0.012% (or the old men yells at cloud thread)

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Just two young guys, having the bantz, wearing matching outfits, that sorta stuff that's all.
Lingard is 5 years his senior too. I can forgive Rashford but I seldom see grown men get on like pure gimps.

Pace Abuser

If they were playing for Liverpool and they'd just had the season we've had, we would be laughing at these two gimps mercilessly.

Where is the RAWK thread these days?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

Just two young guys, having the bantz, wearing matching outfits, that sorta stuff that's all.
Thank God I'm unfashionable, I couldn't imagine walking out of the house like that, saying that, where I grew up a tracksuit was considered formal...guess if you took the people from there and gave them millions they'd upgrade their tracksuit too.

Just think they look incredibly tacky, remind me of the PUA phase where everyone wanted to "peacock".

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
If they were playing for Liverpool and they'd just had the season we've had, we would be laughing at these two gimps mercilessly.

Where is the RAWK thread these days?
If they were playing at Liverpool you would not be paying attention to any of this. And it is weird that people are paying attention to this now.

MUFC OK

Get Lingard as far away from Rashford as possible before he ruins him. Might already be too late.

Kag

I think it's just weird where you're less irritated by a video of Manchester United footballer getting pissed up and potentially having a risky injury in the middle of the season than the video of two best mates acting daft in pre-season.
I’m irritated by neither. But one video is, objectively, more irritating and immature than the other, less in line with how 26 year olds might behave (certainly where I come from).

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
No wonder we are a laughing stock these days because we have clowns playing for us

Classical Mechanic

Lingard is 5 years his senior too. I can forgive Rashford but I seldom see grown men get on like pure gimps.
I does seem a bit weird that Sancho is now in their little group at England. I mean Rashford and Sancho are quite close in age but Lingard is like 7 years older than Sancho. Definitely a case of arrested development with Jesse.

FrenchRed

After hearing about (thankfully not seeing, and /sigh Daily Mail) the latest snapchat from Lingard, I am absolutely disgusted.

Not good enough on the pitch, not good enough off the pitch - I'd like to see him shipped out. Behavior of a 13 year old that brings the club into disrepute by association. Ally McCoist is spot on with his reaction.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
After hearing about (thankfully not seeing, and /sigh Daily Mail) the latest snapchat from Lingard, I am absolutely disgusted.

Not good enough on the pitch, not good enough off the pitch - I'd like to see him shipped out. Behavior of a 13 year old that brings the club into disrepute by association. Ally McCoist is spot on with his reaction.
Well there’s a surprise. Daily Mail leading the pile-on when a wealthy young black man dares to show off his suite in a fancy hotel, while on holiday. Know your place, dammit!

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Well there’s a surprise. Daily Mail leading the pile-on when a wealthy young black man dares to show off his suite in a fancy hotel, while on holiday. Know your place, dammit!
I sincerely hope you are kidding.

FrenchRed

I never thought I'd defend the DM, but I totally fail to see race being a part of this articule - for me it was more about rich (failing) footballer posting disgraceful content on social media. The DM did not create Ally McCoists comments which had nothing to do with race, but instead dragging the name of the club through the gutter.

Zlatattack

I don't think we should judge players by their social media, unless it's way out of line.

Judge them by their performances on the pitch.

Pierluigi Casiraghi

He's a cringe-inducing prat but some of the vitriol aimed at him is over the top (not so much on here, more on social media). As annoying as he is, doesn't strike me as a nasty person at all. Some of the stuff ex-players of ours who are lauded have done is so much worse than being a self-indulgent Instagram twit.

King7Eric

Of course I’m not kidding. The Daily Mail know exactly what they’re doing. They always do.
So if a white guy was doing this nonsense, it wouldn't be panned?

I don't think race has anything do for it, its a moron being called out for acting like a moron.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
So if a white guy was doing this nonsense, it wouldn't be panned?

I don't think race has anything do for it, its a moron being called out for acting like a moron.
I'm not accusing anyone who gets irritated by this of being a racist. And I don't think being of any particular race excuses behaviour that wouldn't be acceptable from someone of a different race. What I do think, though, is that a rag like the Daily Mail likes nothing more than running stories about "uppity" young black men, with more money than sense. Because it's fecking catnip for their readers. So this bit of footage is tailor made for them.

You can think that this video reveals Lingard and his mates to be prats all you want, but you can't ignore the more obviously sinister agenda behind the Daily Mail going big on this story.

clarkydaz

I'm not accusing anyone who gets irritated by this of being a racist. And I don't think being of any particular race excuses behaviour that wouldn't be acceptable from someone of a different race. What I do think, though, is that a rag like the Daily Mail likes nothing more than running stories about "uppity" young black men, with more money than sense. Because it's fecking catnip for their readers. So this bit of footage is tailor made for them.

You can think that this video reveals Lingard and his mates to be prats all you want, but you can't ignore the more obviously sinister agenda behind the Daily Mail going big on this story.
Lingard doesnt need the daily mail to annoy people

King7Eric

Fair enough.

Rinnegan240

They look cheap.
You can tell Rashford is not very at ease and comfortable in this. I guess he is succumbing to Jesse Bellend-gard's influence.

Either way, they look ridiculous, like a pair of corny twits.

Rinnegan240

Don't think it has to do with ethnicity or race.

A pair of bellends are a pair of bellends even if they were green-skinned.

Although a lot of casual stereo-typing, bigotry, and profiling has been perpetuated by the mass media to sell a narrative of the successful young black athlete as a vain show-pony with little substance fueled by a vacuous, hedonistic philosophy. This image is essentially fallacious as no race I know so far share a homogeneous lifestyle philosophy and lazy stereo-typing does not cut it.

ryansgirl

Yes, Jesse needs to tone it down judging by the latest offering which is really juvenile - you and your mates are joking about bringing back whoever for sex in your hotel rooms publicly on instagram, you don't need to, get over it. Teenagers get excited by posting on social media that way. You're not teenagers.

Your mate isn't a United footballer and public figure so his stupidity, while pre-20s, isn't that significant except for the fact that you don't need to post it on Instagram.

However, all this is mild compared to say Frank Lampard and co when at Chelsea drunkenly rampaging through an expensive hotel after the 9/11 terrorist attacks and jeering about them to American guests while throwing themselves around.

It's also mild compared to the never-named England footballer back in the mid 2000s or so who was on duty in a poor Eastern European country and deliberately tore up banknotes in front of a beggar or simply a poverty stricken person. Four Four Two mentioned that without mentioning his name. What an absolute scumbag, the kind of footballer that should be given negative publicity.

Any knowledge or guesses about who that was? John Terry sprang to mind, I've never thought of him in any way as a nice bloke especially given the way he was so comfortable with racially abusing Anton Ferdinand.

Last edited:

King7Eric

Don't think it has to do with ethnicity or race.

A pair of bellends are a pair of bellends even if they were green-skinned.

Although a lot of casual stereo-typing, bigotry, and profiling has been perpetuated by the mass media to sell a narrative of the successful young black athlete as a vain show-pony with little substance fueled by a vacuous, hedonistic philosophy. This image is essentially fallacious as no race I know so far share a homogeneous lifestyle philosophy and lazy stereo-typing does not cut it.
Jeez mate. We got it, you know a lot of fancy words. :lol:

Rinnegan240

Jeez mate. We got it, you know a lot of fancy words. :lol:
:lol:

Well, guess I sniffed in some dust off the old Merriam-Webster's.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say in essence is that while ethnic stereotypes do exist, especially one about young black athletes, it's probably not the case with the media slating Lingard.

I'm also saying not everyone within a racial/ethnic group will show the exact same traits and interests.

Like I'm African and can't dance to save my life :D

Last edited:

Chipper

Adulterer.
I don't think we should judge players by their social media, unless it's way out of line.

Judge them by their performances on the pitch.
On the pitch performance is what matters when it comes down to it and sadly it's not great at the moment.

That said, the whole point of players doing social media is to be judged in a way. Someone like Lingard is doing it because he wants people to think he's cool or funny and it's to build his brand. If he puts it out there he can't expect only positive feedback and it comes with the risk of many thinking he's a knob head instead.

Zlatattack

On the pitch performance is what matters when it comes down to it and sadly it's not great at the moment.

That said, the whole point of players doing social media is to be judged in a way. Someone like Lingard is doing it because he wants people to think he's cool or funny and it's to build his brand. If he puts it out there he can't expect only positive feedback and it comes with the risk of many thinking he's a knob head instead.
That's fine, i get that and i think everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think some people get a bit carried away though with the "disgrace" and "sell him" and "what would Roy think". I think his on field uselessness is a reason to sell, not his snapchat.

Having said that, i think he deserves abuse for the 0.012% tweet... especially considering the poor season he had. Similarly there are other social media messages that other people will deem not acceptable and people are free to share their views. I think the club should only be involved if he (or any other player) deliberately does things to bring the reputation of the club into disrepute.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Why would you think that? Its how they have been lately
I just can’t believe two men would dress like that and think it’s acceptable. Looks like something (I don’t want to say his name but he would ‘fix it’ would wear).

Zlatattack

I just can’t believe two men would dress like that and think it’s acceptable. Looks like something (I don’t want to say his name but he would ‘fix it’ would wear).
They're before his time. They must think it looks cool. Besides when you're young and have millions of fans, you are an influencer - he now makes trends, albeit only followed by numpties.

Chipper

Adulterer.
That's fine, i get that and i think everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think some people get a bit carried away though with the "disgrace" and "sell him" and "what would Roy think". I think his on field uselessness is a reason to sell, not his snapchat.

Having said that, i think he deserves abuse for the 0.012% tweet... especially considering the poor season he had. Similarly there are other social media messages that other people will deem not acceptable and people are free to share their views. I think the club should only be involved if he (or any other player) deliberately does things to bring the reputation of the club into disrepute.
Agreed, people absolutely do carried away and whether or not he or anyone should be sold should be all about what he brings in terms of performance unless he does something completely immoral away from the pitch.

Then there's levels of how people react to it all - worst for me is if some fans are sending him messages along the lines of "Get out of our club you fecking wanker" which I'm sure has happened, or if someone were to yell at him if they saw him out and about. Nobody deserves that for making daft videos etc. Not that I do social media, but I'd be fine with people sending him comments more like "You're acting like an idiot" in response to his posts just as I'd be fine with "Haha, you're so funny!". The same when people are gossiping about him on places like this.

clarkydaz

Look at some of their recent outings, they have become a doubleact . Harmless, but asking for ridicule while the club is a mess

fallengt

Jaysus . JLingz should take club's ambassador role when he retires.
Role model to guide the young and that. Exactly what United needs.

Silas

You can tell Rashford is not very at ease and comfortable in this. I guess he is succumbing to Jesse Bellend-gard's influence.

Either way, they look ridiculous, like a pair of corny twits.
:lol: Ok.