“The Brighton players are taking mercy on United”

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Ed Woodward has left the club in a proper mess.

It angers me that none of the hate from the fans will ever be directed at him.
Hating him wouldn’t solve the problem now. He’s to blamed but he’s gone is what matter the most and let’s hope whoever in charged now can find the solution.

lsd

The Oracle

A it is and B he's gone.

Should we burn his house down or kidnap his family for you?

Waynne

A it is and B he's gone.

Haha, no certainly not. He's escaped the criticism levelled at the players and manager.

LDUred

Brighton was a horrendous result for us and we were taken to the cleaners by a well-organised, but hardly brilliant, side. It could have been worse and they hit the post with the goal at their mercy and went close a few other times.

But old Smudger was just saying that to indulge in a bit of not-so-subtle raillery. If United are 4-0 down to an unfancied side who haven't spent too much time in the PL, then naturally he's going to seize on every opportunity to ratchet up the humiliation we will all naturally feel. That's the world we live in. People remember how United dominated the Prem for practically two decades and now we are hopeless they're revelling in what they thought might never happen. Manchester United being a warped inversion of everything SAF had built and prided himself on is a cause for celebration to a lot of neutrals. Even under Mourinho, and Van Gaal, this kind of reverse was unthinkable.

What concerns me is that it doesn't seem to really concern the players that much. They seem happy to just accept being beaten and down tools, as many have already commented.

Last edited:

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
The most pathetic thing is how we are now just 1 goal way from conceding the most number of goals in our premier league history

All this with a top class keeper, the most expensive defender in football and a Real Madrid great

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
It’s the managements fault when the players don’t run. The player requirement has been atrocious. I recall Simon Stone calling it scatter gun approach a while back and this season has been the result of the club being mismanaged for seasons on end.
Put any of our players in any other club they'd be fine and running. It's the club culture that's rotten.

Most of our purchases are actually fine before they come to United.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Haha, no certainly not. He's escaped the criticism levelled at the players and manager.
I’m not sure where you’ve been living but he absolutely has not. The man is a walking meme and roundly hated by most United fans

Abizzz

A it is and B he's gone.

No, that would just gain him undeserved sympathy from the wider world.

I'd suggest a huge mural of half his face with the other half hidden by a Glazer arsecheek. It would have to be somewhere he and the Glazers see it though. Maybe the starting grid at Silverstone?

Last edited:

DevilRed

After thumping Brentford 3-0? Come on mate, now you're spouting nonsense. They were set up tactically to fail by the "breath of fresh air" Rangnick. And despite their bad performances throughout most of the season, and for sure, some players have downed tools, consistently it's been bad tactics, bad structure, bad coaching that has also let them down from Ole to the "Godfather of Gegenpressing." We should not be getting dominated by the likes of Brighton, Wolves. Norwich and Young Boys.
Oh yes. I think they downed tools specifically because they are so unmotivated and fed up with this german fraud. He is to blame for our dismal form, as much as the players are. I've never seen a bunch of players more down in confidence or lacking direction since...well..the last days of Ole.

The brentford match was obvious because it was the last home game and some of these cowards wouldnt stand a booing on their farewell/last game.

Also, brighton are levels above brentford.

Waynne

I’m not sure where you’ve been living but he absolutely has not. The man is a walking meme and roundly hated by most United fans
Sorry I mean in the media and amongst the fans. We've not had nearly as much media pressure on him vs the managers and players.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Put any of our players in any other club they'd be fine and running. It's the club culture that's rotten.

Most of our purchases are actually fine before they come to United.
United have randomly recruited players without any regard to the type of players it needs to form a proper team and play to a system. If we take Liverpool for example, they’re recruitment has been far superior because they recruit players to fit in their system.

Noc-Z

ffs
They'll regret that when ten's Hags show no mercy next season.
But will he have the backing and power to do this? That's my fear and although I'm really happy with Ten Hag I still can't feel as positive as I should because of the incompetency he will be surrounded by.

Tavern in the town

We’re actually very lucky they did take mercy on us because over the last 2 seasons we could have seriously tested record defeat territory vs Spurs, Liverpool and Brighton. We were that bad.

Red00012

79 minutes, 43 seconds into the Brighton match, came my lowest Manchester United moment of the season. I know there is still a game to go before the season closes out, but surely this season can’t get any lower than hearing Alan Smith on co-commentary say these words:

“The Brighton players are taking mercy on United though... [Brighton are not] going forward with quite the same amount of intent”

In a season filled with countless lows, Alan Smith’s words were the biggest dose of reality for me of where we are currently at as a club.
We are a shambles.

Can this season get any worse with just one more game to go?

What has been your moment from this season when you were served with the biggest dose of reality of the state that our beloved Manchester United is in?
Man Utd 0
Liverpool 5

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
We're setting the bar nice and low for Erik.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It was a lesson in what a well run club with high quality, targeted recruitment for how they want to play looks like. The result was barely a surprise just looking at the two line ups.

Oranges038

After thumping Brentford 3-0? Come on mate, now you're spouting nonsense. They were set up tactically to fail by the "breath of fresh air" Rangnick. And despite their bad performances throughout most of the season, and for sure, some players have downed tools, consistently it's been bad tactics, bad structure, bad coaching that has also let them down from Ole to the "Godfather of Gegenpressing." We should not be getting dominated by the likes of Brighton, Wolves. Norwich and Young Boys.
Massive part of the reason for that is the midfielders who cannot pass the ball properly or maintain possession for more than 2 or 3 passes at a time.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
United have randomly recruited players without any regard to the type of players it needs to form a proper team and play to a system. If we take Liverpool for example, they’re recruitment has been far superior because they recruit players to fit in their system.
Our problems lies beyond unfit players.

Our players are downing tools and refused to run. Even a full 11 of mix n match players from the championship can offer better resistance against the mighty brighton.

We have pogba, ronaldo, varanne and de gea. That alone under normal circumstances is enough to put any teams to death on their good days and should be able to hold themselves well against relegation material team.

This is what I can't accept. How on earth does the whole team simply down tools this bad, i have never known any other team this bad. Not even juventus during their serie B season or even Milan team.

kthanksbye

Pool 5-0 and the 2nd half against City still remains the worse, somehow it's worse that we completely downed tools against two of our biggest rivals, just goes to show how many players in the lineup actually wear the shirt with any pride or understand what it is to be playing for ManUtd. Shows how much respect they have for the club and the fans, and how much they actually care about doing their jobs with any sincerity in general.

Lee565

They were so merciful that they wanted to help save us further embarrassment of having to play that uefa conference rubbish

croadyman

They saved our asses from the conference.
Yeah we owe them IF and it's a big one we can win this competition next season. Yes I know it's not where we want to be but gives us another route.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We were lucky they had that dip in form, otherwise they would have been taking our 6th position away from us.