€80m clause

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Cristiano Ronaldo Can Join Real Madrid For €80M

The Portuguese ace could be heading to the Bernabeu this summer if the Spanish club invoke a clause in their deal with Manchester United...

Real Madrid and Manchester United signed agreements last summer that the Spanish club could buy Cristiano Ronaldo after July 1 this year if they paid €80 million, according to a report.

Los Merengues have been linked with the Portuguese star for over a year and even without a permanent president in place, the rumours about him moving to the Bernabeu persist.

Disgraced supremo Ramon Calderon stated recently that a deal was in place and respected daily newspaper El Pais has now published details of what they believe is a binding contract.

Ronaldo could become the most expensive signing ever, despite the global recession, if Madrid take up their option to buy him after July 1 for a staggering €80m.

One clause that El Pais state could see United strongly object that the agreement should not have been leaked until May 31 and if it was then the deal could cancelled.

But that seems unlikely and Ronaldo has been accused of seeking to engineer a move away from Old Trafford with his petulant display when being substituted against Manchester City at the weekend.

Florentino Perez, who stepped down as Madrid president in 2006, is expected to win the forthcoming elections on June 15 at the Spanish club and he is known to want Ronaldo.

El Pais believe that the would-be leader has already held talks with the player's agent, Jorge Mendes, and is trying to broker a deal about how to pay the huge transfer fee in blocks over several years.

If Perez does not win, then it will be down to whoever does beat him to the hotseat to decide if they want to copy his planned return to the Galactico period with the mega-signing.

Iker Casillas stated this week that he feels Madrid should be focussing on building a team by buying the best Spanish players, like David Villa and David Silva, and combining them with youth teams products.

That does not seem to be on Perez's agenda and Ronaldo could now see the move that he stated last summer would be his dream, come true if United have signed the deal.

Sir Alex Ferguson was asked about such an agreement earlier in the campaign and ridiculed the idea of doing a deal "with that mob", as he described Real Madrid.
So is El Pais a respected newspaper, or just another Marca?

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Yes, that would make complete business sense....

oh hold on, no its bollocks.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ronaldo to Real? First I've heard of this. Bit out of the blue isn't it?

Count Duckula

I love that they say this contract definitely exists but there's a clause in it which means that if it's leaked before the 31st May then it can be cancelled - well that's handy, isn't it, in defending your story when nothing comes of it!

"Honest, guv', I weren't makin' it up. It's just that they went and cancelled the contract, didn't they?"

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
El Pais is a respectable paper - doesn't really mean this isn't just another story though.

Be nice if it happens though - 80m for the sulk of which 20m for Carlos (rapidly becoming sulk II mind) and
another 15m or so for Valencia.

reddev07

The best bit was this

But Perez may ultimately decide instead to recruit AC Milan's Brazilian playmaker Kaka as "he is less expensive and this would allow him to recruit more players", the newspaper added
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25471427-5006068,00.html

So basically they don't have a clue what is going on.

I think we should all realise by now that the spanish press are full of bollocks. They have been proved wrong a bit too many times now

pillory

But that seems unlikely and Ronaldo has been accused of seeking to engineer a move away from Old Trafford with his petulant display when being substituted against Manchester City at the weekend.
A very cunning plan by Ronaldo. Did he come up with it himself, or was it his agent?

Skelter

Internet GYPO
We'll need to reopen the classic thread soon. Just to keep this summer's bollocks all in one place.

Sir A1ex

I love that they say this contract definitely exists but there's a clause in it which means that if it's leaked before the 31st May then it can be cancelled - well that's handy, isn't it, in defending your story when nothing comes of it!

"Honest, guv', I weren't makin' it up. It's just that they went and cancelled the contract, didn't they?"
Self Destructing Contracts - they're the future, mark my words!

Moriarty

I'm immune to all these bloody Ronaldo tales emanating from Spain. I suppose they have to keep there circulation up during the close season and what better way to do it than by exciting Real Madrid fans who'' buy the rag in their thousands. They ought to take up cricket over there. That would give the sports hacks something to do until August.

Adebesi

So theyve done us a big favour then by rendering the contract null and void by the very fact of writing this story. I have to find out who this hack is and buy him a drink.

reddev07

I'm immune to all these bloody Ronaldo tales emanating from Spain. I suppose they have to keep there circulation up during the close season and what better way to do it than by exciting Real Madrid fans who'' buy the rag in their thousands. They ought to take up cricket over there. That would give the sports hacks something to do until August.
and Kaka tales, and Villa tales, Ribery etc

They made up quotes from Kaka's dad last week saying Kaka wanted to go to Real Madrid

ILBB15

Annoying Commie
People actually get paid to write stuff like this?

I wish I had a job like that.

reddev07

So theyve done us a big favour then by rendering the contract null and void by the very fact of writing this story. I have to find out who this hack is and buy him a drink.
:lol:

I was going to say you just couldn't make up this stupidity by them.

But that would only be true if this was a true story in the first place :smirk:

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
eso es una estupidez

I've read 3 stories this morning saying he's definitely staying....which means someone's lying...But Newspapers only print the truth don't they? I'm confused?!!..My whole world view is compromised!...OH GOD!

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
The Portuguese ace could be heading to the Bernabeu this summer if the Spanish club invoke a clause in their deal with Manchester United...

Real Madrid and Manchester United signed agreements last summer that the Spanish club could buy Cristiano Ronaldo after July 1 this year if they paid €80 million, according to a report.

Los Merengues have been linked with the Portuguese star for over a year and even without a permanent president in place, the rumours about him moving to the Bernabeu persist.

Disgraced supremo Ramon Calderon stated recently that a deal was in place and respected daily newspaper El Pais has now published details of what they believe is a binding contract.

Ronaldo could become the most expensive signing ever, despite the global recession, if Madrid take up their option to buy him after July 1 for a staggering €80m.

One clause that El Pais state could see United strongly object that the agreement should not have been leaked until May 31 and if it was then the deal could cancelled.

Florentino Perez, who stepped down as Madrid president in 2006, is expected to win the forthcoming elections on June 15 at the Spanish club and he is known to want Ronaldo.

El Pais believe that the would-be leader has already held talks with the player's agent, Jorge Mendes, and is trying to broker a deal about how to pay the huge transfer fee in blocks over several years.

If Perez does not win, then it will be down to whoever does beat him to the hotseat to decide if they want to copy his planned return to the Galactico period with the mega-signing.

Iker Casillas stated this week that he feels Madrid should be focussing on building a team by buying the best Spanish players, like David Villa and David Silva, and combining them with youth teams products.

That does not seem to be on Perez's agenda and Ronaldo could now see the move that he stated last summer would be his dream, come true if United have signed the deal.

Sir Alex Ferguson was asked about such an agreement earlier in the campaign and ridiculed the idea of doing a deal "with that mob", as he described Real Madrid.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You just gotta laugh!

reddev07

That all depends on Marca and The Sun. Looking good right now though.
Unfortunately for the thread, Marca might not spend as much time inventing stories about Ronaldo this summer as last summer Real Madrid were only after Ronaldo but this summer, its the presidential elections and there are a few players they are after. That said, if he hasn't signed a new contract by June/July time, we can expect a fair few stories of 'Manchester United have to sell for fear of the webster clause'

reddev07

Gotta laugh at the Daily Fail and how much they want this to be true! First of all their headline was 'Real and United put pen to paper on 70 million deal' like it had just been announced by one of the clubs

They Picked up on this story and immediately reminded us that this was a more respected Spanish newspaper. Since when has that bothered them? They have been the first to use any stories from Marca, AS etc. They then went on to say a Portugese paper went on to copy the story (taking this as meaning it must be true :rolleyes:)but the paper added Pepe would be used in part exchange :lol:. Yes because I am sure with Rio, Vidic and Evans we would want Pepe

They then went on to say that the deal may not happen because Perez may go for Kaka instead, as he would be cheaper, clearly believing every word. But hang on a minute, didn't they tell us a few weeks ago that they understood we would meet with Kaka and his reps in the next 10 days? :lol:

Bynni

That's a bit harsh isn't it? They may be utterly dispicable human beings but surely they don't deserve such brutal punishment!

Status
Not open for further replies.