“You should have died in the tunnel”

Status
Not open for further replies.

December_16

It's not about sensitivity, it's all common sense. Imagine you get caught in an accident, luckily unhurt, but then there will be bunch of people stick that line in your face for no reason. Would you be happy with that? No sane people would've. And buying a fecking ticket to get into a stadium does not grant you a right to be inhumane either.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
It's not about sensitivity, it's all common sense. Imagine you get caught in an accident, luckily unhurt, but then there will be bunch of people stick that line in your face for no reason. Would you be happy with that? No sane people would've. And buying a fecking ticket to get into a stadium does not grant you a right to be inhumane either.
If I crashed a car I'd expect a bit of banter about it, yeah.

I'm sorry but chants like these are just a bit of banter, quite a few of them are funny too, this one was a bit shite though.

No need to be so sensitive about it.

Quinny1999

Unfortunately you are always going to get this at football grounds. It isn't funny but there are fans out there who don't think it is an issue to refer to tragic events when singing songs.

United fans have referred to the death of Michael Harding and Frank Lampards mum in recent years.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Beckham used to get some nasty stuff thrown at him - back in the day. People in the anonimity of crowds (or on the net) will often do/say things that they wouldn't in normal life.

As for the Chelsea fans - it was probably inevitable, they aren't known for the wit and range of their songbook.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Yeah, its hillarious wishing death on someone :rolleyes:

I am so feckin glad those scum fans could only watch us thrash their scum of a team
We have scum fans as well you know.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

I'm sorry but chants like these are just a bit of banter, quite a few of them are funny too, this one was a bit shite though.

+1

gaffs

Spot on.

Its classless singing this kind of thing, but it happens. You expect this kind of thing from Chelsea fans.

Best thing to do it repond by singing louder and better songs - which is what we did yesterday.

Adebesi

Agree. Comes with the territory. Would be different if he had actually got seriously injurred, but he didnt.

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
Depends on the severity IMO. If it was a typical fender bender then yeah, i'd receive banter on my shite driving, probably not death but i can understand coming from Chelsea fans having to endure the John Terry chant all season. If it was a wreck then it's classless, no different than wishing a broken leg on someone.

Crustanoid

We have scum fans as well you know.
And importantly most United fans recognise this. I think Chelsea fans do as well (all 5 of them) and distance themselves generally from it. Go on RAWK or equivalents and you'll find comments like this revered by posters and mods alike right across the forum

yaka8

Just watching the replay now and you can hear it quite clear around the 40th min if anyone is interested...

mjs020294

Best thing to do it repond by singing louder and better songs - which is what we did yesterday.
Bingo.

Its a shame we now have a generation, and group, of fans that simply do not understand the history and atmosphere inside English football grounds.

I went home and away with United for years, never won a trophy*, lost a lot of games BUT the sheer entertainment on the terrace made it all worthwhile.

* we won the FA cup. :cool:

CheckOne

retired veteran
Chelsea fans in classless shocker!!

Who cares what they sing? If they choose to lower themselves to that level then that's their choice. All they prove is that they're as classless as fans as they are as a club - but then we've known that for years.

I've been to Stamford Bridge on a few occasions I can honestly say that a bigger bunch of Tarquins you will not meet, followed closely by Arsenal's.

Chelsea are a spent force, they lack ideas, stability, class and without another blank cheque from the big Russian crook I suspect they'll quickly become also rans - which is exactly what they were before the big Russian crook acquired them.

horselesspaul

Man Utd fan
It's Manchester United, United or Man United.

I thought about it with a Princess Die connotation. They were singing it when something didn't go Ronaldo's way and it sounded to me like a suggestion for him to gain absolution, sainthood and immortality (and maybe a C. Ronaldo Memorial Fountain..) just like the Queen of Hearts™.
I laughed.

Crerand Legend

Seen a chap with a light coloured top who spent the last 15 mins doing the old plane imitation,some sad people

ThatOldRedMagic

I'm all for banters but they reach death matters I'm really shocked
Reminds me of those Ajax Amsterdam rival chants;

Hardcore Ajax supporters have been calling themselves "Jews" or even "super Jews" for about 20 years in defiance of fans from rival clubs, who yell anti-Semitic jibes at them in reference to Amsterdam's long Jewish history.

For years, the club's management turned a blind eye to escalating displays of "Jewish" pride among its supporters.

Still Ajax did nothing when the jibes from rival fans turned increasingly disturbing, with chants of "there goes the Ajax train to Auschwitz" and "Hamas, Hamas, the Jews to the gas".

The most sinister insult of all - a long hissing "ssssssss" to imitate a gas chamber - was invented in Rotterdam, the home to Ajax's rivals, Feyenoord FC

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ans-incite-a-race-row-over-Jews-nickname.html

Apparently the 'sinister hissing' is only used when Ajax are losing and full time approaches. I have to say that personally I find that hilarious. Sick? Not really. An ability to laugh at misfortunes great and small is surely part of being human.

CheckOne

retired veteran
Reminds me of those Ajax Amsterdam rival chants;

Hardcore Ajax supporters have been calling themselves "Jews" or even "super Jews" for about 20 years in defiance of fans from rival clubs, who yell anti-Semitic jibes at them in reference to Amsterdam's long Jewish history.

For years, the club's management turned a blind eye to escalating displays of "Jewish" pride among its supporters.

Still Ajax did nothing when the jibes from rival fans turned increasingly disturbing, with chants of "there goes the Ajax train to Auschwitz" and "Hamas, Hamas, the Jews to the gas".

The most sinister insult of all - a long hissing "ssssssss" to imitate a gas chamber - was invented in Rotterdam, the home to Ajax's rivals, Feyenoord FC

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ans-incite-a-race-row-over-Jews-nickname.html

Apparently the 'sinister hissing' is only used when Ajax are losing and full time approaches. I have to say that personally I find that hilarious. Sick? Not really. An ability to laugh at misfortunes great and small is surely part of being human.
It was quite common to hear the 'sinister hissing' from the Stretford End when United played Tottenham in the 80's. How times have changed, and for the better in most respects (this included.)

mr.suave

fecking hell, can't believe some people are taking the moral highground here.

You'd think United fans have never come up with similar chants.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
"We'll kill any bastards that get in our way"

OMFG^^^^^^ :eek:

Spackers.

Crispy71

I'm not even that old, but I know the feeling, the shit you could get away with back then and 0% responsibility. Good times. Well at least I can do cool things like drink and drive and go to strip clubs now
Now thats neither big or clever, is it??!!;)

B Cantona

Desperate
Derby fans had a spell of singing this today. Having reacted furiously to every touch the lad had

The thing I just don't get is... why?!

How many clubs in this damn country are populated by small time repressed spiteful supporters?

Count Duckula

Derby fans had a spell of singing this today. Having reacted furiously to every touch the lad had

How many clubs in this damn country are populated by small time repressed spiteful supporters?
Well there's Manchester United, for one.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Well there's Manchester United, for one.
:confused:

As for the chant, it's not really funny or clever. Something funny or clever about the accident, even with death reference along the lines, might have looked fine but this one does not.

reddev07

Too many.

But they are the same in Serie A this season with Kaka. Bologna fans chanted (in a recent match against Milan) the Italian equivalent of 'Die Kaka', which has spread to other fans of other clubs

Stan Jefferson

at the end of the day, if its banter then thats fine, i broke my leg playing footy and got ribbed for it for ages but what they are saying is that he deserved to die in a car crash, i dont care what anyone else thinks thats just wrong. people try to stamp out racist chanting but then brush stuff like that off as banter. if they had of sung someting along the lines of taking the mickey out of his driving etc then thats banter. i guarantee if anyone on here had a car crash and then someone youve never even met came up to you whilst you were in the office and shouted that you deserved to die you would take offence to it.

theimperialinn

Paddy's gonna trip you up, Paddy's gonna mow you d
at the end of the day, if its banter then thats fine, i broke my leg playing footy and got ribbed for it for ages but what they are saying is that he deserved to die in a car crash, i dont care what anyone else thinks thats just wrong. people try to stamp out racist chanting but then brush stuff like that off as banter. if they had of sung someting along the lines of taking the mickey out of his driving etc then thats banter. i guarantee if anyone on here had a car crash and then someone youve never even met came up to you whilst you were in the office and shouted that you deserved to die you would take offence to it.
I know it's not a competition but I ripped a lads ball sack with my studs in my playing days!

Status
Not open for further replies.