“I’d never seen him so happy” – Lukaku present when Pogba signed for Man United

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is there a French kid out there with aspiration for competitive football who doesn't view Zidane as, at the very least, an example to follow?
For Pogba's generation it's impossible to go past Zidane, he was everything for France.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I too would be happy to sign a work contract with an outrageous sum at the bottom.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He's signed for Manchester United. Why wouldn't he be happy?
According to some it has to be money related. One of the most coveted young players in europe wouldn't want to come back and actually live in Manchester.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Stay here or Juve?
At United, he wanted to play so arranged a move out of the club when he thought that his chance wasn't coming soon enough but he was torn between actually move for playing time and stay in a club where he loves everyone. Now Evra said that SAF sent him to talk with Pogba and that Pogba was sleepless and crying but that there was nothing to do because the decision was already made.(I think that at that time, Pogba had only verbally agreed to join Juventus)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Jose sign him up!

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
I think anyone who watched him walk out on to the pitch for his second debut knew this already. He looked as happy as can be, and proud as a peacock.

Seveneric

What a surprise! I for one thought he looked really sad, and on the verge of killing himself, glad Lukaku could now inform me he was really happy.

NYAS

There is interview with Telefoot where he is asked to describe United and he can't find his words, his eyes are just sparking.
I'd like to see this, might you have a link please?

MounchesterUtd

This goes against the official Pogba narrative that he's only using United for the pay raise and as a stepping stone to the Spanish giants, so it must be wrong :wenger:

lsd

The Oracle
I have wondered what Lukaku was doing at the hotel that night ..I remember a few rumours of secret talks going on.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This goes against the official Pogba narrative that he's only using United for the pay raise and as a stepping stone to the Spanish giants, so it must be wrong :wenger:
Tbf, he did kinda use madrid to get covered in money by united, in a way :angel:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The guy's just outgoing and confident, maybe a little immature but not in a bad way. Don't have him down as arrogant at all.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
It is unfortunate Juve is considered a sort of university / erasmus by budding stars nowadays but it also shows evidence of the gap (the gulf) between 550m/year and 350m/year turnover. That said, Agnelli & Marotta proudly boast the club is almost self sustaining and so ok, we try our best to win both on the pitch and accounting.

The BlackGaijin

Ohh ffs!!. They are killing all the drama by being nice and saying nice things about each other.
The Jose-Mata standoff never happened as predicted. Rooney didn’t sulk after he lost his place. It seems Mkhi never banged Jose’s daughter and now Pogba is not an arrogant Mercenary?
At this rate we will need Mata to turn into a Costa level cnut just to balance the universe.

ManRant

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ohh ffs!!. They are killing all the drama by being nice and saying nice things about each other.
The Jose-Mata standoff never happened as predicted. Rooney didn’t sulk after he lost his place. It seems Mkhi never banged Jose’s daughter and now Pogba is not an arrogant Mercenary?
At this rate we will need Mata to turn into a Costa level cnut just to balance the universe.
Might be on to something here. Maybe it just that these experts in conspiracy theory and such are not that smart.

CG1010

There is still hope for the squad turning against Mourinho.

The Purist

Supports
Arsenal
I too would be happy to sign a work contract with an outrageous sum at the bottom.
Underrated post. His wage probably quadrupled at least. The United that Pogba left is very different from the current one also which might have factored into a sense of nostalgia.

pacifictheme

Don't think Pogba seems arrogant at all, off or on the pitch.

If I was to put a negative spin on his character it would be more that he's so happy-go-lucky as to be careless/impulsive/brainless. On the pitch it sometimes seems like he gets caught up in trying stuff that he neglects the basics, like playing a simple pass when it's on or getting his positioning right.
Agreed. he does come across a little too relaxed at times.

RC89

He is a twat and will never be happy anywhere other than Madrid.
He wasn't happy at Madrid either by all accounts. I don't know all the details but apparently he couldn't stop talking about money.

Smores

It was about money as well. If it wasn't, he would have come to United on a modest sum of 100,000 gbp per week. He is not wrong is asking for the money, but this not interested in money thing is nonsense.
No way to know whether he would have signed for that amount or not. His agents job is to get the maximum for the player.

I mean do you expect any player to tell their agent to forget about negotiations and sign at the first offer?

YouOnlyLiveTwice

When Pogba walked in to Old Trafford for the first time in years, he looked so happy, praising the lords for giving him another chance.

I feel so emotional thinking about it.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
There seems to be a bit of a narrative brewing with Lukaku and United these last few days.
Wouldn't be the worst signing tbh. I just have a feeling he'll explode at 25 with experience. He needs to be smarter at times which will come with age and he's a good goalscorer already. He's more of a Mourinho #9 than Marcus.

Status
Not open for further replies.