1 mega signing, 1 big-ish signing, 1 prospect

Yagami

Good post resistant
Does Fekir still play from the right? If so I would like him, as great as our forwards are at countering we lack a proper creator in the final third.
He plays as a CAM but is pretty much a support striker. Think Rooney back in the day where he'd, at times, drop deep to help defensively and help the build up of play, but got in the box for the goals instead of staying in the hole.

He often drifts over to the right, though. Him being left footed helps with his cutting inside there so I think he'd be fine there although I think it'd be best to use him in the middle.

Hawks2008

I don't mind that too much.

A 27 year old wouldn't necessarily be a prospect for the long term, but at that price they'd be somebody under the radar who's a prospect to make the step up for the short to medium term.
Agreed, just found it funny to see him listed as a prospect

OleGunnar20

£100m - De Ligt... I don't need any explanation

£50m - Zaha, Under Ole I think he'd step up a level and make the right side his own, can play across the front 3, Also would make a bigger impact than Sancho imo, bring back SAF last ever signing :drool:

£20m - Kenny Lala to rotate with Dalot at RB, 4 goals and 8 assists (joint highest assists in ligue 1) with a beckham esque cross on him, perfect for set pieces ect. solid squad player.
I used to bloody love Rafael and was genuinely gutted when he was sold. Does anybody have any idea how he is getting on these days? Did a quick search but only got stats which don't really tell the whole story for a player like him. I hope he is performing well and enjoying his football. Loved that lad!
Lala would be a good shout actually considering his age, would allow for rotation initially with Dalot hopefully cementing his place over the next couple of years.

Man I loved Rafael! Broke my heart to see him go & I'd have him back in a heartbeat. Even if he's not up to the caliber of some of our other options you cant deny his love for the club.

As Ole's tenure thus far has shown I think that passion is hugely underrated, I get the feeling he'd do well.

Reactions: Penna

Cheekiey

Lala would be a good shout actually considering his age, would allow for rotation initially with Dalot hopefully cementing his place over the next couple of years.

Man I loved Rafael! Broke my heart to see him go & I'd have him back in a heartbeat. Even if he's not up to the caliber of some of our other options you cant deny his love for the club.

As Ole's tenure thus far has shown I think that passion is hugely underrated, I get the feeling he'd do well.
Yeah either Rafa or Lala would be my picks, either would come in a heartbeat

DarkXaero

Throw the Mega bucks at Ajax for De Ligt

If I'm remembering correct Pellegrini of Roma has a release clause of a little over €20m so he could represent shrewd business. Maybe snatch up Rabiot on a free.

Does Fekir still play from the right? If so I would like him, as great as our forwards are at countering we lack a proper creator in the final third.

Yes, the 27 year old prospect..
A late bloomer, so what? He is having a breakout season at 27. We need a new RB badly

Manutd1990

On those prices:
1 Sancho. (Rw)
2 Milenkovic (cb fiorentina)
3 Rabiot.

Last edited by a moderator:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
A DM is more important than a CB. We've seen of late that on the proviso the defense has adequate protect they look quite good.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Still think we need a winger as big signing, then a CM and RB.

Andrew~

1. Dele Alli - Mega signing
2. Rabiot - big-ish
3. Rubin Neves - Prospect

MUfreak

Dybala - Mega

De Ligt and Erickson - Big-ish

Dalot as prospect, we don't need to sign any other. Get back Rapheal, him and Laird then we are sorted at RB for atleast ten years

Rabiot on a free, will cap off a great summer business.

Melville Red

A few names banded around here but who would you like out to help finance these signings? And what would you expect?
I’d like to see Jones out, new contract, so what hopefully some mug might pay £30million.
Rojo, haven’t seen him for so long I’ve forgoton what he looks like, again 25 - 30
Valencia his contracts up and his wages will go towards the pot
Pogba, some foolish big team from Spain might tip up 100million+ although his consistent performances might see us struggle to get back what we paid.

Infra-red

Some bargains to be had this summer. A few of the notable ones who'll have a year or less on their deal:

E. Hazard, Eriksen, Rashford, Fekir, De Gea, Timo Werner, Willian, Cavani, T. Hazard, Gundogan, Alderweireld, Ryan Sessegnon, Rabiot, Thomas Meunier, Matic, Bailly, Dries Mertens, Vertonghen, Matuidi, Ander Herrera, El Shaarawy, Hudson-Odoi, Cuadrado, Pedro, Diego Godin, David Luiz, Juan Mata, David Silva, Mandzukic, Modric, Dzeko, Raphael Guerreiro, Joel Matip, Callejon, Ever Banega, Mario Gotze, Kurzawa, Zinchenko, Rafinha, Giroud, Danny Welbeck, Fabian Delph, Sturridge, Lallana, Fernandinho, James Milner, Dzagoev, Keylor Navas.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A few names banded around here but who would you like out to help finance these signings? And what would you expect?
I’d like to see Jones out, new contract, so what hopefully some mug might pay £30million.
Rojo, haven’t seen him for so long I’ve forgoton what he looks like, again 25 - 30
Valencia his contracts up and his wages will go towards the pot
Pogba, some foolish big team from Spain might tip up 100million+ although his consistent performances might see us struggle to get back what we paid.

Even now people are seriously talking selling pogba.
Clueless.

Wallez

Some bargains to be had this summer. A few of the notable ones who'll have a year or less on their deal:

E. Hazard, Eriksen, Rashford, Fekir, De Gea, Timo Werner, Willian, Cavani, T. Hazard, Gundogan, Alderweireld, Ryan Sessegnon, Rabiot, Thomas Meunier, Matic, Bailly, Dries Mertens, Vertonghen, Matuidi, Ander Herrera, El Shaarawy, Hudson-Odoi, Cuadrado, Pedro, Diego Godin, David Luiz, Juan Mata, David Silva, Mandzukic, Modric, Dzeko, Raphael Guerreiro, Joel Matip, Callejon, Ever Banega, Mario Gotze, Kurzawa, Zinchenko, Rafinha, Giroud, Danny Welbeck, Fabian Delph, Sturridge, Lallana, Fernandinho, James Milner, Dzagoev, Keylor Navas.
Fantastic job making that list, I can really see some players that would strengthen our starting 11 from day one. Eriksen would fit nicely along with Pogba in a 433, while T. Hazard would be very interesting as an option on our right wing. I would say that he is similar to Mata, but with better pace and physique. Rabiot is better than both Matic and Herrera, while Alderweireld instantly would become our best CB. While I think Meunier is somewhat overrated by people who doesn’t watch him regularly, he is clearly a better RB than Young and would allow a smooth transition to Dalot in a few years. Ryan Sessegnon and Hudson-Odoi are not players we need at the moment, but could become real bargains.

Josh 76

Can't get my head round this 100m for an 18year old who has had half a good season in the German league.

I would be nervous paying 50m!

Fridge chutney

We'll probably get the following:
Sancho: £50M
De Ligt: £40M
Ndombele: £15M
Neves: genuinely not sure. Put aside £20
Fosu-Mensa coming back from loan
Greenwood and Chong and Garner coming through the academy.

I think that should cover it.

SAFMUTD

You must be playing FIFA way too much if you believe we can afford those players at those prices. Sancho won't go for less than 80M, De Ligt 60M, Ndombele 40M, Neves 40 M at least.

lex talionis

Sancho
Neves
De Ligt

But I doubt we can bring in those three with the 200m budget the media claims is our budget for summer transfers. But if we could bring in those three, OMFG. Best guess we would probably have to spend 80m for Sancho, 60m for Neves and 60m for De Light, which works out to 200m. Perhaps wishful thinking, but it might be doable. And if it takes 220m to get it done, then spend the 220m.

De Gea
Dalot De Ligt Lindelof Shaw
Herrera Neves
Pogba
Sancho Martial
Rashford

with the following for cover:

Romero, Grant, Young, Tuanzebe, Bailly, Smalling, Matic, McTominay, Fred, Pereira, Lingard, Lukaku

Sanchez, Mata and Jones need to move on. Not sure what to do with Fosu-Mensah. And I'm not sure who among Chong, Greenwood, Gomes and Garner are actually ready for the first team. Surely not all four.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Griezmann
Neves
Alderweireld

Although I actually think we'll splash out much more than expected this summer. City could quite conceivably win the quadruple and we'd have to react to show we're not going to be left behind.

Oaencha

Those prices are a joke, right? Sancho, De Ligt and Neves would be £70m-£100m EACH and Ndombele would be closer to £50m.

SiRed

i can see the summer panning out like this

Alderwerield 20m
Rabiot Free
Sancho 75m + add ons

This would be an excellent yet inexpensive window imo. And if opportunities present themselves and doors open for possible moves for De Ligt and Neves, i fully expect us to go in aggressively for them as we would hardly break the bank signing those 3 above.

Outs will be interesting.
Valencia seems done now. Rojo should be gone. Be lucky to get 10m for him. Jones will hopefully be shipped out for something similar to what we paid for him. Talk of Sanchez off to Juve is welcomed, 20m perhaps? And i actually think Darmian might stay, he is on super low wages and hasn't complained so i doubt we will be looking to force him out of the door, it will be down to him and his ambition i suppose.

Jibbs

Neves 70 m
Rabiot Free
Hirving Lozano 40 m
Kostas Manolas 30 m
Toby Alderweireld 25 m

Total Spend 175 m

buckooo1978

if we've only 170m to spend it will be a joke after the last Summer's frugality

even so I'll play along - I think we need diversity and more options in attack

RW: Sancho or Dembele (preferably)800
AM: Fekir/Depay 50/25
CM: Neves (20 boosted by a sale or three)

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
if we've only 170m to spend it will be a joke after the last Summer's frugality

even so I'll play along - I think we need diversity and more options in attack

RW: Sancho or Dembele (preferably)800
AM: Fekir/Depay 50/25
CM: Neves (20 boosted by a sale or three)
800m?

I feel CM is a more pressing need, Fekir will probably join pool this summer

buckooo1978

800m?

I feel CM is a more pressing need, Fekir will probably join pool this summer
that should be 80/100

Matic is the weak link in that midfield for sure and although he's done really well hes not the answer we do need a playmaker

a playmaker would certainly help too with our biggest issue - I think this is still going to be creativity and scoring goals against good defensive teams

we are effectively a well organised, hard working team who excel on the counter attack. Games like the one v Wolves will be typical of what we are likely to face and if Pogba isn't on it we can struggle to create and score

I think we do need a couple of attackers as well as a midfielder, a CB and a RB

theres certainly deadwood that needs cleared (Darmian, Rojo and one or two others), Mata should probably go but if Herrera doesn't extend it could be problematic too

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think a very feasible and realistic transfer window could be:

Griezmann £105m
Alderweireld £25m
Rabiot £10m (I imagine the signing on fee will be about that)

It would actually address a lot of areas and wouldn't mean we'd be letting a shed load of players go.

Wallez

A perfect transfer window for me would include
100 mill: Sancho
75 mill: De Ligt
10 mill: Rabiot

This would cover the main areas of concern in our starting 11, bringing in young players that are good enough from day 1 but still has room to improve. I think all three players would be attainable for these prices, and I am confident that all of them would choose to join United if given the option. We have tried to bring in experienced players like Schweinsteiger, Di Maria, Alexis Sanchez, Falcao and Mkhitaryan in recent years, and neither have had the hunger or desire to succeed. Even Matic has shown that he isn't a player that will take us to the next level. That leaves Zlatan as the only well-established player that has delivered for us, and he has a mentality that is out of this world. I would rather see hungry and upcoming players like De Ligt and Sancho, while Rabiot has a lot to prove after his recent problems in PSG.