“All or Nothing” Man City Documentary Series on Amazon Prime

Hughie77

How much are those t shirts with we did it on derby day going for? I think I've seen them in the recycling plant being cut to ribbons.
Like Jose said you can't buy class! And those t shirts proved it aragant tits lot if them. Watch our treble winning DVD instead better watch. When they were in league 1 and the Arabs where still boaring holes in the ground.

M113FF

Supports
City
I skimmed through a couple of episodes. I just wanted to see the team talks at half time and full time. Also wanted to look into the tactics and what goes on in team meetings, etc - what he's like with the players and all that jazz. I didn't give a shite about the interviews or watching the highlights of the matches or any of that bollox. I hate the bastards, but i'm interested in the background stuff.
It's not a great show/documentary really. Highly sanitised (as you would expect) and they also kind of brushed over the Champiosn League exit. They lost but there was no deep dive into what was said. No full time team talk or anything like that. The main reason i watched some of it was to see how he dealt with a big loss and adversity. But i didn't get any of that.

Pretty shite tbh.
There was a restriction on camera access in the dressing room for the Champions League exit. Presumably to do with UEFA.

There is heated post-match dressing room stuff for the draws at Palace and Burnley and the losses against Wigan and United.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Just tried watching this. Bloody hell is it stretched out, its mainly montages and voice over with the odd scene in between.

Renegade

I keep hearing that soundbite in adverts of Pep going “its close, it’s so close” and I can’t help but burst out laughing. His clearly dramatising his speech there for the camera’s. It’s like something from an Hollywood movie. Cringe.

Reiver

I keep hearing that soundbite in adverts of Pep going “its close, it’s so close” and I can’t help but burst out laughing. His clearly dramatising his speech there for the camera’s. It’s like something from an Hollywood movie. Cringe.
Agreed. Hear it on Talk Sport all the time. " If you hate me then hate me". Thought it was an actor and it was a film not a documentary. It's not impossible I would watch it, eventually, but this puts me right off.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
So I assume this is nothing like the Pool documentary NBC Sports did a year or two back is it? I kind of... *gasp* liked that. Same with the Juve doc on Netflix. Partly because it wasn't very polished. This sounds like it is.

FujiVice

Is this as shit as "Beyond the Promise Land"? Which was fecking dog shit. 90 minutes of absolute commercial shite.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Do people actually find these things interesting?

I watched a couple of episodes and apart from Pep who manages to be mildly interesting (as in, you would probably find him interesting if you actually support City so have a reason to be interested), it's just boring.

There isn't much insight in watching a program that seems to be trying to pretend that a football club is run by a bunch of super heroes, yet at the same time is too childish to be filmed from an objective perspective, so mostly just comes off as obnoxous.

If the aim was to make it an accessible program for all football fans, surely you make a documentary offering unbiased insight into how a football team works behind the scenes. Not a program that's basically Man City bigging up themselves to Man City fans, in the hope it for some unlogical reason tricks non Man City fans into being Man City fans.

That said, there was that one about Liverpool a few years ago that was unbiased, and that was equally as uninteresting. As was the one about Neville, Scholes etc. and their Salford team. Beyond people being angry in the dressing room there just isn't much about football behind the scenes, that isn't boring in comparison to what happens on the pitch.

The most entertaining attempt at this is still that time Rio Ferdinand discovered how to take videos on his i-phone during our pre-season tour...and that was only interesting because it revealed what an annoying person Nani is.

Last edited:

Culero

Watched it all and here are my thoughts

- Clearly a PR exercise albeit a decent docuseries, the dark tone painted of Mou's United (whom I am not a fan of) was unnecessary a feel and a bit small time.
- Pep is intense as expected, he does strike me as a coach that you would run walls through though, past players that have complained about him made him look awkward but he came across well with
this intensity that was motivating.
- Players are very tight-night, Mendy is City's Evra, Delph is a lot more vocal than you expect and Kompany is an exemplary captain.
- Bernardo Silva speaks the best English out of all foreign players even though he's spent the shortest time here.
- Interestingly, the half-time team talk by against United at Etihad was all about keeping the intensity up, not to underestimate and relax and United back in. United then end up doing the comeback :lol:
- Pep confessed to Sterling that he subbed him off (Burnley) because he kept missing chances, but during the game period was supportive, probably his motivating tactic but a bit odd to confess that I felt.
- Being a kit man of your favourite team sounds like a dream job, travel and interact with the players everyday.
- Aguero seems to live a lonely life, massive house all to himself as his kid and ex lives in Argentina and only comes for a visit a month. He mostly hangs out with De Gea which makes sense because of their Atletico days.
- John Stones is a lot more playful and light hearted than I thought, thought he was quiet person.
- Fernandinho doesn't talk much at all.
- Kompany's father in law is a United fan, they both watched the West Brom game together and at the end you can see the whole family celebrating, apart from the father in law staring into the distance :lol:
- Pep treated Yaya Toure very well based on footage, as suspected Yaya and his agents are being idiots.
- The footage of the City bus entering Anfield was phenomenal, really captured the intensity and the vicious atmosphere with the Liverpool fans taunting, throwing objects and being absolute dicks.
- Apparently United refused the filming of the OT game hence no footage of the milk cartoon fight.

The biggest issue is that in didn't dig deep enough I felt, everything touched the surface. Nothing to candid about the players or what made Pep into the manager he is today. But at the same time as it was
a PR driven docu-series then it will be more ad-like than a thrilling in depth sports documentary. Still enjoyed it for what it was.

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
All or Nothing series are just meant to be a below the surface, light entertainment docus, not fecking Louis Theroux!!!

Anyway, I haven't watched it yet because my TV literally blew up just as i was about to put it on :lol:

Think a lot of the nastiness on here is because we watch how our team play after watching how City play. Simple really.
It's exactly that. A lot more of us will be watching if we weren't so insecure about our own team and club at this moment. I remember a lot of our fans rather enjoyed the Being Liverpool doc at the time...

SER19

All or Nothing series are just meant to be a below the surface, light entertainment docus, not fecking Louis Theroux!!!

Anyway, I haven't watched it yet because my TV literally blew up just as i was about to put it on :lol:

It's exactly that. A lot more of us will be watching if we weren't so insecure about our own team and club at this moment. I remember a lot of our fans rather enjoyed the Being Liverpool doc at the time...
Is it 'exactly that'?

Thanks for boiling down the feelings of complete strangers and telling them how they feel and why. Moving away from both incredibly arrogant posts, theres plenty of reasons plenty of people arent jumping on board the city love in even with morbid curiosity. Part of it for some is that, you know, theyre man utd fans and couldn't give a feck about citys nauseating propaganda.

steve zizou

Is it 'exactly that'?

Thanks for boiling down the feelings of complete strangers and telling them how they feel and why. Moving away from both incredibly arrogant posts, theres plenty of reasons plenty of people arent jumping on board the city love in even with morbid curiosity. Part of it for some is that, you know, theyre man utd fans and couldn't give a feck about citys nauseating propaganda.
I was replying to another post not making a sweeping general statement. There are plenty of arrogant posts from top reds in this thread as well in case you missed them.

Fair enough if you're not interested in watching and there are plenty of reasons not to watch but also plenty of reasons why other fans are watching and not all because they love city.

Also do you wonder why there's even an apparent city love in? Is it because they are currently a better team who play better football and appear to be better run at board level?? Qualities that used to be associated with Manchester United Football Club?

Like I said if we were better than them, a lot more of us would be watching. Just as we watched the 'Being Liverpool' documentary and we continue to watch Arsenal Fan TV.

Moonred

To be honest, I wouldn’t watch it if it was about Pep’s Barca either. The whole thing seems rather boring. Don’t mind reading about some of it if it’s truly interesting or watching a few clips at best.

SER19

I was replying to another post not making a sweeping general statement. There are plenty of arrogant posts from top reds in this thread as well in case you missed them.

Fair enough if you're not interested in watching and there are plenty of reasons not to watch but also plenty of reasons why other fans are watching and not all because they love city.

Also do you wonder why there's even an apparent city love in? Is it because they are currently a better team who play better football and appear to be better run at board level?? Qualities that used to be associated with Manchester United Football Club?

Like I said if we were better than them, a lot more of us would be watching. Just as we watched the 'Being Liverpool' documentary and we continue to watch Arsenal Fan TV.
Even then thats not 'exactly it' and i also think in a world where we were playing well and competing thered be even less people watching. The post you replied to was a stupid and simplified one which you said was exactly it. Its not exactly anything. Theres city posters saying its a load of shite and i cant fathom any united fan in any era deciding to commit 8 hours of their life to a biased marketing exercise of our rivals. The Liverpool one was largely lambasted as a cringeworthy piece of shit.

steve zizou

Even then thats not 'exactly it' and i also think in a world where we were playing well and competing thered be even less people watching. The post you replied to was a stupid and simplified one which you said was exactly it. Its not exactly anything. Theres city posters saying its a load of shite and i cant fathom any united fan in any era deciding to commit 8 hours of their life to a biased marketing exercise of our rivals. The Liverpool one was largely lambasted as a cringeworthy piece of shit.
I know its semantics but heres the original quote
Think a lot of the nastiness on here is because we watch how our team play after watching how City play. Simple really.
Im agreeing to his point that a lot (not all) of the "nasty" comments are simply because we are jealous of their football. That's just my opinion but i think it's rooted in some truth.

Back to the documentary. We are not arguing about the objective quality of the program. I've watched the all Blacks all or nothing and the Juve one on netflix and didnt think they were groudbreaking documentaries either. Just light entertainment (sporting equivalent to the kardashian show).

As for if fewer fans would watch if we were playing well, A lot more of our fans watch AFTV than watch our own youtube equivalent. The let us laugh at [insert rival team] threads are always a hit on here, except when these rival teams start doing better than us.

A lot of rival fans will probably watch a United docu now than they would 5 years ago.

SER19

Im agreeing to his point that a lot (not all) of the "nasty" comments are simply because we are jealous of their football. That's just my opinion but i think it's rooted in some truth.

Back to the documentary. We are not arguing about the objective quality of the program. I've watched the all Blacks all or nothing and the Juve one on netflix and didnt think they were groudbreaking documentaries either. Just light entertainment (sporting equivalent to the kardashian show).

As for if fewer fans would watch if we were playing well, A lot more of our fans watch AFTV than watch our own youtube equivalent. The let us laugh at [insert rival team] threads are always a hit on here, except when these rival teams start doing better than us.

A lot of rival fans will probably watch a United docu now than they would 5 years ago.
Seem to have different opinions to that. The thought of united fans during Ferguson’s era even considering watching seems mind boggling to me. Recent years and the Internet, in my opinion, has seen a watered down support of teams and a near obsessive support of individuals. Guardiola could take a shit on the middle of the table and many many united fans, on here, would be passing round the spoons to dig in. I believe a certain brand of united fans more than ever are obsessed by city and guardiola More than they ever have been of other football rivals. I’m not a ‘top red’ nor trying to be, just how I see it

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

I am not watching because I don't have Amazon Prime anyway and will admit I am jealous of how they play, and that unlike Liverpool it is leading to trophies. I am jealous I will admit it. Which is why I will not go out of my way to watch it. I am also worried sick about what is happening to my club, no direction, no leadership, awful tumescent football. At the moment I have no faith in the board, the manager and even more worrying, (yet again for the third manager), the players. At the moment we are the polar opposite of City and something needs to change at our club.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Interesting to hear unfiltered opinion, Pep here talking about Sterling after he missed some really good chances in a 1-1 draw with Burnley

Sanche7

Do people actually find these things interesting?

I watched a couple of episodes and apart from Pep who manages to be mildly interesting (as in, you would probably find him interesting if you actually support City so have a reason to be interested), it's just boring.

There isn't much insight in watching a program that seems to be trying to pretend that a football club is run by a bunch of super heroes, yet at the same time is too childish to be filmed from an objective perspective, so mostly just comes off as obnoxous.

If the aim was to make it an accessible program for all football fans, surely you make a documentary offering unbiased insight into how a football team works behind the scenes. Not a program that's basically Man City bigging up themselves to Man City fans, in the hope it for some unlogical reason tricks non Man City fans into being Man City fans.

That said, there was that one about Liverpool a few years ago that was unbiased, and that was equally as uninteresting. As was the one about Neville, Scholes etc. and their Salford team. Beyond people being angry in the dressing room there just isn't much about football behind the scenes, that isn't boring in comparison to what happens on the pitch.

The most entertaining attempt at this is still that time Rio Ferdinand discovered how to take videos on his i-phone during our pre-season tour...and that was only interesting because it revealed what an annoying person Nani is.
The Class of 92 documentary was pretty good. Gave me goosebumps as a United supporter and was pretty well made although it didn't have SAF in it IIRC
Think it is the best football related documentary I have watched

saivet

I've nearly finished the first four episodes and have found it pretty interesting. If they did another one on a different PL team, I'd give it a watch.

In reference to the first derby, the narrative of us being an ultra defensive park the bus team (while there is an element of truth) was way over the top.

Smithy_123

I watched the first episode and found it entertaining. Too bad they didn't film the season before though.

TheReligion

Abusive
I can't identify with any of you who have actually, or would want to, sit through this.

I can't even look at the billboards around the city with Peps face on without uttering the words "little twat" to myself or whoever I'm with.

RedFish

I am not watching because I don't have Amazon Prime anyway and will admit I am jealous of how they play, and that unlike Liverpool it is leading to trophies. I am jealous I will admit it. Which is why I will not go out of my way to watch it. I am also worried sick about what is happening to my club, no direction, no leadership, awful tumescent football. At the moment I have no faith in the board, the manager and even more worrying, (yet again for the third manager), the players. At the moment we are the polar opposite of City and something needs to change at our club.
I am worried with you. Barely started the season .and I wonder how worse the mood can get around OT.

roseguy64

Watched it all and here are my thoughts

- Clearly a PR exercise albeit a decent docuseries, the dark tone painted of Mou's United (whom I am not a fan of) was unnecessary a feel and a bit small time.
- Pep is intense as expected, he does strike me as a coach that you would run walls through though, past players that have complained about him made him look awkward but he came across well with
this intensity that was motivating.
- Players are very tight-night, Mendy is City's Evra, Delph is a lot more vocal than you expect and Kompany is an exemplary captain.
- Bernardo Silva speaks the best English out of all foreign players even though he's spent the shortest time here.
- Interestingly, the half-time team talk by against United at Etihad was all about keeping the intensity up, not to underestimate and relax and United back in. United then end up doing the comeback :lol:
- Pep confessed to Sterling that he subbed him off (Burnley) because he kept missing chances, but during the game period was supportive, probably his motivating tactic but a bit odd to confess that I felt.
- Being a kit man of your favourite team sounds like a dream job, travel and interact with the players everyday.
- Aguero seems to live a lonely life, massive house all to himself as his kid and ex lives in Argentina and only comes for a visit a month. He mostly hangs out with De Gea which makes sense because of their Atletico days.
- John Stones is a lot more playful and light hearted than I thought, thought he was quiet person.
- Fernandinho doesn't talk much at all.
- Kompany's father in law is a United fan, they both watched the West Brom game together and at the end you can see the whole family celebrating, apart from the father in law staring into the distance :lol:
- Pep treated Yaya Toure very well based on footage, as suspected Yaya and his agents are being idiots.
- The footage of the City bus entering Anfield was phenomenal, really captured the intensity and the vicious atmosphere with the Liverpool fans taunting, throwing objects and being absolute dicks.
- Apparently United refused the filming of the OT game hence no footage of the milk cartoon fight.

The biggest issue is that in didn't dig deep enough I felt, everything touched the surface. Nothing to candid about the players or what made Pep into the manager he is today. But at the same time as it was
a PR driven docu-series then it will be more ad-like than a thrilling in depth sports documentary. Still enjoyed it for what it was.
A good summary this

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I've only watched Episode 7... 10 minutes onwards is essential viewing for anyone on here.

Though it does obviously leave out Fernandinho's red card challenge (though a lot of outlets at the time did too to be fair)

ToToMarshall

Why on earth is there a thread for this? And for Christ's sake how has it got to 9 pages long??? What were you lot who hate it expecting lol? It's a dramatised series following one of our biggest rivals as they go and win the league in the most comprehensive fashion anyone's seen in years, where the editing is highly influenced by the club itself? It's not a Panorama, it's not some independent investigative piece that's trying to give a balanced view on the whole club, so what the feck were any of you expecting? It's an 8-piece story-telling of 'The Centurions'. Quelle suprise, you fecking hate it. Wow, huge shock. Just seems a bit weird for people to come here to congregate to moan about hating something that isn't really meant for them.

Yes it's a shiny shameless bit of commercial crap that's attempting to force the club and how great it thinks it is down peoples' throats. However, despite the players being players from a club I despise, it was quite cool to see a more human side to them (something we rarely see of any footballers at any club at the elite level), and I found the stuff centred around Pep, his tactics, his staff and his team-talks to actually be really interesting.

People revelling in the episode we beat them is even more pathetic to me. Yeah it's funny they thought they were going to win the league against us and we spoilt their party, but it's still a bit moot when a week later we handed to them anyway by losing to the worst team in the league. They wiped the floor with us for 9 months, I enjoyed that match when it happened, but it wasn't even a crumb of comfort at the end of the day.

Relem

Ben Kingsley's pompous voice over grated. Would have been so much better if Terry Christian had got the gig.

predator

Youth NITK
I've watched it all and it was a good insight imo. I liked how it paints Manchester as a city and also it was intriguing to see Pep's way of managing internally.

Some things I gathered from it...

They call Sterling Raj for some reason.

They are very consolidate as a group of lads. I couldn't help but wonder how together our squad is compared to there's.

The likes of Kompany and Yaya (been there for a while) regularly talked about United which was probably instilled into them from when they signed. The newer signings aren't as obsessed with bettering us than the former.

Guardiola is simply a great manager and it pains me to see him managing them lot considering the mess we are in.

Sheikh Mansour will probably do Pep's tits in with the 'more trophies' comments he makes.

sp_107

It's going well for them at this moment so lot of feel good factor around but imagine if Pep doesn't get results. I think he will be more miserable than Jose !

We have seen few glimpses of that in his first season so better We wait and see what happens if some one else really stand up and fight for tittle

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Ia this made in the same way as the "all or nothing" bits on american football? or is it a Vanity piece, same as the "Juve" ad on Netflix. Rather watch "Last Chance U"...

Last edited: