw getting Maccies delivered from UberEats constantly and the player reactions to getting dominated by the likes of Brighton.
Amazon, what are you waiting for?

Wheato

Not really. Apparently Chelsea was approached first for the doc before they hit up other clubs. It’s just entertainment at the end of the day.
Take away the billion quid of oil money, where is the documentary now? It's a fake plastic club. Everything has been manufactured. Nobody there supports city they are all hired hands filling their pockets.

Reactions: SteveJ

SER19

Each to their own - however I don't think anyone is 'pathetic' for taking an interest in a football show - especially against a bitter rival.

Also United do not get narrated a park the bus club - Mourinho's tactics do. And it's not done that harshly.

And as for 'little old city' can't afford the player - again it's not as bad as you describe. They just say the economics don't work for them. And it's right - in their situation - why pay for him?

Personally I'm finding the series really interesting - more for the little details like how they dry their boots etc.
Well perhaps im more cynical than you but the scene discussing the economics of it to me is absolutely blatantly loaded and the united bit is so obviously un necessary. Incredibly kind of you, borderline naive, ti assume its not.

Ived outlined in the post you quoted why i feel its pathetic to indulge in it as a united fan. That wont change for me.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I thought the Jose thing was kind of harsh myself tbh, not as bad as many are making out but unnecessary.

Dunno if this was City or the writers/directors though trying to make it a good guys vs bad guys thing to hype the game. That said its probably an Amazon production thing as United were the only club to ban filming and they were getting a little dig back.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Loved episode 7 (we beat them twice). Delph seems like a big voice in the dressing room.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I've watched it and really enjoyed it. I don't think the players have a scooby what Pep is actually saying though. Most of it is just rambling :lol:

CognitiveNeuro

Glad I'm not the only one that sees it. I mean there's so many clips of him doing weird stuff that you only see people on drugs do.

For example, take a look at this youtube.com/watch?v=QIieXhN7aeg

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I'm actually thinking of watching one or two just because i love behind the scenes stuff like this. I hate these cnuts and that's why i haven't watched it already, but i also love the sport and the work that goes on behind the scenes. I'll just skip past most of it and just get to the bits i'm interested in. The tactics, team talk etc.

I specifically wanna see how he reacts to losing games and particularly getting knocked out of the Champions League.

lsd

The Oracle
It's nice how many utd fans want to increase the ratings for this show and city in general .

Personally I wouldn't watch it under gun point

Offsideagain

Loved episode 7 (we beat them twice). Delph seems like a big voice in the dressing room.
Delph spends most of his career in the dressing room having moved from Villa, a club he said he would never leave, obviously for the money.
I’d rather watch an autopsy than a self publicising City programme. Have they shown us winning at the Emptyhad? Has the owner shown up yet to gloat over his £3bn investment?

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
There’s some propaganda and pettiness involved, naturally, but it’s worth watching to see how they’re leaving our club behind in the dark ages. It is what it is. Bury your head in the sand if you must.

What matters is that City fans can be happy with the documentary. If one was made on us at the moment it would be as cringy as that Liverpool one where Brendan Rodgers assumed the role of David Brent.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
TXIKI: "Good news, everyone! Sanchez has signed for United for £59m a week! They're ruining football."

PEP: "Right, I'm off to end world hunger."
*flies through window*

DR: "Hi, everybody!"

ALL: "Hi, Doctor Nick Cugat!"

SqueakyWeasel

There’s some propaganda and pettiness involved, naturally, but it’s worth watching to see how they’re leaving our club behind in the dark ages. It is what it is. Bury your head in the sand if you must.

What matters is that City fans can be happy with the documentary. If one was made on us at the moment it would be as cringy as that Liverpool one where Brendan Rodgers assumed the role of David Brent.
The Orifice ;)

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Little more than PR puffery as all home-made sports documentaries are... boring

Needham

Is it me or isn't it obvious Guardiola is some sort of drug?

I mean the guy is constantly tweaking and twitching and even during team talks when he is talking during the mellow parts, he's twitching his foot or leg constantly or doing these weird body movements.

He's always fidgety, talking REALLY fast at times when everyone is normal (like during talks by the board) and rambling like if he's on cocaine or amphetamines or something.

Surely he wasn't like this throughout his entire life?
He's very highly cognitively neuro. Been surprised by the purely emotive content of his team talks. It's obviously edited to make him look less of the tactical monster we'd all been told he was, and hence City are a 'peoples' project. But he moves those tactical bean counters around the whiteboard like a comedian doing it for random funny effect. I'm sure some of the players must zone out.

liamp

He's very highly cognitively neuro. Been surprised by the purely emotive content of his team talks. It's obviously edited to make him look less of the tactical monster we'd all been told he was, and hence City are a 'peoples' project. But he moves those tactical bean counters around the whiteboard like a comedian doing it for random funny effect. I'm sure some of the players must zone out.
I'm sure the players zone out. I would argue that the importance of prematch and half-time talks is pretty overstated. Amazon barely showed anything substantive from their training sessions beyond some shots of goalkeeping drills and a few minutes on El Rondo... probably because City nixed it. I'm sure that's where you'd see the real meat of how Pep conducts his business

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Delph spends most of his career in the dressing room having moved from Villa, a club he said he would never leave, obviously for the money.
I’d rather watch an autopsy than a self publicising City programme. Have they shown us winning at the Emptyhad? Has the owner shown up yet to gloat over his £3bn investment?
Episode 7 also involves an in depth look at the derby. City fans crying at the prospect of winning the league against United, believing the job was done at HT.

Delph's one of the angriest players after the game.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Don't confuse loud for big. Thought he came across thick as shit. Your typical jock footballer. Kompany, on the other hand, big voice in the dressing room and seems like a class act.
Yeah true but I appreciated what he was saying.

Agree re Kompany, he really does come across well throughout.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
I'm actually thinking of watching one or two just because i love behind the scenes stuff like this. I hate these cnuts and that's why i haven't watched it already, but i also love the sport and the work that goes on behind the scenes. I'll just skip past most of it and just get to the bits i'm interested in. The tactics, team talk etc.

I specifically wanna see how he reacts to losing games and particularly getting knocked out of the Champions League.
There were several comments/moments from Pep that kinda surprised me.
  • Pep says to the camera "I’m going to tell you something that is absolutely true: I don’t have all the answers! Often when I don’t know something, I act in front of the players as if I do. I do it so that they believe I have the answers and that gives them the confidence to play.
  • Pep says at halftime of some game that they're either tied or losing (paraphrasing), "I don't care about the scoreline. I just want to see my team play football. Where is my team? Show who we are."
  • "Of course I'm going to defend you until the last day in our lives in the press conference, but here (dressing room), I am going to tell you the truth."
  • "Some of you play better when you are angry with me. So if you hate me, hate me guys! No problem at all!"
  • "I know your quality is there I know you are talented players. But to become a top top team you have to learn how to play football with courage."
  • Pep shows a PowerPoint slide of every possible record that City could still break and whose record they'd be breaking. This was shown before they clinched, but after they got knocked outta champions league. Surprised me a little that he actually used that as motivation.

liamp

Episode 7 also involves an in depth look at the derby. City fans crying at the prospect of winning the league against United, believing the job was done at HT.

Delph's one of the angriest players after the game.
I enjoyed that (for many reasons) but I thought it was interesting that Pep cut him off initially to make it clear what Delph was saying (they stopped running) had nothing to do with why they lost but then let him finish his rant.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
There were several comments/moments from Pep that kinda surprised me.
  • Pep says to the camera "I’m going to tell you something that is absolutely true: I don’t have all the answers! Often when I don’t know something, I act in front of the players as if I do. I do it so that they believe I have the answers and that gives them the confidence to play.
  • Pep says at halftime of some game that they're either tied or losing (paraphrasing), "I don't care about the scoreline. I just want to see my team play football. Where is my team? Show who we are."
  • "Of course I'm going to defend you until the last day in our lives in the press conference, but here (dressing room), I am going to tell you the truth."
  • "Some of you play better when you are angry with me. So if you hate me, hate me guys! No problem at all!"
  • "I know your quality is there I know you are talented players. But to become a top top team you have to learn how to play football with courage."
  • Pep shows a PowerPoint slide of every possible record that City could still break and whose record they'd be breaking. This was shown before they clinched, but after they got knocked outta champions league. Surprised me a little that he actually used that as motivation.
I skimmed through a couple of episodes. I just wanted to see the team talks at half time and full time. Also wanted to look into the tactics and what goes on in team meetings, etc - what he's like with the players and all that jazz. I didn't give a shite about the interviews or watching the highlights of the matches or any of that bollox. I hate the bastards, but i'm interested in the background stuff.
It's not a great show/documentary really. Highly sanitised (as you would expect) and they also kind of brushed over the Champiosn League exit. They lost but there was no deep dive into what was said. No full time team talk or anything like that. The main reason i watched some of it was to see how he dealt with a big loss and adversity. But i didn't get any of that.

Pretty shite tbh.