0.012% (or the old men yells at cloud thread)

shaky

Lingard is our second highest runner and Rashford literally sprints more than any other player we have. If everyone gave their effort we’d be higher in the league. Of course you are thankful they work hard and of course you should have more affinity for your local players.
Maybe we should just sign up Eddie Izzard. He runs a lot, does a great deal for charity, and at least he can pull off bizarre outfits better than "JLingz". Football skills clearly aren't a priority, so no problem there either.

Marcelinho87

Genuine legends who gave their all for the shirt?

You’ve got Beckham who has been celebrated for the last few days here who:

A) orchestrated a move away from the club
B) was late for training due to seeing Victoria
C) Ferguson said he lost focus and drive after getting married
D) left to play in LA at 32 when he could have played in multiple top leagues
E) wore sarongs and other outrageous fashion outfits (nothing wrong with this, it’s just what Lingard and Rashford are getting slated for)
F) wore an Alice band to highlight a feud with the best manager the club has ever seen.

Beckham was a better player than both of them. But his conduct is certainly more questionable than rashfords. If we just like players who are the best now and completely slate those who try what’s the point of being a United fan and talking about work ethic?
Beckham had at least done enough to warrant acting a tool.

Rashford still has time and the potential is there but Lingard is going on 27 and has a whopping 13 career assists, he is tumescent.

Lingard needs to be shipped off an quick sharp.

Btw, do you stick up for A Young this much? He gives more effort for me than either of these despite being a poor player for a couple of seasons.

Stadjer

Pogba always get slaughtered for being on Instragram and that he doesnt care about football. Pogba supposedly only cares about social media... Lingard is way more into the social media than Pogba.

In the media/pundits Lingard is that young lad while Pogba is that instragrammer. :lol:

Why cant Rashford find a less annoying BestFriendForever... it could even be someone from his own age group!

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
I'm 37 and I've missed the bulk of the social media wave, but I work with guys who are millennials and younger and they are constantly on Instagram and half of them wear the most ridiculous outfits on their posts. So why shouldn't these two, who jobs aside, are just young lads?

Reactions: SteveJ

ChaddyP

Just sums their entire attitude up really, happy to have just made it and not striving for more

Do you honestly think that is the case for rashford and lingard? Or did you just decide to post something in anger without actually thinking if what your alleging even makes sense

Gopher Brown

a) all footballers are twats
b) Lingard isn’t any more of a twat than most, he’s just ‘modern’ and and a lot of us are stuck in the days of Roy Keane and Raimond van der Gouw
c) don’t judge people on how they dress, judge them for their on-pitch performances.

On that basis, they aren’t good enough. Not because they wear glasses with plain glass in them.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Genuine legends who gave their all for the shirt?

You’ve got Beckham who has been celebrated for the last few days here who:

A) orchestrated a move away from the club
B) was late for training due to seeing Victoria
C) Ferguson said he lost focus and drive after getting married
D) left to play in LA at 32 when he could have played in multiple top leagues
E) wore sarongs and other outrageous fashion outfits (nothing wrong with this, it’s just what Lingard and Rashford are getting slated for)
F) wore an Alice band to highlight a feud with the best manager the club has ever seen.

Beckham was a better player than both of them. But his conduct is certainly more questionable than rashfords. If we just like players who are the best now and completely slate those who try what’s the point of being a United fan and talking about work ethic?
Ferguson decided it was time to sell him which Beckham to be fair agreed to. Family or not Beckham was still an absolute magnificent player. Beckham was one of main reasons why United won multiple league titles and the treble 99.

Lingard is in his late twenties and hasn't done much in the game. Then he dresses like clown and comes across as an absolute moron. He stands for the mediocre times and represents everything that's wrong atm at United. He should be kicked out immediately, maybe Sunderland can find a couple of bucks. That's his level.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Maybe we should just sign up Eddie Izzard. He runs a lot, does a great deal for charity, and at least he can pull off bizarre outfits better than "JLingz". Football skills clearly aren't a priority, so no problem there either.
I am not saying that these two should be starting (I actually think they should as they are in our best eleven at the moment, but I digress)

What I’m saying is they don’t deserve to be mercilessly taunted by fans. If you don’t want them to start. Say that. But don’t just insult them relentlessly. It’s pathetic.

flappyjay

Giving up their time to represent Utd? Don't they get paid 6 figure weekly wages to represent Utd? Are we meant to be grateful that they turned up dressed like a pair of clowns?
Their on ucl and league challenging wages but put up Everton level output.

L1nk

What is it with people being obsessed with "hard work" it's like we forgot we need players who are actually good and settled for ones who are complete dross but it's okay because they "work hard"

Sums up the current state the clubs in, people more focused on players "doing a job" or being local, or being young lads, and you know, not on actual quality, you dont have to have one without the other.

Oh and you can't compare to players like Beckham, guarantee if these guys were any good or actually achieving anything nobody would be giving them a hard time at all, and thats the bottom line, it's all these ridiculous things in the media like they are mega superstars that have achieved everything in the game, when they've achieved nothing and it irks fans big time

Marcelinho87

I am not saying that these two should be starting (I actually think they should as they are in our best eleven at the moment, but I digress)

What I’m saying is they don’t deserve to be mercilessly taunted by fans. If you don’t want them to start. Say that. But don’t just insult them relentlessly. It’s pathetic.
How, I mean how????

What has Lingard done to be included in our best eleven, except run a lot?

1 assist 0 goals in the past 1000 minutes and 13 assists 20 goals since he began his career.

Mate?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Couldn't care less about what they do off the pitch if they perform on it, but right now it all looks more like a 1996 FA Cup final.
Ferguson said:
I knew we'd beat Liverpool as soon as I saw their white suits in 1996

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
In a season where United players are accused of not caring about their club, why are we giving stick to two of our hardest working and most charitable United players?
Because they are part of a team that finished 6th, 32 points behind the eventual winners, our local rivals no less? Criticism is part and parcel of being at Utd, even more so on the back of a woeful season. They don't get a free pass when they haven't been good enough just because they work hard, do a lot for charity and are local lads.

Rockets Redglare

I wouldn’t mind if either of them were actually decent footballers. Detestable pair of tossers.

Ollie Derbyshire

How, I mean how????

What has Lingard done to be included in our best eleven, except run a lot?

1 assist 0 goals in the past 1000 minutes and 13 assists 20 goals since he began his career.

Mate?
Absolutely unbelievable stat that is.
How anyone can think he deserves to be in out first 11 is beyond me. He's meant to be one of our more attacking players !

EireRed_GS

if this is them bigging themselves up for playing in the PL they need to seriously catch themselves on.

Ive never been much of a Lingard fan, but Rashford on his day is great player and has the makings of a top player.. But it does seem like he's hanging around with Lingard a little too much and becoming influenced a bit much.. you can see it in his whopping fashion sense, general recent attitude, recent rumours about dressing room unrest, and stupid social media stuff just like this.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Because they are part of a team that finished 6th, 32 points behind the eventual winners, our local rivals no less? Criticism is part and parcel of being at Utd, even more so on the back of a woeful season. They don't get a free pass when they haven't been good enough just because they work hard, do a lot for charity and are local lads.
Who is giving them a free pass?

If you come into this thread and think my posts are too harsh but don’t mind people saying they should be punched for their fashion choices or it is acceptable to call them “detestable pair of tossers” have a look at yourself.

el3mel

Now I'm believing the reports that say Lingard has a terrible influence on Rashford.

flappyjay

Hmm.... good comparison. David Beckham United honours:

Cantona booted a fan, Keane tried punching someone among some other pretty nasty incidents. All of these players get a shit tonne of leeway because they did most of their talking on the pitch. Becks responded to the worst shitstorm of being slated I've ever seen for a footballer in this country by being a driving force in winning the fecking treble. That's how you respond to to critics.

Cantona and Beckham did an incredible amount of charity stuff also, most players do and it's part of the job these days.
This. Instead these two bring up stupid statistics instead of showing it on the pitch. Same goes for Anthony who the other day brought up statistics comparing himself to Cr7 and Giggs.

predator

Youth NITK
They have made it mate. They plan for Man Utd. So many kids dream of playing football for a career and many of us would love to play in the championship for a career yet alone Utd. I'm not saying they should pack and up call it quits as they plan for Utd so no more hard work needed / train lazily etc - but give credit to them for getting to the top of the ladder.

But where's the bad attitude. Maybe they're making a point of how hard it is to make it as a pro footballer and there's more to the post than some are jumping on the gun for.

Could they be saying kids at academies need better education and support from clubs as only 0.012% make it? Maybe it's linked with the foundation the charity match was on...I have no idea. But I very much doubt they're bragging about making it as a player. Rashford comes across as quite intelligent when he speaks so there must be more to the post in my opinion.

Plus, I really don't get the hate for Rashford at the moment.
By that definition all premier league players made it. I understand how difficult it is to become a pro, I used to think I was a good player, until i played against my cousin who currently plays in league 1 and I thought he was the best player I've ever seen haha. And he's no way near premier league level.

I just can't associate players like Lingard and Rashford as having made it in football terms. We watch them play football, no one gives a shit really how hard it was to get where they are now, it's how good they are and what they give the club they play for that ultimately counts.

The attitude im referring to is in relation to their performances which has led to discontent by so many fans. I don't rate lingard as a player good enough for us and I find him irritating, Rashford I think is capable of being good enough for us and I actually like him.

Other than that I honestly don't have that much time to hate two lads I've never met before, people do go on like they are mass murderers but their just 2 lads enjoying life. Criticism of their ability and commitment however should not be frowned upon.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Lingard is our second highest runner and Rashford literally sprints more than any other player we have. If everyone gave their effort we’d be higher in the league. Of course you are thankful they work hard and of course you should have more affinity for your local players.
I would argue we need more players with actual ability and strong mentalities than 'local lads' who run around a lot but affect next to nothing on the pitch.

This mentality where you treat players differently based on where they came from is absurd to me. The fans don't help at all. What does sentimentality achieve on the pitch? That's part of the reason we are in this mess.

I couldn't give a damn about local lads. I just wish everyone was judged evenly.

13 career assists for a coming 27 Lingard? That's shocking and there's no amount of running that he can do to even out his lack of ability. The sooner he's gone, the better.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
God I hope they carry on with social media forever I love seeing how much it pisses some of you off.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
This. Instead these two bring up stupid statistics instead of showing it on the pitch. Same goes for Anthony who the other day brought up statistics comparing himself to Cr7 and Giggs.
What do you want them to do apart from consistently try?

If they are not as good as other old players it doesn’t mean we can just abuse them. It creates a completely toxic atmosphere.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I'm not about to tell people what they should think of Jesse & Marcus, good or bad. I just feel it's a pity that some United footballers get more criticism here than most rivals' players.

Bojan11

If they are not as good as other old players it doesn’t mean we can just abuse them. It creates a completely toxic atmosphere.
Weren’t you abusing Ibra and Jose when they were at the club?

Stadjer

I'm not about to tell people what they should think of Jesse & Marcus, good or bad. I just feel it's a pity that some United footballers get more criticism here than most rivals' players.
That is the worst thing about it... some of those rival players are, despite being rival players, more likeable than Lingard.

Stuff like this isnt making him more likeable either. Yes, he is a premier league player and plays for Manchester United but the current Liverpool backs would be ashamed for his carreer stats.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Who is giving them a free pass?

If you come into this thread and think my posts are too harsh but don’t mind people saying they should be punched for their fashion choices or it is acceptable to call them “detestable pair of tossers” have a look at yourself.
Whatever people think of their fashion sense is up to them, I don't care how they dress or what they do off the pitch. I only care about what they do on it and frankly, they haven't been good enough, regardless of how hard working they are. And to me, to brag about how you are part of the small group of players who go on to play at a high level just screams of an attitude of "I don't need to do anymore now, I've made it. Look at how great I am"

shaky

At least when rival players make us a laughing stock, we don't pay them millions to do so.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
God I hope they carry on with social media forever I love seeing how much it pisses some of you off.
Gets shit loads of abuse, even when they post about charity and then fans gets pissed off for one simple post which is not even abusing anyone or cricizing anyone.

Just like you said, I wish they post these messages from time to time.

Ollie Derbyshire

Lingards 'running' doesn't equate to anything though, when he tracks back, how many tackles does he put in that actually stop an attack? He just seems to bring them down more than anything.
Rashford I have more time for, he is actually young and not just pretending to be young like Lingard does. He just need to find more composure.

I'll not abuse any player but by god, Lingard gets some preferential treatment compared to most others in our squad.