0.012% (or the old men yells at cloud thread)

predator

Youth NITK
Bad attitude. It comes across as having 'made it' when in football terms they are nobodies. The club they play for is the most successful club In England and one of if not the most famous club in the world. If they want to use statistics then they statistically aren't good enough for a club of our stature.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Are they highlighting the struggle and disappointment that many young footballers face, saying more should be done to help find those who don't make it alternative careers?

Or are they lording it up, bragging about how great they are?

I didn't really need to ask those questions did I?

wythyred

Which sums up the state of some of our fans
i don't think so mate, watching genuine legends who have give it all for the shirt, play an exhibition match was a much needed and enjoyable experience for us long suffering fans.

However the half time reminder of the complete lack of quality and conduct shown by Lingard in recent seasons, was in my opinion justified (I didn't jeer personally).

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Giving up their time to represent Utd? Don't they get paid 6 figure weekly wages to represent Utd? Are we meant to be grateful that they turned up dressed like a pair of clowns?
Yes. As you’re meant to be grateful for Lingard stopping and playing with some local lads after training. As you’re meant to be grateful (along with Mata) as being two of the players who do most for the United foundation. For Rashford going back to his prior school in sale after making it and holding sessions with at risk youths. For being two of the players who went to the hospital after the Ariana Grande bombings to work with the kids who have had their lives destroyed by the bombings.

They are local lads who give their all when playing for the shirt. Lingard has won us trophies and Rashford is our best attacking talent. The stick they get is disgraceful and you can speak about local lads with a lot more respect than most people show.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
I do wonder, have Cantona, Zola or Hazard ever played organized youth football? Staam, Beckham or Yorke? Ole?

Would be too crazy to say that *every* PL player actually played youth football?

JoaquinJoaquin

While I think the criticism they got for the clothes they wore was unwarranted, This is the 3rd Social Media post involving Lingard in 2 weeks:

1) The 'we are the new generation' rubbish, when he has had a shocking season
2) The brand logo on the Manchester tribute post
3) This.

Lingard frankly isn't anywhere near the level of being worth this amount of rubbish. Can't wait till we get rid of him tbh.

luke511

Saw that Rashford and Lingard had both posted this on their Instagram accounts.

Apparently that's the success rate of young players that make it in the Premier League.

Seems that they're getting a bit of stick online as elitist / arrogant.

From a social media perspective, is Lingard serving as a bad influence / off the pitch distraction to Rashford?
Got slaughtered for suggesting this a few weeks ago on here.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Like a shit episode of 8 out of 10 cats in here and that’s saying something

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
i don't think so mate, watching genuine legends who have give it all for the shirt, play an exhibition match was a much needed and enjoyable experience for us long suffering fans.

However the half time reminder of the complete lack of quality and conduct shown by Lingard in recent seasons, was in my opinion justified (I didn't jeer personally).

Genuine legends who gave their all for the shirt?

You’ve got Beckham who has been celebrated for the last few days here who:

A) orchestrated a move away from the club
B) was late for training due to seeing Victoria
C) Ferguson said he lost focus and drive after getting married
D) left to play in LA at 32 when he could have played in multiple top leagues
E) wore sarongs and other outrageous fashion outfits (nothing wrong with this, it’s just what Lingard and Rashford are getting slated for)
F) wore an Alice band to highlight a feud with the best manager the club has ever seen.

Beckham was a better player than both of them. But his conduct is certainly more questionable than rashfords. If we just like players who are the best now and completely slate those who try what’s the point of being a United fan and talking about work ethic?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
They are both lads who give their all for the club, get involved with local charities and have been involved with some amazing memories who get a load of shit off “fans” online.

Jesse and Marcus both work hard and the way some of you talk about them is ridiculous.
I don't normally agree with you but youre spot on here.

romufc

Fickle fans. I cannot believe the amount of stick Rashford has been getting. He is 21 and has bit a bad run of form coming of a purple patch.
He was injured yet Ole kept playing him in matches he shouldn't have, and you could tell the final few games he wasn't moving as freely.

I am sure a 21 year old striker is allowed to have a dip of form to make him realise he needs to work harder and become more consistent.

Some United fans are way in over the head, when I am sure 80% of them were all getting excited when Rashford scored the winner at Wembley against Spurs and the potential of him being our No. 9

Reactions: jojojo

acnumber9

They are both lads who give their all for the club, get involved with local charities and have been involved with some amazing memories who get a load of shit off “fans” online.

Jesse and Marcus both work hard and the way some of you talk about them is ridiculous.
Yeah it’s becoming the in thing to do on this forum. They’ve been lumped together the same way Jones and Smalling have for years and are getting criticised for everything. I’d be interested to know if they’re the same people who whined incessantly about how negative Mourinho was.

We need an rvn

Bad attitude. It comes across as having 'made it' when in football terms they are nobodies. The club they play for is the most successful club In England and one of if not the most famous club in the world. If they want to use statistics then they statistically aren't good enough for a club of our stature.
They have made it mate. They plan for Man Utd. So many kids dream of playing football for a career and many of us would love to play in the championship for a career yet alone Utd. I'm not saying they should pack and up call it quits as they plan for Utd so no more hard work needed / train lazily etc - but give credit to them for getting to the top of the ladder.

But where's the bad attitude. Maybe they're making a point of how hard it is to make it as a pro footballer and there's more to the post than some are jumping on the gun for.

Could they be saying kids at academies need better education and support from clubs as only 0.012% make it? Maybe it's linked with the foundation the charity match was on...I have no idea. But I very much doubt they're bragging about making it as a player. Rashford comes across as quite intelligent when he speaks so there must be more to the post in my opinion.

Plus, I really don't get the hate for Rashford at the moment.

Lentwood

This is the root of the problem isn't it....they think they've 'made it'

Just being part of the '0.012' is enough for them...not interested in becoming part of the '0.0001' who actually win a PL/CL title

fergiesarmy1

I’m sure they are just trying to wind us up at this point, for what end god knows but after you have a mare of a season mainly jlingz who wouldn’t get into many premiership teams at this point in his career you would keep a low profile and not rattle peoples cages. Rashford needs to wake up at this stage before he ends up another failed prodigy.

Genuine legends who gave their all for the shirt?

You’ve got Beckham who has been celebrated for the last few days here who:

A) orchestrated a move away from the club
B) was late for training due to seeing Victoria
C) Ferguson said he lost focus and drive after getting married
D) left to play in LA at 32 when he could have played in multiple top leagues
E) wore sarongs and other outrageous fashion outfits (nothing wrong with this, it’s just what Lingard and Rashford are getting slated for)
F) wore an Alice band to highlight a feud with the best manager the club has ever seen.

Beckham was a better player than both of them. But his conduct is certainly more questionable than rashfords. If we just like players who are the best now and completely slate those who try what’s the point of being a United fan and talking about work ethic?
Hmm.... good comparison. David Beckham United honours:

Cantona booted a fan, Keane tried punching someone among some other pretty nasty incidents. All of these players get a shit tonne of leeway because they did most of their talking on the pitch. Becks responded to the worst shitstorm of being slated I've ever seen for a footballer in this country by being a driving force in winning the fecking treble. That's how you respond to to critics.

Cantona and Beckham did an incredible amount of charity stuff also, most players do and it's part of the job these days.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
Yes. As you’re meant to be grateful for Lingard stopping and playing with some local lads after training. As you’re meant to be grateful (along with Mata) as being two of the players who do most for the United foundation. For Rashford going back to his prior school in sale after making it and holding sessions with at risk youths. For being two of the players who went to the hospital after the Ariana Grande bombings to work with the kids who have had their lives destroyed by the bombings.

They are local lads who give their all when playing for the shirt. Lingard has won us trophies and Rashford is our best attacking talent. The stick they get is disgraceful and you can speak about local lads with a lot more respect than most people show.
Spot on mate, there are loads of "fans" on here who don't seem to understand what support means.

dove

This excuse is genuinely the worst someone can think of. Many people work 100 times harder getting paid 100 times less, are we supposed to be grateful to our superstars because they "work hard"? Should we owe them something for being "good servants" of the club? It's not like they do it for free you know, guys like Lingard, Jones, Young are essentially stealing a living and I don't feel sorry one bit for the amount of stick they get. And don't even mention "local lad" nonsense ever please.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Lingard is everywhere isn't he? If i was half as bad as this clown, you wouldn't see me for dust in the media. No dignity whatsoever.

Rashford doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed too to be constantly surrounding himself with him.

Sums up the whole club at the minute. Bunch of losers clinging on to their money and fame to make up for their lack of ability.

Why does it seem like we have the worst bunch of cnuts in the league? I can't stand the bar of most of them.

Marcelinho87

Apparently that's the success rate of young players that make it in the Premier League.

From a social media perspective, is Lingard serving as a bad influence / off the pitch distraction to Rashford?
100%

Lentwood

Plus, I really don't get the hate for Rashford at the moment.
I don't 'hate' Rashford, I just think he is a Championship-level footballer masquerading as a United player thanks to being young, Mancunian and a purple-patch at just the right time following a very lucky break into the 1st team.

I think the reason I find it so frustrating is because the media and some of our fans have had the wool pulled over their eyes and are happy to keep up this absolute charade that he is a 'world-class talent'. Whilst this is not his fault, it appears to have gone to his head AND what is worse, this fanciful 'local lad' nonsense prevents us making real progress and signing some proper Manchester United-standard players

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
This excuse is genuinely the worst someone can think of. Many people work 100 times harder getting paid 100 times less, are we supposed to be grateful to our superstars because they "work hard"? Should we owe them something for being "good servants" of the club? It's not like they do it for free you know, guys like Lingard, Jones, Young are essentially stealing a living and I don't feel sorry one bit for the amount of stick they get. And don't even mention "local lad" nonsense ever please.

Lingard is our second highest runner and Rashford literally sprints more than any other player we have. If everyone gave their effort we’d be higher in the league. Of course you are thankful they work hard and of course you should have more affinity for your local players.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
How does it show that at all?

They literally are two of our hardest working players.
In a season where Man Utd players are being accused of not caring about the club and are only their for their own interests and personal gain and are accused of downing tools, how is it appropriate to bring to attention how fortunate they are to be playing at this level at all?

Also, plenty of people work harder than them in jobs for much less money and don't get any recognition at all for doing so. On their wages and being local lads playing for their dream team, working hard should be a minimum requirement, not something to be given a standing ovation for.

NWRed

Last season there were 113 english players in the PL, that is 0.012% of 941667, so they're saying there are nearly a million ex-young players out there didn't make it, that's 1/55 of the population of England, or 1 in 5 of the male population of England aged 18-36, utter bollocks.

Last edited:

StrettyEnder07

Rashford free kick conversion rate

Lingard cross conversion rate

Rash needs moving back to the left IMO and Lingard needs fecking off ASAP.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Hmm.... good comparison. David Beckham United honours:

Cantona booted a fan, Keane tried punching someone among some other pretty nasty incidents. All of these players get a shit tonne of leeway because they did most of their talking on the pitch.

Cantona and Beckham did an incredible amount of charity stuff also, most players do and it's part of the job these days.
Beckham did a load of charity work and then complained that he should have had a knighthood for it. I think the phrase was “unappreciative cnuts”

I said Beckham was a better player. But you can’t just insult and demean players who try their hardest just because they’re not good enough. Lingard and Rashford actually exemplify those who “get” United. Working the hardest on the pitch, helping out with the local community and getting involved with charity events.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
In a season where Man Utd players are being accused of not caring about the club and are only their for their own interests and personal gain and are accused of downing tools, how is it appropriate to bring to attention how fortunate they are to be playing at this level at all?

Also, plenty of people work harder than them in jobs for much less money and don't get any recognition at all for doing so. On their wages and being local lads playing for their dream team, working hard should be a minimum requirement, not something to be given a standing ovation for.
In a season where United players are accused of not caring about their club, why are we giving stick to two of our hardest working and most charitable United players?

romufc

I don't 'hate' Rashford, I just think he is a Championship-level footballer masquerading as a United player thanks to being young, Mancunian and a purple-patch at just the right time following a very lucky break into the 1st team.

I think the reason I find it so frustrating is because the media and some of our fans have had the wool pulled over their eyes and are happy to keep up this absolute charade that he is a 'world-class talent'. Whilst this is not his fault, it appears to have gone to his head AND what is worse, this fanciful 'local lad' nonsense prevents us making real progress and signing some proper Manchester United-standard players
Clearly you are a fan who only remembers the last dozen games. Most players who come from the academy get into the team via a lucky break..
Calling Rashford a championship players shows the lack of footballing knowledge.

When players like Zlatan, Rooney rate him highly it shows he has got something about him. Jose loved him, Van Gaal, Southgate.

I have mates who are Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea fans who would all take Rashford in their team.

The only thing I will agree on that post is that maybe the fame of everyone rating him highly has got to his head slightly. Watch him next season when he is fully fit.